Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Am ever Amazed at the effects of V, below 1mg..!!

-I think time has saved me while pill splitting down..!

My 3-ish month post cut holds were interesting to the end each time..

My best to all..

Cant,

What has been your experience under 1?

I guess that some SX have gone, the ones that were so out of character and unexpected, But in most ways, low dose has been every bit as strong as prescribed or higher doses...

I think for most people low and slow stands true...

I tried to jump from 0.5V but it hit me real hard a couple of months out, and im fighting for stability at 0.25V... -more healing time needed...

Are your symptoms physical?  If so, have you found anything that helps?

Wanted to add that im sorry you’re getting hit so hard on .25 mg!  Inconceivable.

Will you continue to hold?

Thanks.. its ok, i knew better...

I only jumped cos i kept forgetting it and wasnt home so much.. when nothing happened, i thought i was clear..

Im a big fan of long holds, and will sit here till stable and a bit..

I cant think of any med or suppliment that i would reccomend outside of special circumstance...

But distraction, exercise, living life all help, when its at all possible...

I have had mainly physical stuff, but also touches of just about everything.. at about 2V in My taper i was bad for waking in panick/anxiety, and so sensitive to light n sound... Also fatigue and insomnia..

I get a mean benzo flu when i have gone way to off track...

Thanks Peter. On one level such small reductions does appeal to me, but on another if would take ~270 days to get off.

I have never been stable throughout my taper, or even initially while I was on my highest dose. It seems I metabolise it rapidly and have significant rebound and side effects. Therefore, there is no real "stabilising" to refer to when it comes to determining the pace. I'm inclined to think I might actually be way better when I just off V. But I'm very tired and don't want another run of zero hours sleep. It doesn't seem worth it. Better to be self compassionate. I'm currently cutting ~0.005 every few days. But maybe even reductions daily is a better idea as you say.

Out of curiosity, what kind of meditation do you do?

I studied TM over 20 years ago and use that as the basis of my meditation.

[1b...]

My best to all..

Cant,

I guess that some SX have gone, the ones that were so out of character and unexpected, But in most ways, low dose has been every bit as strong as prescribed or higher doses...

I tried to jump from 0.5V but it hit me real hard a couple of months out, and im fighting for stability at 0.25V... -more healing time needed...

Wanted to add that im sorry you’re getting hit so hard on .25 mg!  Inconceivable.

I only jumped cos i kept forgetting it and wasnt home so much.. when nothing happened, i thought i was clear..

I cant think of any med or suppliment that i would reccomend outside of special circumstance...

I have had mainly physical stuff, but also touches of just about everything.. at about 2V in My taper i was bad for waking in panick/anxiety, and so sensitive to light n sound... Also fatigue and insomnia..

How long did it take for things to go sideways post jump? 

Do you still experience nocturnal attacks?  If no, what helped eliminate them?

I havent had much luck with long holds(5-6 weeks).  What has been your longest hold?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain.....

My best to all..

Cant,

How long did it take for things to go sideways post jump? 

Do you still experience nocturnal attacks?  If no, what helped eliminate them?

I havent had much luck with long holds(5-6 weeks).  What has been your longest hold?

Thanks for letting me pick your brain.....

Its a bit hard to say, there were a few things in the mix, and it wasnt a clean jump.. lets say I should have known at a month or so.. But I DID know at a bit over 2mths...

Longest was about 4mths.. most about 3mths...

I seemed to get a solid wave hit me at about 8-10 weeks, then some of the more constant SX would fade...

I just see holding as another tool for tapering... to be used as needed... But to get stable they can take quite some time for some...  (and get worse before one gets better)..

I think of a long hold, as beyond about 4mths... -6... -12 even...

For some an updose might be another option...

It just depends on people and situation, and of course their choices...

Hope that helps...

I've been going at 0.05mg a day since 4mg and I am down to 2.75mg and feel great. Like really good. Still limited in some areas though but I have even been drinking coffee again, which I wasn't able to for over a year.

I am just going to keep reducing at 0.05mg until I get some signs of withdrawal. Then I will hold and just have to review things from there.

[3c...]

I studied TM over 20 years ago and use that as the basis of my meditation.

Where did you study it? Or did you teach yourself?

-------------

I reinstated and I am back at 2 mg valium. I had thought I was out the door when I touched 0.5 mg valium but it was not to be.

I will consider myself less a man if I don't beat Oscar to the finish.  :laugh:

Maybe it is just my impatience that is making time stretch towards the end.

Hi under 3 mg people! I am not at 3 mg yet, but will be in the near future. I am cutting to 4mg of diazepam tomorrow and I am looking forward to eventually joining this group!

Just wanted your advice... I am not going to do a liquid taper (at least for now). I plan to dry cut .25 of diazepam every 2 weeks, but I realized it will be November when I am off..this seems like forever. Am I going too slow? Can I do this faster without a lot of suffering? My symptoms are mainly agoraphobia, panic and GI issues.

