Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Severe fatigue, normal?

[le...]

I am in the middle of reducing Klonopin, all is normal as in highly anxious, irritable, dizzy etc....But is this normal....I keep getting really tired as in it will come on rather fast. When the tiredness comes on I have a little sleep, the little sleep lasts about an hour then feel ok-ish again?  Also it seems to happen say if I have pushed myself so out driving as I cant drive very far from home or if I have eaten something, normally sugar filled so chocolate seems to have a big effect as in making me tired although I also seem to crave sweet foods?

yup sure is my friend, i have been off completly for 15 days and it was pure hell, im feeling better every day but it comes in waves, i went to the hospital 3 times thought i was dying, just tell yourself you will be ok and its temporary, but im feeling better everyday with more energy and the dizzyness finally stopped for me. hang in there

Hi Leo lion,

It's funny you mention this, I get strange fatigue patches throughout the day and especially in the early afternoon. Sometimes I take a nap and feel a lot better.

I noticed that yesterday when I felt absolutely garbage I ate a fair few Lindt chocolates and felt almost totally normal for the rest of the day! I got heaps of study done. Does chocolate make you feel better too?

I think the fatigue is very common so I nap when necessary if possible. As for the sugar if I get a craving for it I eat my favourite cookies. Doesn't seem to bother me and it's possible you might be having a bit of low blood sugar bouts. If chocolate makes you feel better I'd have some but in moderation. Otherwise you blood sugar levels can kind of yo yo and then you don't feel all that great. Listen to your body. It really does help. B Chunk Chips Ahoy are my pitfall but yum!

Totally normal. My first drop, even though it was only .125, had me fatigued for the better part of two weeks. Lessened dramatically with the second cut. I'm sure it's different for everyone.