Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Rhernan,

I also cannot take magnesium.  So wish I could.  I have many supplements I can't use and wonder if I could grind it up, add to boiling water, and try as a spray?? (tho I hear it can sting)

Anyone know?

Even the smallest dose causes loose stools; more totally trashes my gi system... not going that route again...

Rhernan,

I also cannot take magnesium.  So wish I could.  I have many supplements I can't use and wonder if I could grind it up, add to boiling water, and try as a spray?? (tho I hear it can sting)

Anyone know?

Even the smallest dose causes loose stools; more totally trashes my gi system... not going that route again...

BarbaraAve,

Have you tried any of the herb teas?

I find that Passion flower tea is particularly relaxing right before bed.

Stay strong.

ATU🙏

Brain Calm Mag powder is gentle---mixes in water before bed. It's not cheap--most compounding people can do it--I get mine at Dr. Jockers online. Might be worth a try? Another buddie suggested it and I am hooked.

The Calm powder definitely gives me the runs, but the Magnesium Glycinate doesn't for some reason. Actually it does a little bit sometimes but it's worth it to me because it is so helpful for my appetite and anxiety levels.

Makes sense, Olive. You know what's best. I really worry about sleep at end of all this. Is Remeron just another Devil's candy? I fear I will never sleep naturally--that was why I was put on K to begin with--I actually took Robitussin last night out of desperation. It worked but---Ugh! Cannot be good.

Makes sense, Olive. You know what's best. I really worry about sleep at end of all this. Is Remeron just another Devil's candy? I fear I will never sleep naturally--that was why I was put on K to begin with--I actually took Robitussin last night out of desperation. It worked but---Ugh! Cannot be good.

Blue pill,

I take a variety of sleep aids to help with sleep.

Melatonin, Sleep8( a combination of herbs with 5 mcg of melatonin), Bach’s rescue night, MidNite and just recently once every two weeks 12.5-25 mg of Trazodone. Oh, and just plain exercise.

I’m sure once this is all over we will sleep naturally once again

Don’t loose heart, all will be fine. :thumbsup:

ATU🙏🎅🏻

I also have had a lot of success with magnesium. If your tummy cannot tolerate it I would suggest the magnesium oil spray--it does burn, but if you can stand it for 20 minutes, I find that it really helps with sleep at night. then just rinse it off. I also use remag (Dr. Dean's product), which does not have a laxative effect for me. The magnesium clam powder does. Epsom salt baths can also be beneficial to get magnesium levels up.

I can't take magnesium, it sends me into high anxiety with akathisia.  I'm amazed that so many people get good results from it.  We're all different, though, so have to go with what our bodies tell us.  I'm afraid to take any supplement at all.  B-complex also revved me up waaaay too much, so I stopped that.  I don't even take a multi-vitamin.  I'm also scared to try fish-oil since other things have made symptoms worse.

ATU, NJ, Garden; thanks all. I will try the mag spray. I do  OK with supplements and have been taking the magnesium powder without any trouble but it doesn’t really send me to sleep the way I would like. The doctor gave me some Doxy to try but I am a little concerned about another drug.I did try trazodone for about a week but I would wake up with my sinuses and throat so dry I felt like I’d been traipsing through the desert for weeks without water. Maybe that’s a temporary side effect that would’ve gone away but it was kind of a dealbreaker. I guess I’ll try natural or meditation but everything really falls apart when there’s no Sleep happening. Sometimes Unisom helps and sometimes a Benadryl. Who knows? Anyway, thanks for the advice. I hope everybody is doing well today

ATU, NJ, Garden; thanks all. I will try the mag spray. I do  OK with supplements and have been taking the magnesium powder without any trouble but it doesn’t really send me to sleep the way I would like. The doctor gave me some Doxy to try but I am a little concerned about another drug.I did try trazodone for about a week but I would wake up with my sinuses and throat so dry I felt like I’d been traipsing through the desert for weeks without water. Maybe that’s a temporary side effect that would’ve gone away but it was kind of a dealbreaker. I guess I’ll try natural or meditation but everything really falls apart when there’s no Sleep happening. Sometimes Unisom helps and sometimes a Benadryl. Who knows? Anyway, thanks for the advice. I hope everybody is doing well today

Bluepill,

Hang in there. Use what works and rotate them around so your system does not get used to any of them.

