Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hi Nomore...

Congrats on getting down to only 2V..!!

Your on the right track... -nice and slow -let your SX guide you...

You may well find that you cope much better with life stuff after your healed... 

Best wishes...

I posted in the General Taper Section a share your  experience with dry cutting V, the do's and do not's

With your input on dry cutting this  may help some people who are going this route in their taper.

I'm at 2mg and going to try and make my own liquid V, can't handle the phar supplied liquid V.

If making my own liquid doesn't work I'm going to dry cut and micro taper that way.

Please share your experience if you are dry cutting,

I dry cut at .25 each drop from 2mg all the way to 0. I ended up reinstating at 2mg but I think it's because I did not hold for long enough between cuts. Other than that, I think the .25 cuts worked well for me. It's about as small as you can get if you are breaking pills, which is what I do. When I finally get back down to .25 again I will hold for a lot longer than I did before. I think when I was taking 1/8 of a 2mg V it felt like I was taking nothing and it was basically a placebo, but now I think that was flawed thinking, I didn't take into account the V still built up in my system from previous days. I got impatient to jump. For me slow is now the way to go!

I dry cut at .25 each drop from 2mg all the way to 0. I ended up reinstating at 2mg but I think it's because I did not hold for long enough between cuts. Other than that, I think the .25 cuts worked well for me. It's about as small as you can get if you are breaking pills, which is what I do. When I finally get back down to .25 again I will hold for a lot longer than I did before. I think when I was taking 1/8 of a 2mg V it felt like I was taking nothing and it was basically a placebo, but now I think that was flawed thinking, I didn't take into account the V still built up in my system from previous days. I got impatient to jump. For me slow is now the way to go!

How long are you holding? I've been holding at 2-2.2 for about 6 weeks and my sxs aren't any better holding than when I was cutting.

Actually when I take  my pill in the morning I start to feel worse then as the day goes on around 2 I start to feel better.

The Valium makes me feel dizzy, off balance, uncoordinated , lack of energy, the longer I'm on it.

Hi Nomore...

Congrats on getting down to only 2V..!!

Your on the right track... -nice and slow -let your SX guide you...

You may well find that you cope much better with life stuff after your healed... 

Best wishes...

Thanks Cantfly. I spoke to my GP earlier about my tapering and a new prescription. She thinks I may be tapering too rapidly so I'll stop at 2mg for now. I took 1mg last night and am feeling it today. Anxious, restless etc. GP also said that getting off the last lowest dose can be 'tricky'. I think I'm a few months off that yet but it's still going the right way. As long as I don't have someone else be seriously ill or die in my family ...

How long are you holding? I've been holding at 2-2.2 for about 6 weeks and my sxs aren't any better holding than when I was cutting.

Actually when I take  my pill in the morning I start to feel worse then as the day goes on around 2 I start to feel better.

The Valium makes me feel dizzy, off balance, uncoordinated , lack of energy, the longer I'm on it.

I'm not sure, I've been holding at 2mg for almost a month and have definitely started to have a few good days, though today is not so good. I may hold a little longer and then start to taper again. I don't really know what to do!! I was definitely hoping to be totally off by now so it's all very disappointing. I wish there was a uniform way to do it that worked for everyone! Going to my therapist tomorrow, I'm going to talk it over with her.

I'm not sure, I've been holding at 2mg for almost a month and have definitely started to have a few good days, though today is not so good. I may hold a little longer and then start to taper again. I don't really know what to do!! I was definitely hoping to be totally off by now so it's all very disappointing. I wish there was a uniform way to do it that worked for everyone! Going to my therapist tomorrow, I'm going to talk it over with her.

I think your onto it Olive...!! -my fellow crumb chewer...!

My holding times from a 0.25v cut end up being about 2-3months... with new sx in waves for up to 3months post cut...

I aim for 2weeks of "good" before cutting again...

a couple of times the late wave is brutal but short, Enough to consider an updose even...

Knowing MY taper and SX has been a huge help, But still I do stupid things.. The hardest but most valuable thing is patience...

I wish everyone the best...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been at 1.25 mg. Valium for a week now.  Shakiness is my main symptom.  I have read that our symptoms will subside if we hold for three months.  I read a good post on the "long holds" thread that was exuberant at two months into a hold.

