Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

no let up in anxiety

[2t...]

During my taper I normally  have a few good what I call good days mixed in with bad days that seem to cancel each other out, I am able to say to myself that soon I will have some relief for a day or two.

I am now on my 7th consecutive very bad day with little sleep and little let up of my 2 major withdrawal symptoms, tinnitus and anxiety, jitters, cramps and head ache are also present.

I shall ride it through as best I can but it is really getting hard.

I understand that I am not alone and only I can do this thing but I just needed to put this in words to people who understand this hell. :D 

Do you have high blood pressure? Perhaps you could ask your doctor for low dose beta blocker? I'm on Antenolol but it slowed down my heart and rate too much so I am only on a quarter of the minimum dose (12.5mg). It's very effective against the racing heart physical manifestations of anxiety so it can give you a break etc. It doesn't effect your mind though so you can still get mental anxiety which I do - but it has helped me on the right dose. Hope you feel much better soon

Try to stabilize as best as you can but holds though usually don't work for me so I'm trying to plow ahead anyway. But no, you are not alone. It will get better. LOL it better at least we can hope for that. And congrats to Disney. Awesome and thrilled for you. You gave lots of us hope. Stay positive and we can get this beastly withdrawal done. B

Try to stabilize as best as you can but holds though usually don't work for me so I'm trying to plow ahead anyway. But no, you are not alone. It will get better. LOL it better at least we can hope for that. And congrats to Disney. Awesome and thrilled for you. You gave lots of us hope. Stay positive and we can get this beastly withdrawal done. B

This ^^^ Just gotta push through and stay positive and always tell yourself this too shall pass.

What percentage were you tapering from April until now?  Are you doing cut and hold, or micro-taper?  Or ?

I was doing a 10% from original dose or close to it at .05mg per cut, decided to slow down a bit a few weeks ago and am now cutting .0195mg per cut.

Using cut and hold and getting pills made up by a compounding pharmacist.