Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Took 3mg klonopin before bed last night

[Ti...]

Remember symptoms at time can be severe after multiple withdrawals, and you have also reached tolerance. Both factors can cause some pretty rough symptoms.

Yes but am i in danger of a overdose?  I'm feeling attrocious this morning on my birthday

Happy birthday. :happybday: You are nowhere near taking enough to "overdose". You are on 3 mg correct? Morning are typically the worst period of the day for those in withdrawal.

[59...]

Yes but am i in danger of a overdose?  I'm feeling attrocious this morning on my birthday

Happy Birthday, Timmy!

That is certainly not an overdose, but neither is it a path to tapering - it's just a way to dig the hole deeper and deeper.

Hope your visit to the doctor will be productive today, and that this birthday will mark the first steps on your road to recovery.    :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday, Timmy!

That is certainly not an overdose, but neither is it a path to tapering - it's just a way to dig the hole deeper and deeper.

Hope your visit to the doctor will be productive today, and that this birthday will mark the first steps on your road to recovery.    :thumbsup:

You might consider this a rescue dose Timmy !    :2funny:

It's not really a big deal, I did it many times with Xanax 1 mg, took it at least 1 or 2 times a week for sleep but soon found out it is not a path to tapering like this person said. You can get a severe hangover from doing this and the day after you can experience some serious withdrawals and feel it mostly later on the day. You might consider taking a small extra dose after doing this. It's really not recommended doing this but no overdose by a long shot. I always get into trouble when it's my birthday too ...    :idiot:

:happybday:

You're only in trouble in that you continue to up your dose rather than give it any time to try and stabilize.  It seems like the longest you've lastest on any amount over the past month or so is a few days.  You'll go up, down, CT, then up, down, and on and on.  You're not on a good path.  Honestly, at this point you need to find a good doctor.

I am supposed to take .5mg twice a day but last night i was in deep pain. Am i in trouble?

what are you going to do the next time you are in pain? you need a plan.

I am supposed to take .5mg twice a day but last night i was in deep pain. Am i in trouble?

Great point i dint know.  Any ideas?  The depressikn is the worst. If not for the deoression thiswould  honestly be a breeze

Any ideas?

Yes. You have to learn to distract. Perhaps putting a plan together for next time can help you distract if even for a few minutes.

Timmy Happy Birthday!!!!

Timmy, you took a rescue dose and a fairly large one.  You've asked over and over if you will suffer if you start to taper off and the answer is "maybe". The answer might even be "probably".  But, what is your goal??  One thing most of us have realized is that if we wanted to be benzo free we had to go through the process, whatever it takes.  Yes, I had pain, yes I had a multitude of symptoms.  Was it worth it, YES it was!!!

As BRC said, what is your plan the next time you have pain?  There are no guarantees in benzo withdrawal. No one can tell you how you will feel or how long it will take.  You must decide what kind of future you want.  I was 60 when I jumped off and coming off benzos was the best decision I've ever made.

pianogirl

[59...]

Great point i dint know.  Any ideas?  The depressikn is the worst. If not for the deoression thiswould  honestly be a breeze

A common side effect of Klonopin, as well as other benzos, is depression - this should provide great motivation for you to get off all benzos once and for all.

A common side effect of Klonopin, as well as other benzos, is depression - this should provide great motivation for you to get off all benzos once and for all.

Leslie is right. I had horrible depression while I was in a tolerance withdrawal (although I did not know why I was so sick at the time). It was so bad I was bedridden for months, unable to smile or laugh. I simply existed. My friends put a bed in their living room to care for me.  Within 24 hours of detoxing the depression just lifted. Of course it was traded for much more severe symptoms from stopping such a large dose suddenly, but it was gone. Finally I had a answer to it.  Your depression is caused by this process so you really need to get off and stay off, but most of all you have to put together some kind of plan for when it gets to be too much.

The depressikn is the worst. If not for the deoression thiswould  honestly be a breeze

Which one is it Timmy???  You're updosing and taking rescue doses for "deep pain" and then saying that if it wasn't for the depression this would be easy.  If it is a breeze except for the depression, you should have an easier time than 99% of the people on here that had mental as well as terrible physical symptoms and you wouldn't have jumped right back to the pills last night for pain.

