Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Contemplating best method for taper

[Ch...]

I am happy to say I am now at the stage where I am feeling more stable after using August to rest and relax and soak up the sun as much as possible. I have been on  a hold that now exceeds six months, as the first few months after the last cut (which was too large, I now know)  were so stressful.

My plan is to decide on a taper plan ahead of an appointment with my doctor on 12 September, then start implementing it when I return from vacation later next month.

I am minded to go for a plan that is a slight adaptation of Schedule 5 of the Ashton Mnaual, given that I am currently on 1.25mg Clonazepam.

However, I am wondering whether I should opt for the titration method. I guess everyone faces this dilemma.

I will probably start off following the protocol in Schedule 5 of the Ashton Mnaual and see how I get on. If I am proceeding OK, all well and good. If not, I may have to switch to the titration method.

Hi Enigmaman-

Good luck rebooting your taper. I think many of us feel our way forward without knowing exactly what the taper will look like from start to finish. You have already learned what is too much for you, so you have learned from that and now you are in a stronger place to move forward. I personally think there are no right ways to taper, only a wrong way (cold turkey) and then options. If you are moving down in dose over time and not feeling too too awful you are doing it right.

:thumbsup:

JKS

Thanks JKS.

I am back in a wave right now caused by my holiday ending and getting back into a bit of stress. So I just hope I can re-stabilise  by the time of my intended taper reboot at the end of the month. 

It is scary how lon fit is taking to get over a not so massive cut (17.5 per cent).