Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Currently at 1.75 V, and still trying to decide if a long hold would benefit me. I do not feel any better and have been around this dose for awhile.

The worst sxs is feeling off balance during the day with anxiety and at night I have ringing in the ears , neck tension, feeling like a weight is on my head.

Not sure this will be better if I hold. Things were pretty predictable and I felt the same everyday until I reached this low. Now it just seems the off balance, unsteadiness, feeling like I have half my strength is there everyday with no improvement.

I'm ready to kick this beast but at the end of the day I feel defeated...

Currently at 1.75 V, and still trying to decide if a long hold would benefit me. I do not feel any better and have been around this dose for awhile.

The worst sxs is feeling off balance during the day with anxiety and at night I have ringing in the ears , neck tension, feeling like a weight is on my head.

Not sure this will be better if I hold. Things were pretty predictable and I felt the same everyday until I reached this low. Now it just seems the off balance, unsteadiness, feeling like I have half my strength is there everyday with no improvement.

I'm ready to kick this beast but at the end of the day I feel defeated...

It sounds like the symptoms are catching up with you and you are due for a hold. I would do that if I were you. Hang in there!

I'm into Day 37 of 1mg V, reduced from 1.25mgs,

Feel absolute rubbish today so no chance of another cut for quite some time.  Too taxing.

Best to all.  :)

Dee

Hi everyone,

Didn't really introduce myself just jumped in unthinking.  Hello.  :)

I'm just going to be scrolling around and reading everywhere have no real energy for posts. 

Also feel sometimes that the constant reading, posting reinforces my anxiety. 

My intent is to hold until I feel better than now, and then cut by 5%.  Today is better than yesterday.  I hope to have a shower and make chicken soup. 

Dee

Hi Dee.. :)

This thread gets a bit quiet at times...

But WELCOME..!! :)

(I think most of us just jump in and post..??) :)

Sorry its rough for you right now.. But you are taking good steps to address that...

How u feel can have a strong relationship on posting wants and needs, and it is yet another thing you are working out objectively..!!

I sure have my moments, like the last few days, where I have mainly been reading and following up on some other benzo related thoughts...

You will bounce back when ready...!!

Best wishes..!! Hope u feel much better soon...

Have u had your M&M's..??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::) :) :)

I am so excited! I can finally post here :) Just cut to 3 mg of Valium today.

What are your worst symptoms valium buddies?

Happy Canada day to any fellow Canadians out there!

Hello,

My first post this year. Congrats on making it to 3mg. My worst symptoms at a lower dose are:

Stiff muscles and weakness, it was so bad around 2.5mg I thought I might have MS or Lou Gehrig’s.

Earlier in my taper, it was almost all mental so this physical stuff is new to me. It kind of freaked me out at first but it seems to be getting better. Sometimes I’m a bit dizzy in the morning when I wake.

I am so excited! I can finally post here :) Just cut to 3 mg of Valium today.

What are your worst symptoms valium buddies?

Happy Canada day to any fellow Canadians out there!

Welcome to the club! My worst symptoms are all GI related, burning chest, acid reflux, nausea. Those bring on intense anxiety. I am coming to realize that I don't think the anxiety is from the withdrawal, I think it is from the GI symptoms. Best of luck to you on your last 3 mgs!

Been relaxing taking it easy ... I was thinking about holding but cut some more and feeling good.

These benzos are so evil, one day I feel like I need to hold and then all of a sudden I start to feel better.

Ones things for sure I've learned to keep on pushing no matter what or how ill I feel, cause you'll have bad days and then comes the good days.

I'm going to keep cutting....of course I've mentally set my mind to conquering this beast.

Go Caltn!!

Mine are day by day too. Yesterday I was out canvassing the neighborhood looking for my friend's missing cat, today I have been bed bound all day feeling like crap. It makes it really hard to commit to anything, not knowing how I will feel when the time comes. I'm lucky that I have very understanding friends but man I've cancelled on them a thousand times over the last year.  :'(

Congratulations on making it to 3 mgs, Optimist!  :thumbsup:

Caltn, I'm glad that you're able to keep making cuts even though you don't always feel well. Keep on keepin' on.

OliveKitty, did your friend find their cat?

Hang in there everybody.

Gwinna

Congratulations on making it to 3 mgs, Optimist!  :thumbsup:

Caltn, I'm glad that you're able to keep making cuts even though you don't always feel well. Keep on keepin' on.

OliveKitty, did your friend find their cat?

Hang in there everybody.