Thank you in advance!

Hey TO,

I cut .5 every 1-2 weeks depending on symptoms until I hit 2mg and then I had to slow it down to .25 every 1-2 weeks, if that helps any. I might recommend staying at .25 a little longer as your last step, I only stayed for a week bc I was getting impatient and I ended up reinstating after 7 days.

Hi under 3 mg people! I am not at 3 mg yet, but will be in the near future. I am cutting to 4mg of diazepam tomorrow and I am looking forward to eventually joining this group!

Just wanted your advice... I am not going to do a liquid taper (at least for now). I plan to dry cut .25 of diazepam every 2 weeks, but I realized it will be November when I am off..this seems like forever. Am I going too slow? Can I do this faster without a lot of suffering? My symptoms are mainly agoraphobia, panic and GI issues.

Thank you in advance!

I had to go heaps slower than that.. But we r all different.. Perhaps ket your SX guide you, if your not sure...

All the best...

I'm a bit stuck at 0.28mg. Currently struggling with slow heart rate and loads of PVCs or missed beats. Already freaked out by it a lot so in a sense I'm holding because I don't want this symptom to get worse.

Unsure if my logic is sensible or if it's even likely that this symptom might resolve when I get to 0

:(

I'm a bit stuck at 0.28mg. Currently struggling with slow heart rate and loads of PVCs or missed beats. Already freaked out by it a lot so in a sense I'm holding because I don't want this symptom to get worse.

Unsure if my logic is sensible or if it's even likely that this symptom might resolve when I get to 0

:(

In my experience it is better to hold.. I tried hitting 0 too fast, and i assure you it was going no where good.. trying to get stable on 0.25v now.. same cut/time as you.. (not counting my time at 0)..

Hang in there..!!

Hi everyone, I'm a new member on the forum. Been on Valium for 6 years. Was on a high a dose as 35mg in one day. Been tapering since December 2016 and now between 2mg and 4mg very few days or so. Plan to go down to 2mg in the next few weeks. I have a lot of the side effects that people on here have been describing. My main ones are anxiety, low mood, mood swings, digestive issues, Tinnitus and dizziness at night. Will be so glad when I'm off for good. Wishing you all the best  :)

Hi everyone, I'm a new member on the forum. Been on Valium for 6 years. Was on a high a dose as 35mg in one day. Been tapering since December 2016 and now between 2mg and 4mg very few days or so. Plan to go down to 2mg in the next few weeks. I have a lot of the side effects that people on here have been describing. My main ones are anxiety, low mood, mood swings, digestive issues, Tinnitus and dizziness at night. Will be so glad when I'm off for good. Wishing you all the best  :)

Hi NoMorePills...

Welcome, and best wishes..!!

:)

Yes, welcome NoMorePills-  Sounds like you are on your way off, but not without consequence.  All the symptoms you listed are typical in withdrawal.

I wish you the best of luck on your last leg of this journey as feel free to ask questions on here any time, there are some amazing people and great support groups!

Rach

I'm currently at 2.3mg and holding after tapering from 7mg. I have pretty much hit a wall of anxiety cause I went from dosing 2x a day down to 1x a day. I've been holding for almost a month and crossed over to all phar supplied liquid V and having weird sxs.

I was hoping to be down around 2mg by now but not going to happen for another 15 days or so.

After reading some posts here it does seem to get harder tapering from 2mg for some reason. I hope and pray I get off this by Oct. 2018.

I'm currently at 2.3mg and holding after tapering from 7mg. I have pretty much hit a wall of anxiety cause I went from dosing 2x a day down to 1x a day. I've been holding for almost a month and crossed over to all phar supplied liquid V and having weird sxs.

I was hoping to be down around 2mg by now but not going to happen for another 15 days or so.

After reading some posts here it does seem to get harder tapering from 2mg for some reason. I hope and pray I get off this by Oct. 2018.

Why October?

OMG OMG OMG. I have been waiting for this day forever. I am finally at 3 mg of Valium

and can now join this thread. Lol. Looking forward to us navigating the “low doses” together.

OMG OMG OMG. I have been waiting for this day forever. I am finally at 3 mg of Valium

and can now join this thread. Lol. Looking forward to us navigating the “low doses” together.

Hi Hope..!!

Trust the year has been good to you...

Hi Hope..!!

Up and down, you know how it goes! Looks like you are nearly there Cantfly  :smitten:

Why October?

Well that's 6 months from now , surely I'll be off...

[glow=red,2,300]"CONGRATS". :thumbsup:[/glow] Welcome, nice when you get to 3mg, best to you on your Journey Off. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi Hope..!!

Up and down, you know how it goes! Looks like you are nearly there Cantfly  :smitten:

not sure about nearly...!!

I will be some months yet... ??

I hope you find things get a bit Clearer the lower you go...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Cw...]
    • [ge...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]
    • [El...]