Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Easier Taper Support Group

[so...]

It's a beautiful, sunny day here. Very much enjoying it after the long, gray winter and then the rainy, rainy April. I think the good weather helps my mood a lot. Maybe that's why my taper is going well or maybe I'm one of those lucky people who gets better as they get lower. I'm down to less than half a capsule now. If I keep going at this pace I will be off this summer. My signature shows how long I've been at this. I've seen so many buddies jump ahead of me and have been so happy for them. But I've also felt like I was so far behind them and so far from the end that I would never get there myself. Still, I kept going at my slow, careful pace. And now I can see the finish line. Amazing.

This slow, symptoms-based taper has worked well for me. It's tempting to jump now and be done with it, but I will keep turtling along to the end. And it will be worth it.

Gardie :smitten:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbestanimations.com%2FAnimals%2FReptiles%2Fturtles%2Fcute-turtle-animated-gif-12.gif&f=1

I am so happy for you Gardie, you have come a long way, and don't feel bad how long it has taken, my journey has been a long time coming too...I think we did what is best for us...everyone has to find a taper and speed that works for them...benzo's are ruthless and the wd is no picnic..."Time and Patience" has been my mantra. I never much thought about turtles, but I have a high regard for them...they set out and they do not worry how long...because they know that it is just over the next road....🐢. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

:thumbsup::smitten:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [ly...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is TWO-day. I am at 2mg of Librium. :D

Gardie that is "Great" :thumbsup:, look how far you have come...keep up the good work...it will be over before you know it. 💖 Peace and Healing from Your 🐢 Friend. :smitten:

Today is TWO-day. I am at 2mg of Librium. :D

Gardie that is "Great" :thumbsup:, look how far you have come...keep up the good work...it will be over before you know it. 💖 Peace and Healing from Your 🐢 Friend. :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It's a beautiful, sunny day here. Very much enjoying it after the long, gray winter and then the rainy, rainy April. I think the good weather helps my mood a lot. Maybe that's why my taper is going well or maybe I'm one of those lucky people who gets better as they get lower. I'm down to less than half a capsule now. If I keep going at this pace I will be off this summer. My signature shows how long I've been at this. I've seen so many buddies jump ahead of me and have been so happy for them. But I've also felt like I was so far behind them and so far from the end that I would never get there myself. Still, I kept going at my slow, careful pace. And now I can see the finish line. Amazing.

This slow, symptoms-based taper has worked well for me. It's tempting to jump now and be done with it, but I will keep turtling along to the end. And it will be worth it.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbestanimations.com%2FAnimals%2FReptiles%2Fturtles%2Fcute-turtle-animated-gif-12.gif&f=1

It's funny, I came on here looking for hope that maybe I can go faster as I get lower, because I have seen so many benzo warriors finish their taper while I turtle along, wondering what the secret to faster taper is.  I'm always so happy for them and they are my inspiration.  But, it does feel frustrating to feel stuck at such a slow pace.  Seeing posts like yours- reminds me that I can trust that whatever the pace is for me, will eventually lead me to freedom too.  Thank you for sharing your victory. 

It's funny, I came on here looking for hope that maybe I can go faster as I get lower, because I have seen so many benzo warriors finish their taper while I turtle along, wondering what the secret to faster taper is.  I'm always so happy for them and they are my inspiration.  But, it does feel frustrating to feel stuck at such a slow pace.  Seeing posts like yours- reminds me that I can trust that whatever the pace is for me, will eventually lead me to freedom too.  Thank you for sharing your victory.

Candice, you are right. You will one day be near the end and may find you can speed up. My signature shows that I've been able to. I'm still a turtle, though. I'm below Ashton's jump point and am still tapering. I hope to be patient enough to taper to a step-off rather than a jump-off. I feel the urge to jump but am able to distract and resist. One thing this journey has made me is much, much more patient than I used to be!

Candice, you are right. You will one day be near the end and may find you can speed up. My signature shows that I've been able to. I'm still a turtle, though. I'm below Ashton's jump point and am still tapering. I hope to be patient enough to taper to a step-off rather than a jump-off. I feel the urge to jump but am able to distract and resist. One thing this journey has made me is much, much more patient than I used to be!

