How much accuracy needed for clonazepam water taper?

[...]

"the colder temperature will lower the solubility"

How close is .5mg clonazepam in 3 ml 80 proof vodka to the solubility limit?  I have no issues with alcohol, so could easily up the amount a ml or 2 to be safe.  I am asking, btw, about storing the final individual doses, 4 per day, that I will be making every other day. I thought the fridge because it can get hot in summer.

Actually, at that point the amount of alcohol no longer matters.  Once it is dissolved and water added the K will essentially be dissolved in water (less than 1% alcohol).  The data we have says the solubility of K in room temperature water is .03mg/ml.  I stay below this and usually shoot for .01mg/ml strength liquids.  You are dissolving .5mg in 400ml so this is a .00125mg/ml strength...no problem at all.

The thing with the fridge is you will lower the temp from ~70F to, what...about 40F?  I know there is an effect, but have no idea how big.  If I were to guess I'd say you are probably fine, especially with 400ml.

Thanks for this detailed explanation.  I even think I understand it!

So bottom line, there is no point to upping the vodka from 3 ml to 4 ml.  That's not the limiting factor.

By the way, I took my first dose of vodka/water mixture clonazepam 1 hour ago. This would not have happened if you had not suggested it in a message yesterday and patiently answered my many concerns.  It will make my titration process much easier. Thank you.  Absolutely! :clap:

Thanks for this detailed explanation.  I even think I understand it!

So bottom line, there is no point to upping the vodka from 3 ml to 4 ml.  That's not the limiting factor.

By the way, I took my first dose of vodka/water mixture clonazepam 1 hour ago. This would not have happened if you had not suggested it in a message yesterday and patiently answered my many concerns.  It will make my titration process much easier. Thank you.  Absolutely! :clap:

Success. :thumbsup:

"the colder temperature will lower the solubility"

I thought the fridge because it can get hot in summer.

The K won't spoil, the vodka won't spoil, and the water won't spoil.  Room temp is fine, even in the summer.

FWIW, and not a big deal, but I have 2 jars always going.  So I am dissolving my clonazepam over night in just alcohol. I keep it in a cupboard out of light.  Once i add the 90 ml of water and shake it up, it is as fine of a mixture where you can't see any particles. They all look tiny and uniformly mixed.  If I forget to start the day before I always feel better letting it dissolving in just alcohol for at least an hour.