Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Compounded clonazepam

[La...]

I'm currently using a compounded clonazepam solution made with Ora plus.  I get it from a compounding pharmacy.  My starting dose was .75 mg.  They made the solution .1875 mg/ml.  I dose twice a day so I started at .375 mg morning and night.  .375 was 2 mls.  I'm down to 1.65 mls per dose.  This taper hasn't been going well.  I've been stuck at my current dose for over 1 month.  Anxiety is through the roof.  Heart palps and lightheadedness as well.  I'm only 17.5% down off my original dose and have been tapering since May 20.  Does anyone know if the compound is too concentrated?  Should I switch to a daily liquid taper making my own solution with alcohol and water?  I want to cut again and want this to go smoother.  It's been really bad since I started my new bottle on Sunday.

Just a some  comments:

If you do your own with vodka or PG

1)  You determine the concentration (mg per ml)

2)  You control the accuracy of the concentration

3)  Your liquid will be a true solution, not a suspension.

Thank you.  Do you think it will be a difficult switch?  I had some difficulties switching from the pills to the compound in the first place.  Is there someone who can help me with a plan?  I'm not sure about the math since .61 is an odd dose to start with.  I want to go slow.

Thank you.  Do you think it will be a difficult switch?  I had some difficulties switching from the pills to the compound in the first place.  Is there someone who can help me with a plan?  I'm not sure about the math since .61 is an odd dose to start with.  I want to go slow.

If you make your solution so .1mg=1ml, the math is really simple.  For example .61mg=6.1ml.

Thank you but I still need help  figuring this out.  Do I use 100 mls of water, 200?  I'm just not sure how to start.

It depends on what size tablets you have.  .

If you have .5mg tablets it would be .5mg K, 1ml vodka/PG, 4ml water

If you have 1mg tablets it would be 1mg K, 2ml vodka/PG, 9ml water

etc.

I have .5 pills but would need to use 1 1/2 since I'm at .618.  Why such a small amount of water?  I thought you used large amounts and tossed the amount you don't need.

I have .5 pills but would need to use 1 1/2 since I'm at .618.  Why such a small amount of water?  I thought you used large amounts and tossed the amount you don't need.

1)  You can choose any dilution ration you want.  If you want .1mg=100ml instead of .1mg=10ml, just add more water.

2)  You don't need to "toss" anything.  Dissolve 1mg (2X.5mg tablet) in 2ml vodka, add 8ml (or 88ml) water, and just draw out 6.18 ml, (or 61.8ml).  Just draw out whatever amount you need for your dose, you don't "toss" anything.