I am going to hold until my symptoms resolve, whether that is two months or three months. 

How slowly does it work to get totally off the last 1 mg. Valium?  When did you jump?

I love this thread.  Let's keep it going.

Hey Julianna!

I whittled my way down to 0mg in March, after jumping at .25 and I lasted 7 or 8 days and got slammed with sxs.. ended up updosing to 2mg where I am currently residing, I've been here over 2 months and I just can't bring myself to start tapering quite yet. I probably will soon but maybe I'll wait until after summer? I'm not sure! It's always a crapshoot.

Hi Olive --

I have been reading your posts (earlier), and knew that you had to updose to 2 mg. Valium.  Certainly it doesn't sound like a good idea to jump from 1 mg., which has been suggested to me, unless this jump were preceded by a very, very long hold.

I'm so sorry that you had to backtrack.  Read some on the "long holds" thread, if you haven't already.  There is some indication that healing during a hold at some dosage actually works best, rather than leaving all the healing after the jump.

Best to you.  I am very impatient, but my shakiness does indicate that I need to hold for a while.

Hi Guys..!!

Juliana, I love your sig..!! Very clear and informative..

Lol, Sorry -I just noticed it... (I had a blurt)

I am doing a cut n hold, roughly 0.25v every 3 months... So yes, definantly healing as I reduce...

The hard thing is time and making sure that each cut has run its course and dont accumilate...

-Then a few weeks after my last wave I look at cutting again... Averaged out it probably costs me one bad week out of every month...

Low n slow is my path, if I dont get tempted, But I did try to jump from 0.5v (by fading out days doses, or more forgetting too often)...  Im never going to do that again..!! -and I was pretty stable...

And Im not sure how im going to get from here (0.25v) to 0v..??

Step by step ever forwards...

:)

Agreed Can’t. That is a good sig! It seems the liquid is easiest way once u get to 1. At least that’s what I’ve gleaned. Not that I’m even close at just under 3. But that’s the plan.

Agreed Can’t. That is a good sig! It seems the liquid is easiest way once u get to 1. At least that’s what I’ve gleaned. Not that I’m even close at just under 3. But that’s the plan.

Thanks Blue, You are right ofcourse..!

Trouble is that liquid and I dont seem to play well together...

I may have to revisit that and put much more effort into a slow cross over...

Though last time I held and updosed..

I wonder if I dont have an ocd thing about pill splitting to the last..!!

-or stubbourn pride...!!

2.5 and crap. Trying to figure out how long to hold, the amount/ method to use . I would settle for 50% functional and less of ridiculous fatigue/insane mood swing haha. Liquid has given me nightmares in the past(water and pharmacy) and my scales are not accurate, as I was daily microtapering till last week when I decided to hold.

Hey guys!

I'm almost here, currently alternating days, 2.5 mg (half a pill) one day, then 5 mg (full pill) the next. Dropping to 2.5 mg daily next, in just over a week. Alternating doses is working okay so far with Valium's long half-life, but this cut has been harder than previous cuts. I'm a lot more anxious, and GI issues got more severe. These cuts are way more than 10%, and I hear many people have a harder time as their taper gets down to smaller doses. Will probably try liquid titration if I can't handle the dry cuts, my NP is researching it now.

Glad to be in a space with others in similar situations.  :thumbsup:

I've managed to hold at 2mg of Valium daily for over a month now. Over the past couple of days I have decided to try and cut down to 1mg but will do this gradually as am currently taking 14mg a week and a drop to 7mg in one week would be too steep, so will alternate between 1mg and 2mg gradually reducing over a few weeks or so to 1mg. Does that sound like a good plan? I then want to come off Mirtazipine but will worry about that when I'm off the Valium.

What concerns me slightly is that my GP said 'the last bit of the taper can be tricky'. I'm seeing her next week so will discuss further.

I read just now in your signature that you take your Valium at night.  That can and does lead to fatigue, for you don't get in the deepest levels of sleep when Valium is fresh in your body.  I know from experience.  I was alright doing it for a week or two, but then very real fatigue increased, not Valium withdrawal fatigue, but something worse.

Take care.  If you are feeling extreme fatigue, reconsider when you take your Valium.

