Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does it get worse before it gets better?

[Ja...]

I don't understand I have been on 8 mg of Valium for about a week. When I started Valium I was on 30 mgs. I functioned better then than I am now. Every little thing exhausts me and coffee is not much of a help getting through the day. Did anyone else become more tired on a lower dose of benzos?

I actually have more energy on a lower dose, but the brain fog and DR is worse. Caffiene is actually imo making your adrenals work harder thus maybe perhaps making you more tired. Just my .02

I too have less energy for some reason but that's just the way it is. I love my morning coffee and just can't seem to miss it without becoming a nasty bear. But, oddly coffee does like Beat said actually make me calmer that normal. So this is bitter sweet. Calmer but less energy. I'm tempted to switch to decaf. Might help but I'm really not sure because I get up every morning and change my mind about switching. Well at least during this whole mess at least that's one thing in my life that remains constant. I find though that no matter what just get up and move. If I do this my energy slowly but surely progresses throughout the day. Mild exercise if you can do it helps too. It is a drag though (no pun intended). 😬

I was initially drinking coffee, and it didn't seem to make much difference when I was at higher doses of Xanax ... But as I got half way through my taper, and started taking smaller doses of Xanax, it started making a big difference. I quit (actually drink decaf which has a little caffeine), and I felt much better. Might give it a try!