Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

You sound good today, Cant. I heard a rumor you plan to go 4x4ing? Yikes! I'm suffering a bit from just mowing the lawn yesterday. But it was totally worth it. I love to be outside, in the sun, doing something productive. Still kind of jittery and have some neuropathy zings so need to distract. Mostly I can so, I'm pressing on. My body/brain say it's OK. How is everyone else doing?

Gardie :smitten:

Hey Gard, -Not a ride-on mower, I assume..?? Either way, good effort..!!

Funny how deep down our brain knows the limits of the time...

I forced myself out for a drive, mainly to escape the house and kids... They didnt want to come anyway because, a) dads a prick.. b) They couldnt take their cars..

Wasnt much fun due to how I feel atm... But it was something...

:)

No, not a riding mower. Not in the budget. And not a big yard with too many little turns and a steep slope to the ditch. I left the hard parts for my son to do.

I'm glad you managed to get out for a bit. How many kids do you have at home now? They seem to come and go. I lose count!

Hey... :)

Good to hear your getting there as you get lower in dose too... Is how it should be, Imo.. :)

Ummm.. Today I have 2 boys here... That may well change tomorrow.. :(  -long story...

Im just over the stress...

Happy Mums Day..!!

Hi Soberhope, and BG..

Thanks, Cant. I had a good Mother's Day. Went out shopping with my daughter who I don't get to see as much now that she is engaged. I got really tired after a couple of hours but no other symptoms. It was a good day. Contrast that to my battle with agoraphobia early in my taper. I would have gone out just to battle the agoraphobia and just endured it.

I do remember part of your long story. You sure had a LOT on your plate as you tapered. You're a very resilient guy. :smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound good today, Cant. I heard a rumor you plan to go 4x4ing? Yikes! I'm suffering a bit from just mowing the lawn yesterday. But it was totally worth it. I love to be outside, in the sun, doing something productive. Still kind of jittery and have some neuropathy zings so need to distract. Mostly I can so, I'm pressing on. My body/brain say it's OK. How is everyone else doing?

Hey Gard, -Not a ride-on mower, I assume..?? Either way, good effort..!!

Funny how deep down our brain knows the limits of the time...

I forced myself out for a drive, mainly to escape the house and kids... They didnt want to come anyway because, a) dads a prick.. b) They couldnt take their cars..

Wasnt much fun due to how I feel atm... But it was something...

No, not a riding mower. Not in the budget. And not a big yard with too many little turns and a steep slope to the ditch. I left the hard parts for my son to do.

I'm glad you managed to get out for a bit. How many kids do you have at home now? They seem to come and go. I lose count!

Hey... :)

Good to hear your getting there as you get lower in dose too... Is how it should be, Imo.. :)

Ummm.. Today I have 2 boys here... That may well change tomorrow.. :(  -long story...

Im just over the stress...

Happy Mums Day..!!

Hi Soberhope, and BG..

Thanks, Cant. I had a good Mother's Day. Went out shopping with my daughter who I don't get to see as much now that she is engaged. I got really tired after a couple of hours but no other symptoms. It was a good day. Contrast that to my battle with agoraphobia early in my taper. I would have gone out just to battle the agoraphobia and just endured it.

I do remember part of your long story. You sure had a LOT on your plate as you tapered. You're a very resilient guy. :smitten:

Well done Gardie.. :) -Still no small thing by my standards..!!

The improvements are great to see...

Kids were a bit better when home from work..  Waiting for the actions to speak...

• 3 weeks later...
Forgot to place my new dosage here, now at 0.10mg, and the light at the end of the line is shining brightly. This third time is nothing like my first two tapers, and looking forward to walking off.  💖Peace and Healing.

Forgot to place my new dosage here, now at 0.10mg, and the light at the end of the line is shining brightly. This third time is nothing like my first two tapers, and looking forward to walking off.  💖Peace and Healing.

That's great news, begood! You've got this!  :smitten:

Gwinna

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You will certainly walk off. You are a picture of patience!

That's great news, begood! You've got this!  :smitten:

Gwinna

Thanks Gwinna, hope things are better for you, just remember how far you have come, you will be OK, nothing about benzo taper is easy, but I do believe that Healing does occur, it might take longer than we want, but hang on one day you will be feeling wonderful. :smitten:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You will certainly walk off. You are a picture of patience!

