Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

First three Weeks the worst?

[Re...]

I know everyone is different but from everyone's experience were the first three weeks after their last dose when their symptoms were at their peak?

Thanks everyone :smitten:

Hi Recoveryneeded3, for me the acute phase lasted about 60 days but for most people it lasts like 30 days so yes at 3 weeks out you are probably at the peak of your terrible symptoms. At 3 weeks I had a terrible case of vertigo and I was falling down all the time, I could not eat and could not sleep, I was sensitive to light and sound, I was definitely miserable. So some of those or other symptoms should be passing for you, but like we all have different paths but similar symptoms and durations.

Everyone is diff...i didnt really have an acute stage at all. After my jump my sfx just stayed exactly the same and have been improving over the last 2.5 months.

I read it and started to get renewed anxiety also.

Need to go back and read something positive now.

I think honest posts are important. If you get scared you should not ask.

For me the first 3 months were pure hell, after that I made effort every week but didn't notice (I had to re-read my diary:-)

Honest posts are good but should not be taken as gospel for what you may experience.  This is a very personal journey we are traveling and EVERYONE is different.

Yeah, unfortunately it will probably be a very long haul. I'm 28 months and have been in a five month wave that feels like acute.

Stuff happens. I'm sorry.

I am going to choose to believe it is not going to be a long haul. The mind is a VERY powerful thing. I was in Palliative care on feeding tube a year ago. Today I took my son to an amusement park! I don't belive that acute symptoms at over two years off is the norm so I am not going to let that get me down. I hope others on here that read the comment do not either.

Luckily you were only on a small dose. The above poster seems to be and EXTREME case. As I said earlier everyone is diff. My sfxs stayed the same and then started improving after a month.

You know what Recoveryneeded3, having the right attitude is everything in this. ppl here  are going to tell you horror stories, but take them with a grain of salt because they probably are not going to happen to you. We are all different and while it takes a lot of time for others it may not happen to you. Move forward and get well soon, I hope we both do.

I'm not saying you or anyone will be acute for 28 months, neither have I.

But I have never seen anyone on this forum that was 'cured' in 3 weeks, 8 weeks, or 6 months. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone here that was less than a year to get over the last of the effects.

There are people on here with a lot more experience with this forum than me, though. Maybe they can help.

I'm not trying to scare anyone or argue---we're all in pain to some degree. And you and all of us should try to be positive.

The worst of it will be in the beginning. There are many symptoms that I don't experience anymore and some that are much less or intermittent.

Just stay away from the protracted section of this forum unless you want to curl up in terror.

I'm not saying you or anyone will be acute for 28 months, neither have I.

But I have never seen anyone on this forum that was 'cured' in 3 weeks, 8 weeks, or 6 months. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone here that was less than a year to get over the last of the effects.

There are people on here with a lot more experience with this forum than me, though. Maybe they can help.

I'm not trying to scare anyone or argue---we're all in pain to some degree. And you and all of us should try to be positive.

The worst of it will be in the beginning. There are many symptoms that I don't experience anymore and some that are much less or intermittent.

Just stay away from the protracted section of this forum unless you want to curl up in terror.

If you go to the success stories section there are plenty that have healed reasonably quickly. Even as short as a few months. Its just that they post their success stories and then move on and never come back cause they get on with their lives. There are also many that say they are basically healed after a few months except for 1 or 2 lingering symptoms which dont really affect them except for being a nuisance.

Not having a dig at you. You might even want to have a look there to give you more hope.

I do spend too much time in the protracted section. I'm not even close to the worst.

I never had the luxury of healing in peace. I had to keep on with my life the whole time. What remains for me are nuisances, not debilitating.

I realize to someone at 3 weeks I seem like a monster. I remember in the beginning reading the same things and finding it impossible.

Who knows why some linger and others don't. Good luck to us all.

I am 17 months off and still having terrible symptoms, so I think 3 weeks is really very premature !

No, this is not good for all of us to read...why??? :-[

I have to agree. I'm at 3 weeks and still suffering but am strongly driven to rejoin the 3 dimensional people.

I think the trick is to expect the best and not be disappointed if its not perfect.

I like to stay somewhere between what my uninformed dr. says and the best case scenario.

Fight!

I realize it's not going to be instant recovery I have accepted it is a process to heal. The main thing I was wondering was if symptoms progressively get worse after you take you last dose or if the first month is the most intense in regards to the symptoms. I know they will not magically go away over night. I just am trying to figure out if your symptoms continue to multiply and get worse or usually slowly improve. I am day 20 off Ativan and having periods where I feel normal. I am hoping this is a good sign.

I think you will continue to see Windows and Waves for a little while now. Keep your positive spirit and you should get well soon. You are on a pretty low dose that should help you to heal fast. just remember when you get this bad days it is prob because of WD, Good luck!

I just want to add in my thoughts too.

I feel the same way as the OP, I am wondering if this will get worse before it gets better, or if it will keep gradually getting better.

My main symptom is insomnia and some slight adrenaline rush/tingling sensations at night. Some anxiety, but mostly about sleeping and when I can't sleep.

I really scare myself sometimes when I read some stories about how for many people, it gets really horrible, or takes months or years. I feel like I can't wait it out that long.. of course if it took that long, I would deal with it and accept it and of course get through. I am only about 9 days off right now. Each week has gotten a little better, the hardest times are at night. We should keep each other posted, Recoveryneeded3.

I'm about two weeks off and have had a couple of particularly stressful days. Tonight I lay in bed with incomplete racing thoughts. It's extremely difficult to multi-task at work and my frustrations with people are difficult to hide. I'm also female and wonder if my issues are menopause related and my Dad had dementia and wonder about that, too.

At day 21. The worst symptom is anxiety/ panic. I still cant drive to anxious. I feel like slowly getting better. Hang in there! Days 9-12 were my worst so far.