Thank you Gardie, I too, intend to taper out the last remaining bits, unless something rapidly changes for me at those tiny amounts and my body says it's finished, I'll be walking off as well  :smitten:

What a great page to drop in for some sanity..!! You guys never dissapoint..!! :)

Hi BG, Candice, Gardie.. :)

Gard, Congrats.. -again... (you always seem to be quietly reaching another milestone..!!)

Candice, yes watch those sudden changes..!! -It can be a shock to wake up one day suddenly feeling heaps better..!! :)

BG 'ol Buddy Pal... Hows you going..?? Getting closer by the day..!! All I can say is you set many gold standards imo... Terrific Turtle Taper.. 🐢🐢🐢

What a great page to drop in for some sanity..!! You guys never dissapoint..!! :)

Gard, Congrats.. -again... (you always seem to be quietly reaching another milestone..!!)

Candice, yes watch those sudden changes..!! -It can be a shock to wake up one day suddenly feeling heaps better..!! :)

BG 'ol Buddy Pal... Hows you going..?? Getting closer by the day..!! All I can say is you set many gold standards imo... Terrific Turtle Taper.. 🐢🐢🐢

Thanks 'old TB, you helped me more than you know, when I was in doubt of what I was doing...you held me up and helped me to see things in a different way. I am close to walking off...and I know that if not for you and your steadfast support I would not be doing as well. Thanks for giving so much to others here at BB in your special way of making others feel better, I thought you was awesome many moons ago..when I read your post to another...and I still think you are awesome...but the best of all, I have a Friend for Life...Thanks for all that you do here for BB, and for being my 🐢 rock. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks 'old TB, you helped me more than you know, when I was in doubt of what I was doing...you held me up and helped me to see things in a different way. I am close to walking off...and I know that if not for you and your steadfast support I would not be doing as well. Thanks for giving so much to others here at BB in your special way of making others feel better, I thought you was awesome many moons ago..when I read your post to another...and I still think you are awesome...but the best of all, I have a Friend for Life...Thanks for all that you do here for BB, and for being my 🐢 rock. :thumbsup: 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

I love to read those words! :smitten:

I love to read those words! :smitten:

Gardie...you will get there soon, time goes fast...just keep distracted and know that one day you will be close to walking off too...nice and steady and no sharp turns..💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Mornink...

Thanks Guys, you are both too kind.. Is there a bigger exit that my head will fit through..? :)

-actually, lets not talk about my head right now... :( -Dirty, Dirty, Buprenorphine...

Its so windy and cold here, the house was shaking all night and im realy on edge... Wind is nothing unusual living high on the edge of a mountain (a little mountain), yet every strong gust makes my guts clinch...

A day of Distraction coming up... -Has anyone seen a good movie of late..??

Lol, I watched Groundhog Day last week... -Maybe 50 First Dates..?? Anyone have news on "As Prescribed" -I guess its still on its way...?

Mornink...

Thanks Guys, you are both too kind.. Is there a bigger exit that my head will fit through..? :)

-actually, lets not talk about my head right now... :( -Dirty, Dirty, Buprenorphine...

Its so windy and cold here, the house was shaking all night and im realy on edge... Wind is nothing unusual living high on the edge of a mountain (a little mountain), yet every strong gust makes my guts clinch...

Lol, I watched Groundhog Day last week... -Maybe 50 First Dates..?? Anyone have news on "As Prescribed" -I guess its still on its way...?

Gosh, that wind sounds dreadful. I go hide in the basement when it gets like that.

Let's see, I'm not really a movie person. I watch old British TV shows. If you don't mind occasional gore, Midsommer Murders with the original Barnaby is quirky/funny (the new Barnaby is not funny, stopped watching) and gory all rolled into one. Death in Paradise is newer. Not as gory. I liked the first 2 lead detectives. The current one is nothing special and some of the chemistry is gone. Gorgeous scenery and quirky characters again. Foyle's War if you like historical fiction, detective show set during WW2. Not kind to Americans, but I forgive them. :laugh:

Mornink...

