Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Hi there...

[ra...]

Hi.I just wanted to say that I'm thankfull for this site. :)I've looked around everywhere,(I thought)..for a site like this one ,in the begining of the year.I started tapering ,the last week of Febuary ,from 1mg of clonazepam.I'm currently at .25mg of a .05mg pill.I've been taking fishoil and protein formula(vitamin E,B,C).I just wanted to say hi. :)

Hiya Raven,

I'm glad to learn that you found us! :thumbsup:

And a 'hi' to you too! How is your taper going?

Well...It's tolerable.It was really good up to a week ago when I made that cut.I've been cutting .125 off of 2-.5mg pills every 2 weeks ....I also noticed by reading some post that some members had a hard time or are having a hard time at this cut.My symptoms right now are: I'm tired and I have weird brain sensations...Last week I thought I was dieing....I had the weird brain sensations,heart palputations,dificult breathing...I thought I was just going to have a heartattack or a stoke or something...I know that this is all withdrawal...I went through this before when I came off paxil in 1 month(way to fast) a few years ago...but at the time when it's happening , you still question your health??...Like I said,I'm doing fine right now, just a little tired and the brain thingy...I'm glad that I can finely get some support. :)

Hi Raven,

I've just read your PM.

It sounds as though your withdrawal symptoms are becoming a little too worrisome for you, and given your anxiety about the potential for protracted withdrawal, you could instead titrate your benzo (make a liquid from your Clonazepam), and make smaller cuts with that. If you think you might be interested in this, I'll post some instructions for you. I'll need you to give me some details of the cuts you have made. Of the cuts that you feel were successful, I'd need to know how much you cut from what dose, and how long it was before you felt reasonably recovered and ready for a new cut. This information will allow me to work up schedule that should fit you.

In the begining I was scared about seizures.Now that I'm close to the end of this,I'm scared about protracted withdrawal.Has anyone here had success just "dry cutting" it? :-\ The whole month of April,I stopped taking my protein formula and I cut back on my fishoil.I was also fasting.I just started taking everything(the supplements) the way I should about 1 week ago and I'm eating again.I feel allot better now then last week.I'm just scared of feeling withdrawal when I'm done.I want my life back when I'm done.

I think the best thing you can do right now is to stabilise. Eat well, and eat regularly. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Take the Clonazepam at evenly spaced intervals (at twice a day, that's 12 hours apart). Do this until you feel more yourself, and then we could look at options for for finishing your taper. Taking it slow and steady should mean that you will not suffer any protracted withdrawal symptoms.

. . . And keep posting away when you feel crap (or when you feel fine for that matter). Sometimes a good old moan to those who understand can work wonders! ;);D

That's what I've been wanting.NO one understands.NO ONE IN MY LIFE!!I wish I would've known about this site in February...... :-\

Hi, Raven,

I know what yo mean about no one understanding. It's absolutely impossible to imagine the kind of hell w/d can be. Congratulations on getting off Paxil--I've heard that's horrible!

I was on .75 mg of Klonopin, and I cut tabs until I got to .25 mg. I just couldn't go any further without extreme symptoms. I switched over to Valium and was able to make smaller cuts that way. Switching to Valium worked well for me. I started with Valium tabs, and as I got lower, I switched to the ready-made prescription liquid and was able to make even smaller cuts. So that is another option for you, if you can find a doctor willing to switch you over.

Yo Raven,

Nobody understands unless they've been through this.  The average person has no idea what "mental pain" is really like.  We all do.  I'm still at a low dose but so much better off than before.  Our job is pretty much to undo the damage the doctors did to us by putting us on all this crap.  The doctors bring a whole new meaning to 'just say no to drugs".  A lot of us had our lives totally screwed up and we are all getting our lives back, a piece at a time.  You will prevail.

