Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Reducing Valium from 2 doses per day to 1 dose?

[ed...]

Hello,

I know many on here have had to split doses from 1X per today to 2X per day (or even 3x or more!), but has anyone any experience condensing 2 doses per day into 1 dose per day? What was the result?

I was able to reduce to 2 doses per day from 3 earlier in my taper with only a couple of  down days, but don't want to press my luck this far into my taper.

I am currently splitting 2.57mg of Diazepam evenly and 12 hours apart. Getting tired of being a slave to the scale and would love to get down to 1 time per day and that's it.

Many thanks,

Ed

I think Builder dosed once a day. Maybe ask on the DP thread. I'm still doing three times a day. At what dose did you move to 2 a day? I'm trying to figure When to do that.

Thanks for the responses folks. 

Hope,

I began my taper only dosing 2x. However, around 7mg, I switched to 3x. Then went back to 2x right around 5.5mg or so. Builder, by his own account, had a pretty smooth taper. Unfortunately, I don't think we are the same animal.

Grape,

That might be some guidance for me. I think I will stabilize where I am and then move to a 2mg at night/.57 in the morning set up. Did you leave your night time dose completely intact until the early dose was phased out?

Thanks again,

Ed

Hope,

I began my taper only dosing 2x. However, around 7mg, I switched to 3x. Then went back to 2x right around 5.5mg or so. Builder, by his own account, had a pretty smooth taper. Unfortunately, I don't think we are the same animal.

Grape,

That might be some guidance for me. I think I will stabilize where I am and then move to a 2mg at night/.57 in the morning set up. Did you leave your night time dose completely intact until the early dose was phased out?

Thanks again,

Ed

I've been on 3x since the beginning. I have weaned the mid day dose down to 2 mg but am

Now working on the morning and evening doses. At some point I'll get that middle dose out, in the end it all has to go anyway right? I think you should be fine to go down to once a day dosing soon Ed. Your doses are going to get so small it will be silly not to anyway. I agree, neither you or I are a Builder lol. All the microtapering and math in the world isn't going to fix this for me. Just gotta

keep pushing forward and accept that there will be symptoms.

Hello,

I know many on here have had to split doses from 1X per today to 2X per day (or even 3x or more!), but has anyone any experience condensing 2 doses per day into 1 dose per day? What was the result?

I was able to reduce to 2 doses per day from 3 earlier in my taper with only a couple of  down days, but don't want to press my luck this far into my taper.

I am currently splitting 2.57mg of Diazepam evenly and 12 hours apart. Getting tired of being a slave to the scale and would love to get down to 1 time per day and that's it.

Many thanks,

Ed

Throughout my diazepam usage, and throughout my taper, I always dosed 2X day, until I got to 3mg, then I switched to 1X day.  No problem.

And I always took  very uneven doses, with the biggest dose at bedtime.  Again, no problem.

Hello,

Many thanks,

Ed

Throughout my diazepam usage, and throughout my taper, I always dosed 2X day, until I got to 3mg, then I switched to 1X day.  No problem.

And I always took  very uneven doses, with the biggest dose at bedtime.  Again, no problem.

Yeah, yeah. (playful tone)

Smooth as silk. No problems.

Good on ya,

Ed

Grape,

Thanks again,

Ed

Yes, I left it at 12.5 while I was cutting the afternoon dose. When I went from 13 to 12mg, I cut the full mg at once.  (The last .5 of the afternoon dose, plus .5mg from the evening dose).