Thanks Gardie, hoping all goes well post walk off...but will cross those train rails when I get there. You are getting really close too...just be patient and do not listen to the  >:D benzo's seductive words..."Rush, rush off" :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I've hit a wall. I did a small updose and am holding. Slow and steady. Even when I'm holding, I'm healing and I'm one day closer to freedom. :thumbsup:

Gardie :)

Hi everyone,

It’s Heathcliff here.

This must be a new support group because I never saw it before...or maybe I missed it.

I am at .12 mg valium. You would think I would be ecstatically happy.  I WAS  but I just finished reading through a few of the so called “success stories”  a dont  remember being so scared in a very long time

I am not caring how long it takes me to get off valium because I have a guardian angel by the name of Begood who always keeps me on the right track.

I have been going soo slow. I am being good and patient. When I hit .12  Two days ago I was so proud of myself. Well today I decided to read some success stories. WHAT! They read like stories from hell! Oh yes they talk about after TWO YEARS POST JUMP FINALLY seeing the light.WHAT! What is that.

I don’t know what dose they jumped at so that might explain their  mess after jumping.

BUT ALL IAM DOING NOW IS CRYING AND CRYING AND CRYING.  I Ws so sure I could walk off this stuff if I just stayed on it until I was only on “fumes” as Begood always says. And deep in my heart I still believe it...and I WILL STAY AND KERP REDUCING UNTIL I AM ON FUMES. And I know Begood is 100% right! Ohgolly where would I be without her and all the other buddies that are heping me along this road.

Why do people post such scary stories in a place that is supposed to lift a person up? Success stories? MY ADVICE....DONT READ THE SUCCESS STORIES! All they did was scare me and doubt everything I I believe is true about successfully getting of Valium by WALKING OFF SLOWLY. AND I DO REALLY STILL BELIEVE IT..SO THERE!

Ok , I’m not crying any more, well maybe just a little.

Thanks for letting me vent.

It’s been a Teary day.

But I am in good shape otherwise.

.12 mg valium, no wdsx, going like a turtle, and except for the stories I’ve read, I’m doing pretty damn well.

Just having a day of doubt and fear. I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH HELL WHEN I FINALLY DO WALK OFF THIS VALIUM POISON. :(

I hope everyone is doing well today and from here on... !

Heathcliff :thumbsup::crazy::idiot:

YAY! WAY TO GO  BEGOOD!  .1 Yay!

My earthly angel! My advisor! My friend! My buddy!

Every little step towards my finish line I owe to you! Thank you!

BEGOOD... All the best! I’ll be waving as YOU❤️ walk through the finish Line!❤️

Heathcliff

I've hit a wall. I did a small updose and am holding. Slow and steady. Even when I'm holding, I'm healing and I'm one day closer to freedom. :thumbsup:

Hi Gardie,

Sorry you hit a wall. Hope your updose works.  :smitten:

I remember you from the long hold support group.

You were Always there helping others, including me.

I hope you are doing well and çontinue your journey with little if any wdsx. Good to see you !

Heathcliff :thumbsup::smitten:❤️

Hi Heath. Good to see you! I am recovering from my stumble and am about where I was before it. Darn these long half-life drugs. I think the cut hit me a week after I made it. :sick: When I'm sure I'm stable, I will cut my taper rate in half so I don't trip up so badly if it happens again.

I don't think you have any reason to fear your walk off the benzo. You have been so careful. You have done a symptoms-based taper, being careful to stay at a rate that is healing, not traumatic. You have held when you needed to. I wish more people left signatures. It took a lot of reading around all kinds of places to find the few people who actually had a helpful signature. The majority of those I found who tapered to near zero had uneventful walk-offs.

When I hit the wall, I could have kept cutting to just get off ASAP. I was advised to get off ASAP so I could begin healing. But I know I have been healing during this taper. I know I healed during my long hold. I am not going to jump and crash from a bad place and neither are you. We are going to walk off. I don't expect to get instantly better when I walk off, but neither do I expect to get worse. Those of us who have tapered carefully can expect the best!

YAY! WAY TO GO  BEGOOD!  .1 Yay!

My earthly angel! My advisor! My friend! My buddy!

Every little step towards my finish line I owe to you! Thank you!