Gosh, that wind sounds dreadful. I go hide in the basement when it gets like that.

Let's see, I'm not really a movie person. I watch old British TV shows. If you don't mind occasional gore, Midsommer Murders with the original Barnaby is quirky/funny (the new Barnaby is not funny, stopped watching) and gory all rolled into one. Death in Paradise is newer. Not as gory. I liked the first 2 lead detectives. The current one is nothing special and some of the chemistry is gone. Gorgeous scenery and quirky characters again. Foyle's War if you like historical fiction, detective show set during WW2. Not kind to Americans, but I forgive them. :laugh:

Hmmm... -Well now I feel old, if nothing else..!!

-no, seriously, -thanks..  Too bad the kids took the phone I hot spot off.. :(

Mornink...

Took the phone I hot spot off? Huh? Now I feel old. :(:laugh:

OK, now I feel Aussie. Daughter just said morning and I answered mornink. I totally blame Cant!

Mornink...

Took the phone I hot spot off? Huh? Now I feel old. :(:laugh:

OK, now I feel Aussie. Daughter just said morning and I answered mornink. I totally blame Cant!

Good on ya Mate... Seriously, if u want Aussie, talk to Dee..!! (Deadwood) -She makes me feel like a "one pound pom".. 

:)

You sound good today, Cant. I heard a rumor you plan to go 4x4ing? Yikes! I'm suffering a bit from just mowing the lawn yesterday. But it was totally worth it. I love to be outside, in the sun, doing something productive. Still kind of jittery and have some neuropathy zings so need to distract. Mostly I can so, I'm pressing on. My body/brain say it's OK. How is everyone else doing?

You sound good today, Cant. I heard a rumor you plan to go 4x4ing? Yikes! I'm suffering a bit from just mowing the lawn yesterday. But it was totally worth it. I love to be outside, in the sun, doing something productive. Still kind of jittery and have some neuropathy zings so need to distract. Mostly I can so, I'm pressing on. My body/brain say it's OK. How is everyone else doing?

Hey Gard, -Not a ride-on mower, I assume..?? Either way, good effort..!!

Funny how deep down our brain knows the limits of the time...

I forced myself out for a drive, mainly to escape the house and kids... They didnt want to come anyway because, a) dads a prick.. b) They couldnt take their cars..

Wasnt much fun due to how I feel atm... But it was something...

Happy Mother's Day - sending all the Moms love!

Getting to close to 1mg and this part of the taper has been a lot more EASY so happy to post that in this group!  :thumbsup:

I forced myself out for a drive, mainly to escape the house and kids... They didnt want to come anyway because, a) dads a prick.. b) They couldnt take their cars..

No, not a riding mower. Not in the budget. And not a big yard with too many little turns and a steep slope to the ditch. I left the hard parts for my son to do.

I'm glad you managed to get out for a bit. How many kids do you have at home now? They seem to come and go. I lose count!

Getting to close to 1mg and this part of the taper has been a lot more EASY so happy to post that in this group!  :thumbsup:

Glad to hear things are getting easier for you on a lower dose. It's been the same for me. Can make even cuts rather than percents and still do OK. The benzo beast is losing the battle at last.

Gardie :)

Sober, thanks for the Mother's day wishes for everyone. I am so happy that things are going well for you, keep up the good work, and I foresee you walking off and having the best life benzo free. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

No, not a riding mower. Not in the budget. And not a big yard with too many little turns and a steep slope to the ditch. I left the hard parts for my son to do.

I'm glad you managed to get out for a bit. How many kids do you have at home now? They seem to come and go. I lose count!

Hey... :)

Good to hear your getting there as you get lower in dose too... Is how it should be, Imo.. :)

Ummm.. Today I have 2 boys here... That may well change tomorrow.. :(  -long story...

Im just over the stress...

Happy Mums Day..!!

Hi Soberhope, and BG..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fl...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Li...]