Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Would switching to Ativan ro withdraw help

[Ti...]

.....if im tolerant with Klonopin?  Would i be tolerant with,alxbenzos now or just klonopin?

No you would be tolerant to all benzos. Ativan has a shorter half life than Klonipin so you would not want to do that. Some people who are having trouble tapering their K cross to Valium as it has an even longer half life and you can make smaller cuts. It's best to taper off the drug you are on if you are able. I personally had to cross to Valium from Xanax though. Xanax has such a short half life that I started to go into withdrawal between doses (interdose withdrawal).

TimmyP,

No, switching to Ativan will not help you. The ONLY thing that will help is getting off ALL benzos and STAYING off and letting your body heal itself.

You simply have to stop flailing around from one drug to another, starting, stopping. As I've said before, there is no easy way out. There is no magic bullet. At some point, you need to stop running around in circles and make a decision....do you want to be on benzos or not? If you do, no one will judge you. Only you know what you're capable of handling. At this point you are not setting yourself up for success.

He wasn't talking about Ativan at all (or in particular), and that's one drug to stay away from, but about all benzos. I would just strongly disagree with what's being said here. Not saying that he should make the crossover to any other benzo because, Klonopin and Valium are the best to taper off of, but when I was on Clozan, Xanax 1 mg and Xanax retard 0,5 mg I did the crossover to Valium to taper down the first time and Valium hit me like a freight-train. I was clearly not tolerant to Valium. Then I was 3 years benzo free, reinstated about everything and tried tapering down 2 more times. The second and last time was about 2 months ago and I had reached tolerance to Valium now, I could take 10 mg without feeling a thing, taking 5 mg just pointless. I then made the crossover to Clozan and Xanax again and Clozan kicked in like never before I couldn't believe it as for Xanax. Same with Ambien, it hits me like XTC. If you're tolerant to one benzo it doesn't mean you're tolerant to all. They all work different. I'm sorry but I used a lot of different ones. When my Tranxene didn't work anymore I would switch over to Clozan being the lesser of the 2 in strength and I would feel it again. This has been my experience.

He wasn't talking about Ativan at all (or in particular), and that's one drug to stay away from, but about all benzos. I would just strongly disagree with what's being said here. Not saying that he should make the crossover to any other benzo because, Klonopin and Valium are the best to taper off of, but when I was on Clozan, Xanax 1 mg and Xanax retard 0,5 mg I did the crossover to Valium to taper down the first time and Valium hit me like a freight-train. I was clearly not tolerant to Valium. Then I was 3 years benzo free, reinstated about everything and tried tapering down 2 more times. The second and last time was about 2 months ago and I had reached tolerance to Valium now, I could take 10 mg without feeling a thing, taking 5 mg just pointless. I then made the crossover to Clozan and Xanax again and Clozan kicked in like never before I couldn't believe it as for Xanax. Same with Ambien, it hits me like XTC. If you're tolerant to one benzo it doesn't mean you're tolerant to all. They all work different. I'm sorry but I used a lot of different ones. When my Tranxene didn't work anymore I would switch over to Clozan being the lesser of the 2 in strength and I would feel it again. This has been my experience.

Read the rest of Timmy's threads and you'll know more about why people are responding the way they are.

Read the rest of Timmy's threads and you'll know more about why people are responding the way they are.

Since I have read all of your topics and posts Timmy I think its getting dangerous, - in your signature it would be impossible to tell everyone what you took and are taking - its chaotic. Now you keep asking people what you should do and whatever they tell you - its dangerous.

Timmy get to a doctor. It's really hard to offer you the support you need as no one is able to tell what is really going on with you. But no, stay away from Ativan. Huge mistake. Honestly, get to a doctor and update your signature. Do you really want off these drugs Timmy? If so, you have to go through a taper or whatever the doctor recommends. It seems like you're playing with fire right now so at a loss to help. B

It's mostly about attention. You guys are giving him pages and pages of information, if not the whole forum is at his feet. He will keep asking these very short questions and you guys will keep answering very long posts. Almost a book has been written by now on how to help Timmy. I just follow because I'm pretty new and I feel for the guy at some degree. He's allover the place and I can imagine it's because of the med's but I think it's time to stop this game. Next question will be "would switching to XTC or meth to withdraw help" or "would switching to Oxycodone or heroine to withdraw help". And we will keep answering these foolish oneliner questions. This is no good.