Gwinna

Hi Gwinna, thanks for asking. No, Moonshadow has not been found yet  :'( My friend is going through a REALLY rough time right now, her bf broke up with her, then she lost her job, got in a car accident, and is getting evicted bc her landlord wants to move in. SO during the move her cat disappeared, and he is declawed (from a previous owner, she would never do that to a cat) so she is understandably worried. She also suffers anxiety not benzo related. Poor thing. I hope he shows up soon, she has been going there every day looking for him but she has moved across town  :'( :'( :'(

Hi Gwinna, thanks for asking. No, Moonshadow has not been found yet  :'( My friend is going through a REALLY rough time right now, her bf broke up with her, then she lost her job, got in a car accident, and is getting evicted bc her landlord wants to move in. SO during the move her cat disappeared, and he is declawed (from a previous owner, she would never do that to a cat) so she is understandably worried. She also suffers anxiety not benzo related. Poor thing. I hope he shows up soon, she has been going there every day looking for him but she has moved across town  :'( :'( :'(

Aw, I hope Moonshadow is found soon!

Gwinna

Fatigue hit me after I reached 1.5 mg. Valium because I had tapered fast after a two-year hold.  The fatigue is the worst symptom, and it has been the whole way.  I can't reduce further because when I try, derealization hits me and frightens me very badly, afraid that I will slip into psychosis.  I studied the web, and derealization is often presented in the psychiatric literature as preceding more serious mental illness.  So I can't take the risk.  I had three nervous breakdowns in my early adulthood, have been stable for 30 years, no relapse.

Fatigue hit me after I reached 1.5 mg. Valium because I had tapered fast after a two-year hold.  The fatigue is the worst symptom, and it has been the whole way.  I can't reduce further because when I try, derealization hits me and frightens me very badly, afraid that I will slip into psychosis.  I studied the web, and derealization is often presented in the psychiatric literature as preceding more serious mental illness.  So I can't take the risk.  I had three nervous breakdowns in my early adulthood, have been stable for 30 years, no relapse.

I'm so sorry Julianna, that sounds really hard. It sounds like you are due for another hold. Hang in there!

Thank you.  I am going to hold a long time, not sure how long.  Somebody on the "long holds" thread said that it was harder to hold than to keep cutting.  That is because it takes such patience to hold.  But I am feeling up this morning.  I awoke to a window, and I haven't awakened feeling good in such a long time.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if it lasted?  But I will just take what comes.

Thank you so much for this thread.  Somebody also said that below 3 mg. Valium was a piece of cake.  But I am not finding it that way.  It is easy to get discouraged.  This forum helps so very much.

A piece of cake!! If only! I have definitely not found it to be a piece of cake. Very gross cake, maybe.

Julianna, I almost posted recommending that you check out the support group for Under 3 mg Valium people...then realized I was posting in that group already! 

:laugh::D:idiot:

My apologies for the non sequitur...I figured it might be better to laugh at myself than click away all embarrassed. Stupid benzo brain, one day I will be able to concentrate again.

Gwinna

(I resisted the urge to make a blonde joke.)

Julianna, I almost posted recommending that you check out the support group for Under 3 mg Valium people...then realized I was posting in that group already! 

:laugh::D:idiot:

My apologies for the non sequitur...I figured it might be better to laugh at myself than click away all embarrassed. Stupid benzo brain, one day I will be able to concentrate again.

Gwinna

(I resisted the urge to make a blonde joke.)

lol, How many slices of cake did you have..??

:)

I have found low dose ummm "interesting"  -particularly below 0.5v  -Im so glad I didnt miss these last steps down..!!  -That would have created a horrid post jump situation for ME...

My best to All...

I'm finally in this club!! Huge milestone and thought it would never come. It's been a rough road getting here. I'm tapering Librium with a DMT.  Things have gotten overall better for me but certainly not sx- free. I hope it continues to improve on this last leg of the journey.

Wishing all of you a summer of Windows?

I'm finally in this club!! Huge milestone and thought it would never come. It's been a rough road getting here. I'm tapering Librium with a DMT.  Things have gotten overall better for me but certainly not sx- free. I hope it continues to improve on this last leg of the journey.

Wishing all of you a summer of Windows?

Hi Libr..!!

Well done..

-winter windows too..?? :)

Cantfly - The cake is a lie.  ;)

(Edit - That's an old game reference, not an insult to the people saying low doses of V are a "piece of cake." No rudeness intended!)

How far below 0.5 mg are you planning to go before you jump? Are you "walking off?" Right now I'm planning to jump when I get to 0.5 mg, but that may change once I see how I handle the 0.5 mg cuts every 2-3 weeks. I can go more slowly or cut smaller towards the end if needed.

Libr - Congratulations on getting this far!  :highfive:

How do you like the DMT method? I haven't tried it myself, but try to read about it enough that it remains an option should these cuts at lower doses be too difficult. I found that dry cuts/holds have worked for me so far, but DMT seems more gentle. I'm glad you've found a method that works for you.

Right now I'm debating whether to make my scheduled cut from 2 mg to 1.5 mg tomorrow, or hold for another week. I've found that the week of a cut is usually the hardest for me, then I start to feel better in the second week and get longer windows in the third week. It's not always that predictable but it's something like a pattern. Still, I've cut in the middle of a wave before and it made me feel better not worse, so...haven't decided yet.

Gwinna