BEGOOD... All the best! I’ll be waving as YOU❤️ walk through the finish Line!❤️

Heathcliff

Heath we did this together, and all the great support we had on The Long Support Thread. I am thinking that you will reach the finish line before me, as my taper plan has the 30 day holds after my 10 day taper...but that is OK, I will be not far behind you. Stay Strong. 💖Peace and Healing Fellow Warrior. :smitten:

Hi everyone,

It’s Heathcliff here.

This must be a new support group because I never saw it before...or maybe I missed it.

I am at .12 mg valium. You would think I would be ecstatically happy.  I WAS  but I just finished reading through a few of the so called “success stories”  a dont  remember being so scared in a very long time

I am not caring how long it takes me to get off valium because I have a guardian angel by the name of Begood who always keeps me on the right track.

I have been going soo slow. I am being good and patient. When I hit .12  Two days ago I was so proud of myself. Well today I decided to read some success stories. WHAT! They read like stories from hell! Oh yes they talk about after TWO YEARS POST JUMP FINALLY seeing the light.WHAT! What is that.

I don’t know what dose they jumped at so that might explain their  mess after jumping.

BUT ALL IAM DOING NOW IS CRYING AND CRYING AND CRYING.  I Ws so sure I could walk off this stuff if I just stayed on it until I was only on “fumes” as Begood always says. And deep in my heart I still believe it...and I WILL STAY AND KERP REDUCING UNTIL I AM ON FUMES. And I know Begood is 100% right! Ohgolly where would I be without her and all the other buddies that are heping me along this road.

Why do people post such scary stories in a place that is supposed to lift a person up? Success stories? MY ADVICE....DONT READ THE SUCCESS STORIES! All they did was scare me and doubt everything I I believe is true about successfully getting of Valium by WALKING OFF SLOWLY. AND I DO REALLY STILL BELIEVE IT..SO THERE!

Ok , I’m not crying any more, well maybe just a little.

Thanks for letting me vent.

It’s been a Teary day.

But I am in good shape otherwise.

.12 mg valium, no wdsx, going like a turtle, and except for the stories I’ve read, I’m doing pretty damn well.

Just having a day of doubt and fear. I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH HELL WHEN I FINALLY DO WALK OFF THIS VALIUM POISON. :(

I hope everyone is doing well today and from here on... !

Heathcliff :thumbsup::crazy::idiot:

Heath, Gardie said it perfectly about the way you have tapered and what you can expect, when you walk off...please remember that as we taper down...no matter the amt, our Brain is healing and things crop up...like being more emotional, but remember it is just something that happens and yes we do tend to worry more, look how far we have come. When I started this last taper...my third, I knew I had to do it differently and I have and I have managed to tolerate the sx and not fret about it, as I knew hell on earth X 2, like Gardie stated I think I will have some wd sx, but not anything like I had those first two tapers. Stay Strong, your Brain is repairing as I speak, just like it is repairing for me, you can and will walk off, and you will be able to deal with what you must, I know many have had hard landings, but if the sigs for those that had a bad landing was still available, you would see that most went faster than we have...again nothing is guaranteed, but I know that whatever comes after our walk off...we will be able to handle. Thanks for walking with me during this Journey My Warrior Friend. :smitten:

Hi Heath. Good to see you! I am recovering from my stumble and am about where I was before it. Darn these long half-life drugs. I think the cut hit me a week after I made it. :sick: When I'm sure I'm stable, I will cut my taper rate in half so I don't trip up so badly if it happens again.

I don't think you have any reason to fear your walk off the benzo. You have been so careful. You have done a symptoms-based taper, being careful to stay at a rate that is healing, not traumatic. You have held when you needed to. I wish more people left signatures. It took a lot of reading around all kinds of places to find the few people who actually had a helpful signature. The majority of those I found who tapered to near zero had uneventful walk-offs.

When I hit the wall, I could have kept cutting to just get off ASAP. I was advised to get off ASAP so I could begin healing. But I know I have been healing during this taper. I know I healed during my long hold. I am not going to jump and crash from a bad place and neither are you. We are going to walk off. I don't expect to get instantly better when I walk off, but neither do I expect to get worse. Those of us who have tapered carefully can expect the best!

