Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo belly

[be...]

Ouch, acute days  anyone found anything to ease the benzo belly. I know it is nerves and gaba, serotonin, based but anyone had any success easing the pain and weakness?

Believe it or not, I didn't have any stomach distress during withdraw..and my acute phase was horrendous. To top it all, I gained 35 lbs in a year. I've heard that immodium helps for the diarrhea..

Hi bernerd1, I have stomach problems from before going on benzos, heartburn and indigestion. I take Prilosec but my doctor told me something new about it. He told me to try taking a little baking soda when my stomach is acting up. Not a lot just a little like half a teaspoon at the most. It tastes terrible so I only can do it with water but it actually works. I told someone else about on here and she said it worked for her too.

Baking soda seems like one of those substances that seems to do everything. I put it in my pool when my PH is low, now I take it when I have stomach issues. I know it tastes awful but for me it helps. Just try it once and see if .

I've had some significant relief using probiotics and fiber, as someone else suggested. Not perfect but gets me from fairly uncomfortable to slightly uncomfortable. I'll see if I can find the OP with specifics.

Look up Chris chresser he has some great insight on which kinds of probiotics to use from a functional medicine stand point.I personally cannot tolerate any still at this point.I do use serrapeptase helps digestion,and slippery elm.wen

Thanks guys, yea I take dr. ohirras probiotics and fiber and don't have diarrhea, more like someone squeezing my guts with a giant hand. Involuntary nerves?????????