Freedom awaits,

Elwood

That's what I've been wanting.NO one understands.NO ONE IN MY LIFE!!I wish I would've known about this site in February...... :-\

Well, you are here now, that's the important thing. It also seems that you have done good job tapering considering you had no input from anyone else. Try to look forward - you really do have a lot to look forward to! ;)

Thanks guys.Paxel was hell...I didn't have a computer at the time but I knew that what I was experiencing was withdrawal....(I've read this so many times but it happened to me for a little over 10 years...)...I was on the roller coaster ride with anti depressants and benzo's..I would always go back to my doc. saying this is happening or that..I feel this way...I'm going crazy type thing..He would always up my dose or give me something different.I was on these types of drugs on and off.In 2004,I thought that I would take the paxil like I was supposed to(because I never did during those 10 years but I took it enough to feel withdrawl).At the end of 2004,it "pooped out" on me.I became extremely depressed....every symptom that you read ,I had...So I got off of it myself,After I was off ,I had protracted withdrawal that lasted for 5-6 months.It sucked. :'( I "snapped out of it" and went back to work and was the happiest I've been in all my life.Then later in the year I started to have really bad heart palpitations.(Which I know now was paxil withdrawal related)..I went to the emergency room and they didn't find anything wrong with me and told me to go to my family doc.I did and that's when he gave me clonazepam.He said it was because I was stressed and  had shallow breathing?? So,(like an idiot) I took it.Towards the end of 2006,I started to get really angry and irritable.I slept all weekend,I started to hate everything.I thought it was because I was working allot of hours and it took a toll on me and I needed a break,so I asked for a layoff.Then the 1st week in February I was extremely depressed again?? I was so close to going to a mental ward but there was a little voice in my head that was telling me that it's the drug. This time ,I had a computer ...(Knowledge is power)..I did nothing but research these types of drugs for 10 - 12 hours a day,the whole month of Feb.I was and still am very angry at my doc. and the pharmaceutical companies for doing this to people!!! Now,I am taking it slow..2 1/2 months so far for getting off of a 1mg pill.Who would think that a 1mg pill could do SO much damage.Now, only if the doctors did their own research!!!

Hi Raven

I am on Clonazepam as well and from all I've read 1 mg is a whole lot compared to things like valium.  I was also on Paxil at one point and actually had an episode where I heard little children yelling...not fun at all.  I still have some concerns as I was on it when I was pregnant with my daughter (now 2) and am hoping there will turn out to be no long lasting effects on her.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I hear ya and feel like crap too, but at least we are now all in it together!

Lori

Elwood---just say no, lol. Raven, admire your tenacity! Am recovering from surgery and told my surgeon the other day that I was tapering off benzos and told her how hard it was and she seemed genuinely surprised, since I refused pain drug refill. Getting ooff oxycontin after having cancer and taking it for a year or so was not that hard for me. This is. We have to educate the doctors because maybe they didn't read the insert! Tried Paxil once for anxiety and after a week, went off of it. It gave me huge anxiety attacks. I don't know how that drug works for anyone. It's satanic!

glori

I'm so happy for the positive support. :)(I have tears in my eyes as I type away)....Finally..Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!!!

Elwood---just say no, lol. Raven, admire your tenacity! Am recovering from surgery and told my surgeon the other day that I was tapering off benzos and told her how hard it was and she seemed genuinely surprised, since I refused pain drug refill. Getting ooff oxycontin after having cancer and taking it for a year or so was not that hard for me. This is. We have to educate the doctors because maybe they didn't read the insert! Tried Paxil once for anxiety and after a week, went off of it. It gave me huge anxiety attacks. I don't know how that drug works for anyone. It's satanic!

glori

Paxil, Prozac, Wellbutrin, and my personal formula for disaster, Zoloft.  Did them all and a bunch of other ones I can't remember because i was too screwed up.  All of them were supposed to help me and all of them made me worse.  The drug companies and the pusher doctors are screwing around with the underlying chemistry of our brains without having a clue of what they're doing.  Brain chemistry is far too delicate to be playing hit and miss with.  Zoloft - I c/t'ed that and spent about 3 days writhing on the floor in incredible mental anquish.  So I hear ya on the paxil.  All the SSRI's are bad news for most of the people that try them.  It's a multi-billion dollar industry though so it will keep on going I'm sure.

All this kind of makes you appreciate the beauty of normal consciousness.  Keep on haning in there and remember you are not your emotions, you are not even your thoughts.  They are just programs passing though you and you will outlive them all.  You will look back at all this and be amazed at how far away you have gotten from it.  I know this through experience.  I stil have some problems and I stlil have to finish getting off this garbage but I am about 1000% better off than I was a year ago. 

You are on your way,

Elwood

Keep up the good work, Raven! You've come a long way and you seem more positive as time goes on, from reading your posts.

glori