Thanks Gardie, this is a great post to Heath, and so happy you are doing better. And that you followed your path as you chose...A Friend and Warrior I am grateful to have met you. Oh BTW I have hired the Hammies to play with the "Turmoils" so they will be touring with them. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks Gardie, this is a great post to Heath, and so happy you are doing better. And that you followed your path as you chose...A Friend and Warrior I am grateful to have met you. Oh BTW I have hired the Hammies to play with the "Turmoils" so they will be touring with them. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Let's see.... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and    :o :o :o!!!

Oh Gardie, thank you for your reply. You make so much sense! And you said what I needed to hear! I sure hope you start to feel better very quickly.  I hope your little up dose does the trick.

I am Forever grateful for all the buddies and for this forum in general. It is so hard to get off of Valium, even with all the help we give each other. I can’t imagine I would have ever been able to do what I am doing with out this forum!

But, hey, we are doing it, aren’t we!,,,,.

Peace, Patience, strength,determination, perseverance and time!

Thanks to everyone who  is paying it forward!

Heathcliff :thumbsup::P:-\

Heath,

Heath, Gardie said it perfectly about the way you have tapered and what you can expect, when you walk off...please remember that as we taper down...no matter the amt, our Brain is healing and things crop up...like being more emotional, but remember it is just something that happens and yes we do tend to worry more, look how far we have come. When I started this last taper...my third, I knew I had to do it differently and I have and I have managed to tolerate the sx and not fret about it, as I knew hell on earth X 2, like Gardie stated I think I will have some wd sx, but not anything like I had those first two tapers. Stay Strong, your Brain is repairing as I speak, just like it is repairing for me, you can and will walk off, and you will be able to deal with what you must, I know many have had hard landings, but if the sigs for those that had a bad landing was still available, you would see that most went faster than we have...again nothing is guaranteed, but I know that whatever comes after our walk off...we will be able to handle. Thanks for walking with me during this Journey My Warrior Friend. :smitten:

Hi group. It's been quiet here so I thought I would bump this. I had to do a quick dose correction and hold because of severe sleep loss. It is working. Holding for a bit before I start up again. I'm going to walk off, not jump.

Hi group. It's been quiet here so I thought I would bump this. I had to do a quick dose correction and hold because of severe sleep loss. It is working. Holding for a bit before I start up again. I'm going to walk off, not jump.

Glad to hear things are settling for you. I agree that a nice walk off is much better than jumping...Stay strong.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

My taper hasn’t always been easy, but the last few months have been much better than the start. I started tapering in January of this year. I started way too fast and ended up with some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. At the end of March I switched to a dry dmt with powdered Valium and gelatin capsules and I have been doing so much better. I do 10%/10 days, but I have enough to slow that down should I need to. If everything goes according to plan I will be off in mid-December, so just under a year to taper 20 mg of Valium to .5 mg.

My taper hasn’t always been easy, but the last few months have been much better than the start. I started tapering in January of this year. I started way too fast and ended up with some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. At the end of March I switched to a dry dmt with powdered Valium and gelatin capsules and I have been doing so much better. I do 10%/10 days, but I have enough to slow that down should I need to. If everything goes according to plan I will be off in mid-December, so just under a year to taper 20 mg of Valium to .5 mg.

I'm glad to hear you've found method and pace that minimizes your symptoms. That is the key to an easier taper.  :thumbsup:

BTW, I don't think anybody on Benzo Buddies is having an easy time or they wouldn't be here. Wish I could change the title to Easier Taper support Group.

Glad to hear things are settling for you. I agree that a nice walk off is much better than jumping...Stay strong.💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:smitten:

hello everyone. Because I finally read some positive things about tapering on this thread, I decided to post my concern in hopes that someone can give me some positive words to give me hope. I've been on benzos for 15 years. I started taking them in 2004 with depression, OCD, and anxiety on my back. I feel worse than ever and I think that I'm experiencing some tolerance withdrawals. I want to get ahead of the game and microtaper off of Klonopin before my brain forces me into withdrawals. I need to do this at my own pace or I'll never make it. Even though my anxiety is pretty bad, I feel this is the best thing to do (contrary to my shrink's opinion). Has any of you been in my situation and can you throw me a bone of hope to hold on to? Thank you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [th...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ja...]
    • [ro...]
    • [de...]
    • [PE...]
    • [ry...]
    • [bi...]