Hey NMP,

Might you be into tapering .5 mg at a time? When I got lower on my Valium I found that cutting by .5 was much more gentle than a whole mg. So maybe you could cut to 1.5 mg and see how you feel, and if you are feeling stable in a week or more, then cut the other .5. It's amazing how much just a half a mg can affect you. Good luck!  :smitten:

Hey NMP,

Might you be into tapering .5 mg at a time? When I got lower on my Valium I found that cutting by .5 was much more gentle than a whole mg. So maybe you could cut to 1.5 mg and see how you feel, and if you are feeling stable in a week or more, then cut the other .5. It's amazing how much just a half a mg can affect you. Good luck!  :smitten:

I might ask about adjusting my taper schedule to be more along these lines. I could drop from 2.5 mg (half pill) to 2 mg (smaller pill), then cut those and drop to 1.5 mg, then 1 mg, then 0.5, then 0.5 every other day, then jump. 3 week holds at each of these steps would add another month to my projected jump date, but at six months would still be pretty quick. I know those cuts are an increasingly large percentage, but that's still more gradual than I was planning to do.

Hey NMP,

I might ask about adjusting my taper schedule to be more along these lines. I could drop from 2.5 mg (half pill) to 2 mg (smaller pill), then cut those and drop to 1.5 mg, then 1 mg, then 0.5, then 0.5 every other day, then jump. 3 week holds at each of these steps would add another month to my projected jump date, but at six months would still be pretty quick. I know those cuts are an increasingly large percentage, but that's still more gradual than I was planning to do.

Yes this seems like a good plan! When I got really low I actually started tapering by .25. It does make it longer but there is no race to the finish line if you are just going to feel awful the whole time. I mean, I feel awful anyway but, less awful!

Yes this seems like a good plan! When I got really low I actually started tapering by .25. It does make it longer but there is no race to the finish line if you are just going to feel awful the whole time. I mean, I feel awful anyway but, less awful!

I hear ya...I have had no relief at all since this previous cut, all the symptoms are worse two weeks later. I figure if I already feel ill, I might as well press forward and then hold at 2.5 mg when I won't have to keep track of alternating days. If my symptoms become any less bearable, I'll re-evaluate. It can be hard to tell the difference between impatience and determination sometimes, can't it?

I hear ya...I have had no relief at all since this previous cut, all the symptoms are worse two weeks later. I figure if I already feel ill, I might as well press forward and then hold at 2.5 mg when I won't have to keep track of alternating days. If my symptoms become any less bearable, I'll re-evaluate. It can be hard to tell the difference between impatience and determination sometimes, can't it?

So hard! I'm there right now, I've been holding at 2mg for over 2 months and I can't decide if I should start tapering again or not. I am impatient but I also don't feel that great and really don't look forward to feeling worse.  :sick:

[4f...]

So hard! I'm there right now, I've been holding at 2mg for over 2 months and I can't decide if I should start tapering again or not. I am impatient but I also don't feel that great and really don't look forward to feeling worse.  :sick:

Wanted to share that some symptoms improving now under 1.25 mg. Still get hit with daily waves of “yuck” but definitely no worse than at 4 mgs keeping me moving forward. I was c/t prior to this making my journey symptomatic irregardless of method, hold, etc

I would encourage you to keep moving forward.

We’re almost there!

Wanted to share that some symptoms improving now under 1.25 mg. Still get hit with daily waves of “yuck” but definitely no worse than at 4 mgs keeping me moving forward. I was c/t prior to this making my journey symptomatic irregardless of method, hold, etc

I would encourage you to keep moving forward.

We’re almost there!

Thanks for the reassurance! I'm not looking forward to making another cut when I'm still ill from the last one, but relief will come eventually if I stay distracted. I tried c/t as well, many years ago but like you I do think it's making this harder now.

We will get through this!

Hey NMP,

Yes, Or even 0.25 if needed...

Yes V has a long half life, but I dont think this applies to all its "therapeautic" effects...

IMHO, I feel that alternating days is not the best healing environ for our CNS... I did read something that hinted at what I will describe as a "micro kindling effect" -oh I hate that word -kindling..!!

Though this may be the only way I can pill split my way off 0.25 V...

We are all different, you may be fine... -just a caution...