Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Confused about taper - please weigh in!

[ne...]

Horrendous r/t from 1.5 k pins to .208 - reinstated to 2.5 k pin by new Pdoc who seems to know what she's doing. Have suffered from GAD for way too long so she started me extra slow on Zoloft a week ago. Depression slowly fading and am having only minor side sxs. Problem is 2.5 k stabilized many issues but fatigue and leg weakness remain. Do I hold for a while at 2.5 to give Zoloft a chance to take effect any maybe stabilize on the weakness or just go ahead and cut? I think it's possible that fatigue and weakness is being CAUSED by the benzo and bot by the lack of it. Or am I paradoxical? I just don't know what to think and my doc is leaving the decision up to me. Says anything is possible and we won't know for certain unless we try. I desperately need advice. I have no idea what to do and I'm feel like I'm just lying here every day, waiting to die.

The way I understand it, paradoxical means the drug actually has the opposite effect on you that it's supposed to have. For instance, since my leg weakness and a couple other symptoms did not go away after ibreinstated, I'm afraid I'm paradoxical. If that's the case, then I need to taper off this poison asap. Or if theres a chance it will go away if I hold a bit longer (1 week so far) then maybe I should do that. I've only been on Zoloft for a week also, so maybe another week hold might be in order. As I said, my Pdoc says it's up to me, but I've made so many mistakes during this nightmare I don't trust myself anymore. I could really use some opinions. Please.