Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I read just now in your signature that you take your Valium at night.  That can and does lead to fatigue, for you don't get in the deepest levels of sleep when Valium is fresh in your body.  I know from experience.  I was alright doing it for a week or two, but then very real fatigue increased, not Valium withdrawal fatigue, but something worse.

Take care.  If you are feeling extreme fatigue, reconsider when you take your Valium.

Julianna2014 I read somewhere that it was best to take it at night when going to bed. Out of curiosity, when do you think is the best time of day to take a dose? I am tired some days but nothing worse than usual.

Hi guys,

I take my V in a single morning dose... Thats where it worked best for my needs, which was muscle relaxation for my GI tract.. Others take it at night for sleep and such...

I think this is where personal needs and therapeutic effects meet...

There was a point early in my taper when fatigue was a huge problem, but dosing time or split doses didnt change it for me... For some people it does seem to matter..

So just another step in finding our own personal tapering plan...

If very sensitive, small changes seem best...

In most cases, dosing time shouldnt be something to worry over too much...

My best...

Gwinna and Olive; why not just hold longer? Some people hold for 6 months. I have. I know it can feel so important to get off but maybe body telling you you shoukd just slow down and let healing happen?

Gwinna and Olive; why not just hold longer? Some people hold for 6 months. I have. I know it can feel so important to get off but maybe body telling you you shoukd just slow down and let healing happen?

It's not out of the question, but I don't want to do that unless I'm sure I can't keep going. I'm not sure I'd handle an indefinitely long taper as well as others here have done. My rule of thumb is to follow the schedule I currently have (which already allows some flexibility) unless my symptoms become intolerable. They're pretty awful right now, but I'm managing.

Cant, I also take my dose in the morning for the same reason. It helps me have a better day and I don't suffer with Insomnia so that is not an issue. I have changed it around at different times in my taper and I agree that everyone's dosing time is personal and not that important to healing in general.

bluepill, yes I am on a hold right now and I could hold much longer but there are a couple of factors, I'm not working right now and so it might be a good time to continue tapering, at some point I'm going to completely run out of money and credit and then I'm not sure what will happen. Also I am on a PPI for acid reflux and I really hate being on it, it is so bad for the rest of my body, but I told myself I would get off it after I was done with my taper, which I thought was going to be in March! You are only supposed to be on this PPI for 2-4 weeks max and it's been almost 10 months. People definitely stay on it long term but I do not want to be one of those people, I'm hoping to finish my taper and then taper off the PPI. So, it's complicated. I have already started very lightly tapering the PPI bc it's freaking me out to be on it this long, but I do get acid reflux from w/d so it's a delicate balance.

Love to all of you!  :smitten:

I found some relief today! I was pretty symptomatic still this morning, but it was easing up enough that I hoped at least this wave was over. I decided to push myself some, to move and get outside instead of spending the whole day curled up in my favorite armchair.

I managed to go for a long walk in the rain with my husband and the dog. We were on a trail through the woods by a lake, and everything was so vivid and beautiful. Leaves were practically glowing green under the clouds, light was dancing across the ripples of the water as wind and raindrops hit, even the mud was deep reddish purple. The air smelled like honeysuckle, because there's nothing quite like a good summer rain.

I don't know how long this window will last. Given that I made my scheduled cut today, I'll probably feel lousy again in a few days - but maybe not, who knows? And anyway even if I do...it was worth it. I haven't felt like this since before I started taking Valium over ten years ago. I might not be there yet, but I am so thankful for days like today when I can at least get a glimpse of how things might be when this is finally over.

Hang in there everybody, and hold on to joy wherever you find it.  :smitten:

Really Gwinna-

Celebrate those days when the green just jumps out at you - they are a foretaste of longer-lasting healing and joy to come

[87...]

What a gorgeous, hopeful post!

Thanks so much for this, Gwinna – I’m so happy for you.

:smitten:

I found some relief today! I was pretty symptomatic still this morning, but it was easing up enough that I hoped at least this wave was over. I decided to push myself some, to move and get outside instead of spending the whole day curled up in my favorite armchair.

I managed to go for a long walk in the rain with my husband and the dog. We were on a trail through the woods by a lake, and everything was so vivid and beautiful. Leaves were practically glowing green under the clouds, light was dancing across the ripples of the water as wind and raindrops hit, even the mud was deep reddish purple. The air smelled like honeysuckle, because there's nothing quite like a good summer rain.

I don't know how long this window will last. Given that I made my scheduled cut today, I'll probably feel lousy again in a few days - but maybe not, who knows? And anyway even if I do...it was worth it. I haven't felt like this since before I started taking Valium over ten years ago. I might not be there yet, but I am so thankful for days like today when I can at least get a glimpse of how things might be when this is finally over.

Hang in there everybody, and hold on to joy wherever you find it.  :smitten:

Been cutting my 2mg pills, I'll be down to 1.7mg in about 5 days.

Dry cuttings isn't as hard as I originally thought it would  be.

Don't get me wrong there are some bad days but when I make it through those, the good days are very good.

I C/C/C/h and that seems to work.

It's hard to believe these tiny cuts still cause sxs. Of course the sxs are different now as I seem to have more fatigue, and off balance, dizzy feeling sxs.

I am feeling dizzy too---tiny cuts using liquid--anything below 3 mg kicks up new s/x but the dizziness is totally new for me and I don't like it at all. I feel worst sitting down. Better outside, walking. The dog is getting loads of exercise. Hang in...

Hi Guys,

Im sure getting some odd stuff down low..

Right now my ears are leaking and sore n swollen around them..

It comes and goes and swaps sides...

will get them checked again, but im sure its an extension of my SX..

The new mental SX are strong in a wave, and life events have played hell with them...

