Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Should I go back on Klonopin?

[jx...]

It has to be discouraging, but I am sure just about everyone here would tell you not to go back on K.  If you did do it, you would likely end up in tolerance all over again and have to start all over from the beginning. Be kind to yourself.

[7a...]

It was a waste of time getting off this stuff. I don't feel any different now that I completed my taper.

Congratulations on getting off Klonopin!  :thumbsup:

Are you asking about reinstating because you still have symptoms?

If so, please consider that it often takes a period of time after jumping before the CNS can repair itself and the symptoms subside, so you might want to give it a chance before you throw in the towel.

If you need support while you 'sweat it out,' you have plenty of BBs here who are rooting for you!

Hi jx1104, So you feel like your wasting you time. I will tell you something about that. I have been off for nine months now and if you think it has been easy on me it hasn't. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I have been tempted everyday to give up and go on. But in the back of my mind I know that if I reinstate or relapse then in the future I will have to go through it again and I could not take a second kind. The first time has been hard enough.

I was taking them for 15 years and I knew that my mind was snapping but I believed it was because I was taking pills. So when I quit I totally believed my brain was fine. It isn't fine at all, my concentration period is about 10 seconds and my memory is totally shot. They tell me hear it is cog fog and it goes away. I'm kind of hard to convince of that. I wish someone had told me years ago, like my doctor who was prescribing them to me for example, that I was going to have this side effect. That is why I am telling you.

Every one you take is doing damage to your mind and your body. This is for real I am not saying it to scare you. If you don't mind being mentally challenged like I am, keep taking them.

getting back on benzos is not the answer. You hit tolerance so they will not work the same for you.

The only way through is forward with no benzos. Time will heal.