Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

OMG OMG OMG. I have been waiting for this day forever. I am finally at 3 mg of Valium

and can now join this thread. Lol. Looking forward to us navigating the “low doses” together.

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATS". :thumbsup:[/glow] Welcome, nice when you get to 3mg, best to you on your Journey Off. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi begood. Good to see you here! Look at you under 0.5!  :smitten:

OMG OMG OMG. I have been waiting for this day forever. I am finally at 3 mg of Valium

and can now join this thread. Lol. Looking forward to us navigating the “low doses” together.

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATS". :thumbsup:[/glow] Welcome, nice when you get to 3mg, best to you on your Journey Off. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi begood. Good to see you here! Look at you under 0.5!  :smitten:

Yep, but I still have a long way to go, I am slow like a 🐢, but that is fine with me. First two tapers horrific and not going that route again. Too fast and cutting too much. Now slow and slower. ;D:smitten:

Welcome to the low dose thread, NoMorePills..........you've come a long way! 

Ss

Thanks it's been quite a journey so far ...

Hi NoMorePills,

Your journey has been quite an accomplishment! Great job so far and I'm glad you found this community.

Thanks I'll be glad when I'm off all the pills.

Hi everyone, I'm a new member on the forum. Been on Valium for 6 years. Was on a high a dose as 35mg in one day. Been tapering since December 2016 and now between 2mg and 4mg very few days or so. Plan to go down to 2mg in the next few weeks. I have a lot of the side effects that people on here have been describing. My main ones are anxiety, low mood, mood swings, digestive issues, Tinnitus and dizziness at night. Will be so glad when I'm off for good. Wishing you all the best  :)

Hi NoMorePills...

Welcome, and best wishes..!!

:)

Thanks 😊

I'm currently at 2.3mg and holding after tapering from 7mg. I have pretty much hit a wall of anxiety cause I went from dosing 2x a day down to 1x a day. I've been holding for almost a month and crossed over to all phar supplied liquid V and having weird sxs.

I was hoping to be down around 2mg by now but not going to happen for another 15 days or so.

After reading some posts here it does seem to get harder tapering from 2mg for some reason. I hope and pray I get off this by Oct. 2018.

Why October?

Well that's 6 months from now , surely I'll be off...

You might be.. or might push too hard and wind up having to backwards like I did.  Its better not to have a timeline and just go by symptoms.  Good luck!

Hi George, good to run into you again, hope things are going well for you. Keep up the good posts to others and Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi George, good to run into you again, hope things are going well for you. Keep up the good posts to others and Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi BG!!  I am doing well benzowise, mostly because I am holding ... I am in the fight of my life with eye problems that started out small six months ago and have just gone downhill since... I think I would take benzo withdrawl over the eye issues any day.. no end in sight (pun) on this one for me ... just going doctor to doctor.. I'm very discouraged and scared, but still in the fight.  How are you doing?  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi BG!!  I am doing well benzowise, mostly because I am holding ... I am in the fight of my life with eye problems that started out small six months ago and have just gone downhill since... I think I would take benzo withdrawl over the eye issues any day.. no end in sight (pun) on this one for me ... just going doctor to doctor.. I'm very discouraged and scared, but still in the fight.  How are you doing?  :smitten: :smitten:

So sorry to read about your eye problems, and making the rounds of Doctors. Yes I am sure you are fearful. If they have not sent you to Teaching Hospital see if you can be seen there, I know many with different problems was cured of things they had been told not much they could do or not sure what was going on.

Please know that I will add you to my Prayer list and I will be sending you good JuJu vibes, I know how much I love reading and taking for granted that I will be able to see without problems, I know your strength, hold on to that when you feel you can not go on with all the tests and such. I understand what you are saying about the tapering, it can be done, but when real life things come into play that is another ball game all together. Stay Strong and please do not stop fighting. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

So sorry to read about your eye problems, and making the rounds of Doctors. Yes I am sure you are fearful. If they have not sent you to Teaching Hospital see if you can be seen there, I know many with different problems was cured of things they had been told not much they could do or not sure what was going on.

Please know that I will add you to my Prayer list and I will be sending you good JuJu vibes, I know how much I love reading and taking for granted that I will be able to see without problems, I know your strength, hold on to that when you feel you can not go on with all the tests and such. I understand what you are saying about the tapering, it can be done, but when real life things come into play that is another ball game all together. Stay Strong and please do not stop fighting. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement BG!  :smitten:  Yes my doctor is trying to get me seen at Shands or at Mayo.. maybe they will be of some help.  Trying to remain hopeful  :)

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement BG!  :smitten:  Yes my doctor is trying to get me seen at Shands or at Mayo.. maybe they will be of some help.  Trying to remain hopeful  :)

:hug::mybuddy:  :hug:

I'm currently at 2.3mg and holding after tapering from 7mg. I have pretty much hit a wall of anxiety cause I went from dosing 2x a day down to 1x a day. I've been holding for almost a month and crossed over to all phar supplied liquid V and having weird sxs.

I was hoping to be down around 2mg by now but not going to happen for another 15 days or so.

After reading some posts here it does seem to get harder tapering from 2mg for some reason. I hope and pray I get off this by Oct. 2018.

Why October?