I think low dose needs a good share of quiet time and self care...

Book it in...!!

:)

That sounds like a bummer Cant! And so weird! I hope it passes quickly. Much love!  :smitten:

Hi Olive..!!

Yup, its odd..!! The fluid seems kinda corrosive, so its constant cleaning, and now a deep pinprick type ulcer hole slightly on the inside...

There is no infection, nothing even close... The Dr gave me steroids for congestion (chronic prior to this) But im not going there yet... Probably suggest antibiotics next...!! -Fine if she can isolate a bug..!

Anyways, -just a blurt... :)

How have things been for you??

Hi Guys,

The new mental SX are strong in a wave, and life events have played hell with them...

Book it in...!!

Hi Cant-

although I think my current wave is easing up a bit - always afraid to jinx it by saying anything or counting chickens before they hatch - but I have also had ear stuff - fullness, pain, and a sinus discharge that seems to come and go for no reason. And it switches sides. I think you are right - at the low doses stress really makes itself felt - I am hoping my family stays healthy for a while (no shingles, pneumonia or norovirus) and that my friggin bosses lay off me for a while - cause I am again just experiencing a tantalizing bit of a window....hang in

Hi Guys,

Book it in...!!

Hi Cant-

although I think my current wave is easing up a bit - always afraid to jinx it by saying anything or counting chickens before they hatch - but I have also had ear stuff - fullness, pain, and a sinus discharge that seems to come and go for no reason. And it switches sides. I think you are right - at the low doses stress really makes itself felt - I am hoping my family stays healthy for a while (no shingles, pneumonia or norovirus) and that my friggin bosses lay off me for a while - cause I am again just experiencing a tantalizing bit of a window....hang in

Thanks Cally,

Good to know im not on my own..!!

I so hope you keep feeling better, and work stays calm...

You remind me how lucky I am... -Just parenting I cant escape...

Be well.. -no jinx

Hi Guys,

Book it in...!!

Hi Cant-

Thanks Cally,

Good to know im not on my own..!!

I so hope you keep feeling better, and work stays calm...

You remind me how lucky I am... -Just parenting I cant escape...

Be well.. -no jinx

Yes I think we have to count ourselves very lucky - you've come back from incredibly physical challenges and I had that pesky Lyme - and yes that parenting is a beast and I hate to tell you but that never eases up - it was my 34 year old who had shingles and my 30 year old whose baby was so sick.....dad's never around so I was fulll-time nana for quite a while. And grandpas don't escape either so don't go hoping.

That sounds like a bummer Cant! And so weird! I hope it passes quickly. Much love!  :smitten:

Hi Olive..!!

Yup, its odd..!! The fluid seems kinda corrosive, so its constant cleaning, and now a deep pinprick type ulcer hole slightly on the inside...

There is no infection, nothing even close... The Dr gave me steroids for congestion (chronic prior to this) But im not going there yet... Probably suggest antibiotics next...!! -Fine if she can isolate a bug..!

OK, still holding at 2mg since April 20th. I have had a couple of days where I NEEDED to be on point and have updosed just for that day, and been able to go back to 2 the next day with no problem. I am starting to feel impatient to get to 0 but that's what got me in trouble in March! I guess I just thought I would be done with all of this by spring and could enjoy my summer for once. All hope is not lost though. I have been uncovering some MAJOR blind spots in therapy and finally dealing with them after 30+ years so I have to have faith that I will come out of this healthier than I went in! I hope your ear starts to feel better soon! My nostril has been hurting for days, I have no idea what it is but I never really considered that it might be w/d related, huh! Well I'm going to use the 'wait and see' method, it often works  :laugh:

Hi Olive..!!

OK, still holding at 2mg since April 20th. I have had a couple of days where I NEEDED to be on point and have updosed just for that day, and been able to go back to 2 the next day with no problem. I am starting to feel impatient to get to 0 but that's what got me in trouble in March! I guess I just thought I would be done with all of this by spring and could enjoy my summer for once. All hope is not lost though. I have been uncovering some MAJOR blind spots in therapy and finally dealing with them after 30+ years so I have to have faith that I will come out of this healthier than I went in! I hope your ear starts to feel better soon! My nostril has been hurting for days, I have no idea what it is but I never really considered that it might be w/d related, huh! Well I'm going to use the 'wait and see' method, it often works  :laugh:

Thats not so bad... The therapy might help reduce the feeling of needing to reduce so fast...

"Positive Distraction"...

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I am now at 1.25mg Valium and am doing well. It's been such a long, arduous journey. Good luck to all!!!  :thumbsup:

Using cut and hold how do you or anyone recommend accurate 1.75 mg doses. Plenty of both 5 and 2 Mg's Valium tablets available. Thanks in advance and yes a Jeweler Gram scale is available too.

HI, I am now at 1.25mg Valium and am doing well. It's been such a long, arduous journey. Good luck to all!!!  :thumbsup:

Using cut and hold how do you or anyone recommend accurate 1.75 mg doses. Plenty of both 5 and 2 Mg's Valium tablets available. Thanks in advance and yes a Jeweler Gram scale is available too.

I guess it depends on your definition of accurate, and how sensitive you are...

The long half life helps a lot, and I try to use the same tablet if possible, but I have no evidence that matters much... Though some will argue that it does..

You could do 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 of a single 2v

Or

1/4 of 5v plus 1/4 of 2v

I think I just held a bit extra and skipped that one myself...

Oh yes, -I remember...!! -I skipped it but had to use some rescue doses to "cushion" it a little...

-not advice... -im just saying...

I usually go with Cant's first suggestion, 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 of a single 2v. It's true it's not 100% accurate especially on the 1/8 but you get pretty good at it the longer you do it. If a chunk breaks off a little bigger I would use that one first.