Honestly, I want everyone on here to heal and I want everyone to be happy.  I wish nothing but the best for everyone who's life has been destroyed by these pills.  But there are some people that I think may just need to be on them.  And I think you may be one of them.  I don't think you have the fortitude to do this as much as it pains me to say.  That's not to say that I think you are weak.  Maybe you just really do need these to function normally unlike a lot of us that have learned other coping mechanisms or were put on benzos for things other than severe emotional issues.  I really do hope the best for you.

The depressikn is the worst. If not for the deoression thiswould  honestly be a breeze

Which one is it Timmy???  You're updosing and taking rescue doses for "deep pain" and then saying that if it wasn't for the depression this would be easy.  If it is a breeze except for the depression, you should have an easier time than 99% of the people on here that had mental as well as terrible physical symptoms and you wouldn't have jumped right back to the pills last night for pain.

Honestly, I want everyone on here to heal and I want everyone to be happy.  I wish nothing but the best for everyone who's life has been destroyed by these pills.  But there are some people that I think may just need to be on them.  And I think you may be one of them.  I don't think you have the fortitude to do this as much as it pains me to say.  That's not to say that I think you are weak.  Maybe you just really do need these to function normally unlike a lot of us that have learned other coping mechanisms or were put on benzos for things other than severe emotional issues.  I really do hope the best for you.

Eric,

I don't think the pills are helping Timmy, they are making him worse. I don't think staying on

them is a good long term option or he will just be set up for a lifetime

of misery. He is just running in circles right now. That's the big reason I'm tapering off as I've never been stable on them, they've done nothing but make me sick.

Timmy,

I think you've got to dig deep within yourself

And find the strength to deal with these symptoms. Talk to your pdoc

about Remeron. I really don't think the Prozac is helping you as it is too stimulating. Maybe

you are one of the few that may actually benefit from rehab. It seems like you are having a hard time

On your own and could benefit from some structure and learn some coping skills. I don't know the answer, but I hate to see you doing this to yourself.

Any ideas?

I read in your signature it's not the first time you come off.

December of 2013 prescribed Klonopon for 3 months .5 mg twice a day.  Tapered off in one week, recovered nicely and moved on.

On June 15, 2016 was put in detox. Started and weaned me off diazepam 15 mg in 5 days

And this was making you angry and depressed like most people having a bad day in this world.

So you did all of this two times already. Two times you did a cold turkey and you honestly think you can't do a slow controlled taper and get off a third time ?? If there's anyone that can do it it's you, you might have an advantage on us ...    :tickedoff:

JUST DO IT !!!!!

You have to make the decision first, you need to know WHY, this will only happen when you are completely with your back against the wall. Stop punishing yourself and make the right choices and take small baby steps in the right direction and LET GO ! Because I feel and it seems like you are focusing and concentrating so much on this problem you can't think of anything else anymore and that's just what you need, DISTRACTION. "Where there is a will, there is a way" is another one of those expressions. Why you think it will be harder for you to do this then for anybody else in here ? Instead of posting all day use the energy for starting your taper.  :brickwall:

Just got back from pdoc and she said this. 

1.  Tapering me off klonopin in 2 week.  Because i wasntxon them for long. 

2.  Gave me Remeron to start immediately tonight.  I heardc7.5mg works better.  Stopped the prozac

3.  Prescription for buspar 3ctimes a day for anxiety.  She said i could chose whether or not i wantcitcor not.  She said defintely off the benzo and start with the remeron tonight

Just got back from pdoc and she said this. 

1.  Tapering me off klonopin in 2 week.  Because i wasntxon them for long. 

2.  Gave me Remeron to start immediately tonight.  I heardc7.5mg works better.  Stopped the prozac

3.  Prescription for buspar 3ctimes a day for anxiety.  She said i could chose whether or not i wantcitcor not.  She said defintely off the benzo and start with the remeron tonight

I thought you were reinstated to taper off sensibly. that's an awfully quick taper.have you put a plan in place if symptoms  get to rough?

I would go with that plan, stick with it, and expect it to get worse before it gets better and STAY OFF THIS SITE, YOUR GETTING TO MUCH ADVICE AND IT CONFUSING YOU TO MUCH AND MAKING IT HARD TO STICK WITH ANYTHING AND STOP EXPECTING THINGS TO GET BETTER OVER NIGHT.