You might be.. or might push too hard and wind up having to backwards like I did.  Its better not to have a timeline and just go by symptoms.  Good luck!

Great advice, Sir.

Thanks

Why October?

weeeelll... -I did think 4months... (18mths ago..!!)

How time flies...!!

Not saying that you wont be fine though..!!

Hey George..!!

Why October?

weeeelll... -I did think 4months... (18mths ago..!!)

How time flies...!!

Not saying that you wont be fine though..!!

Hey George..!!

Hi Can't! Nice to see you here  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down to 2mg and feel the need to slow down. I'm going to hold at 2mg for 14 days and see how I feel then. I feel like it's just my previous cutting catching up to me, so it would be wise to hold and see how I feel.

Hoping everyone in this thread a successful taper.

Nice to catch up and see how everyone is doing. If I may throw in my two bits......... keep the taper slow and steady. As scary as it may feel - tweak your taper or c/h as or if you need to make necessary adjustments as your dose decreases. Many find they need to shift how they are tapering in order to continue - others are able to just continue the course and slide right off.  Allow the symptoms to guide you over the calendar if possible. I appreciate that overwhelming desire and longing to hit the zero mark and settle into the last phase of healing.  You guys are doing great! You will conquer this and healing is happening.  :smitten:

DT097xAX4AEltaf.jpg

Hello everyone,

Hope you don’t mind me joining in here. I’m from the long hold support  group but would like to add this group to my support system too. As I read I see some of my  good old buddies here too.

So hi to all of you!

Nothing much going on with me, except realizing how much slower I must go as I go down in dose.

I was doing a 10% reduction every two months from 1mg Valium. Thought it would be done in 20 months. Now that’s REALLY. Slow.... but looks like as I get lower and lower, I’ve got to go slower and slower. Instead of taking me 10 months from the point I am at now....who knows how long it will take!

Well I guess I’ll just have to take it one day at a time.

I hope everyone here has a good day tomorrow. It’s about 1:30 a.m. in the USA... I can’t sleep!

What else is new! ;D  I’m not surprised! ;D

Heathcliff :smitten:

[8a...]

Please welcome me back. I started my taper from 2 mg Valium equivalent two days ago after an updose from 1 mg. I have been a very bad boy. But this time I am determined. No more opiates until prescribed and no more alcohol ever ever. These are my promises to myself and God.

I should be jumping June end now.

I'm finally at 2.0 mg V, never thought it would take so long going from 3.4 is where I start my DLMT of pill and liquid.

I'm holding at 2mg for awhile so my body can adjust cause I never thought it would be this hard to reach 2mg. Heck from 7mg to 3.4 wasn't that bad.

I have tried to mix liquid V with milk and micro taper my whole dose but after 8 days my body would feel sicker and sicker, I tried two times.

The only way I can taper is half pill half liquid, wow sounds  crazy.

Once I start to taper from 2mg I may half my pill and make my own liquid from the other half or dry cut. I'm so undecided what I need to do.

Wish me luck trying to dry taper... I have read links how to weigh so I'm going to try this.

I've been doing a daily micro taper since 2mg and have finally arrived at .5mg.

I've been reducing at a rate of .25mg/wk, which I know is fast compared to many here, but I've been tolerating it. Sleep sucks, but most other symptoms haven't been too bad, most of the time.

I've read that I can jump now, but I think I'm going to ride this thing down to .25mg next week and then jump.

Should I just stop altogether next week, or take a dose every other day for a week at the end?

Seeking: I would go down as low as you can before you jump but once you do I think you are done.  You will more than likely have the same s/x as you had with any decrease in your dose and as time goes on you hopefully will be like the rest of us who have healed - some ups and downs but each time you feel better and better. What was very helpful to me was reading the 4 stages of healing which is in the post withdrawal board as a sticky. It tells you what to expect and where you are as you heal.

Congratulations on your anticipated jump. 

Seeking: I would go down as low as you can before you jump but once you do I think you are done.  You will more than likely have the same s/x as you had with any decrease in your dose and as time goes on you hopefully will be like the rest of us who have healed - some ups and downs but each time you feel better and better. What was very helpful to me was reading the 4 stages of healing which is in the post withdrawal board as a sticky. It tells you what to expect and where you are as you heal.

Congratulations on your anticipated jump.

Thanks kgirl ;)

I've read that post and I know it makes no sense since I'm just finishing tapering... but I feel like I'm in phase 3 most days at this point in time. There are more difficult days, and sleep is difficult, but overall. Really odd. I'm thankful anyhow.

I have managed to get down to 2mg Valium nightly, since 26th April 2018. Trying to get down to 1mg but struggling with side effects such as anxiety and gastrointestinal issues. I am now tapering slowly, no more binges.

I'm writing down every dose so I can see where I am. Have done this since early February this year and feel it's more structured. I could also see where I was going wrong as I was leaving too long between doses and ended up taking more than I should to deal with withdrawal symptoms. I'll be so glad when I'm off these for good. It's been 6 years since I started taking Valium and didn't think I would become addicted, but it crept up on me and took a hold. I took them to deal with really difficult stuff in my life, to try and block it out along with drinking. Valium still has a hold on me, I'll be honest and I'm scared how I'll cope with anxiety etc once I'm off them. I go running etc but it isn't always enough to deal with the dark stuff that goes on in my head ...