Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Valium tapper

[gr...]

I wish to tapper off alepam15 using valium 2mg prescribed by my GP

I have been on the valium for 2weeks

I was on the alepam15 for 5months

Hello greenfrog :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies!. 

We are glad you found us, you will get plenty of support and advice on your Alepam (oxazepam) taper. We have a great bunch of people here, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

The best way to minimize withdrawal symptoms is a slow and careful taper.  It gives your central nervous system time to adjust to each reduction.  It is suggested to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days.  This can be adjusted based on how you feel.

I would suggest that you read the Ashton Manual, an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. It was written by an expert in the field.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

Substitution Taper Plans

General Taper Plans

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita