Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Off ~ Topic Thoughts and Feelings

[mi...]

"I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, and the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

• 2 weeks later...
:) we are making it one small step at a time and sometimes not only need to lean on each other but also embrace eachother in love. good morning K. talk to you soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though it may not feel like you have a choice to get better, you do. We all have the choice.  We have many choices every day that can lead us to health or lead us to more pain. As the movie Shawshank Redemption says, "You're either going get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."

Now, to clarify, I am not referring at all to suicide with the word "dyin'".  What I am saying is that it is a choice on how you are going to spend your energy-physically and emotionally. Yes, it is hard and painful, but I'm going get busy livin'...otherwise, waking up each day and doing what I can to make it better or just hold on and get through it.  It's tough, but, again, it is a choice we all have.  If we always focus on the pain, it will only expand.

Though you haven't posted on the board lately, I hope you take care of yourself Millargirl.  I hope you choose to take good care of yourself and your life.

Sincerely,

Maggie :)

• 3 weeks later...

i'm going to jump in anyday now

some days are up

some days are down

some days a smile

other days a frown

is the way of life - some days.

ps i think we are all emissaries from other galaxies if that makes anyone feel any better :D

millargirl - i thought i visited your galaxy in a dream - and it seemed pretty darned keen.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Maggie,  :smitten:

I've been reading "Random Acts of Kindness" and started just DOING some of the things in the list ... you are so right on about where to focus the energy that we do have. The more energy we focus on GOOD choices, the less energy we have to focus on the NEGATIVE. I've been finding simple joys in just doing small things for others and it keeps me from dwelling on my own struggles. They fade away ... and arent' so IN MY FACE.

BLESS YOU MAGGIE.