Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Switching to titration method after starting with cut and hold

[Ch...]

I am starting to prepare for resuming my withdrawal later this month, but am at present deciding on which method to use.

It seems the titration offers a less painful w/d , which has a lot of appeal.

However its relative complexity makes me worry that I might screw up, especially as my sight is not the best, or miss a dose etc. So maybe I will be better starting off with Schedule 5 in the Ashton Manual to get off my dose of Clonazepam, but that involves adding Valium into the mix.

I have one or two questions: 

Am I right in thinking that with titration you just use the one type of pill, or Can you mix two different benzos? I am thinking it is going to be a real struggle chopping up a Clonazepam tablet just right, and not hard to get the dose wrong, even if I start out with the titration method.

Or am I missing he point and does this method obviate the need to worry about grinding up pills as you simply grab the desired amount of liquid with the syringe?

Yes, "...you simply grab the desired amount of liquid with the syringe"  Liquid titration is really pretty simple, probably much easier than dry cutting and weighing.

OK, thankyou. So am I correct in thinking that from day 1 of the taper to the time you jump,  you grind up the ssme amount of benzo that you are on at the start (inmy case 1.25mg Clonazepam) , in he same amount of liquid, and gradually reduce the amount you take up into the syringe and then swallow?

OK, thankyou. So am I correct in thinking that from day 1 of the taper to the time you jump,  you grind up the ssme amount of benzo that you are on at the start (inmy case 1.25mg Clonazepam) , in he same amount of liquid, and gradually reduce the amount you take up into the syringe and then swallow?

Yup, that's pretty much all there is to it.

• 2 weeks later...