Also, sometimes our outlook about sleep, especially dread that it will not come actually keeps it from coming. Try to follow a regular routine about sleep and don’t fret if it doesn’t come. If you can keep a positive attitude towards sleep, eventually it will happen. Our minds are so powerful, more so than we can imagine.

Peace & Healing

Merry Chritmas & Seasons greetings

ATU🙏

Thanks, ATU--Appreciate it. Sadly part of my job depends on looking good (at least not bad) so no sleep is another recipe for disaster. No amount of concealer can cover these circles. Oh well, screw them if I lose contract. Maybe I can hashtag.  :laugh: Thanks again. Hope X-mas eve is a good one buddies...

I am not a member of your group yet but I am hoping you can answer a question. I am resuming a taper after a 2 and a 1/2 month hold and will be restarting at 5MG of valium. I've been reducing approx.7 to 8% per month with minimal problems. I never pushed it higher due to a bad experience at beginning of taper..the recent hold was related to hormone imbalance, not taper symptoms.Other holds were precautionary due to stress and work.. If I continue with those percentages,  it will take 3 to 4 months per mg. My question is at 5mg, is it conservative to reduce 1 mg in about 65 days. Even at that, the percentage will be close to 9. I know it's symptom based, but what is a reasonable plan? I'm doing a dlmt.

Thanks for any feedback.

I am not a member of your group yet but I am hoping you can answer a question. I am resuming a taper after a 2 and a 1/2 month hold and will be restarting at 5MG of valium. I've been reducing approx.7 to 8% per month with minimal problems. I never pushed it higher due to a bad experience at beginning of taper..the recent hold was related to hormone imbalance, not taper symptoms.Other holds were precautionary due to stress and work.. If I continue with those percentages,  it will take 3 to 4 months per mg. My question is at 5mg, is it conservative to reduce 1 mg in about 65 days. Even at that, the percentage will be close to 9. I know it's symptom based, but what is a reasonable plan? I'm doing a dlmt.

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Magnolis. You know I’m very cautious with my taper and I have found I can reduce 1mg in 50 days. I started at .01mg per day and worked up to .02 per day using a symptom based taper. If that becomes too much down the road, I will lower it again. If you listen to your body and taper based on symptoms you should be fine.  My personal opinion is that 1mg every 65 days is a conservative taper rate. If you feel sxs too strongly, you can always reduce slower. Hope it goes well for you!  :thumbsup:

Valley was the one who taught me how to DLMT and I will be forever grateful!!!  I have continued to reduce by .03 mg per day since I started the liquid method when I was at 2.5 mg of valium.  I have kept going the entire way despite some rough patches and am now down to .5 mg.  Lord willing, I'll jump on Jan 16. 

Thank you, Valley Um!!!!  I would not be where I am without your patient instruction!!! 

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi Magnolis. You know I’m very cautious with my taper and I have found I can reduce 1mg in 50 days. I started at .01mg per day and worked up to .02 per day using a symptom based taper. If that becomes too much down the road, I will lower it again. If you listen to your body and taper based on symptoms you should be fine.  My personal opinion is that 1mg every 65 days is a conservative taper rate. If you feel sxs too strongly, you can always reduce slower. Hope it goes well for you!  :thumbsup:

I also reduced about .5mg per month over the last 4-6 months of my taper. At some point, percentage based reductions have to be ignored or we'd never finish the taper. This isn't easy, but you can definitely do it!

Best,

Ed

[2c...]

i am much relieved to be touching 7.5 mg librium (3 mg diazepam) tomorrow. at one point, earlier this year, i had thought that it was so excruciating difficult to taper that reaching today was not possible.

tomorrow i would be close to where the initiator of this thread, oscar, was when he left BB for a long hold, i.e at 7.25 mg as per oscar's signature. i have a feeling that before i touch 7.25 mg librium, oscar will return. this means he should return in the next few weeks!

[3d...]

i am much relieved to be touching 7.5 mg librium (3 mg diazepam) tomorrow. at one point, earlier this year, i had thought that it was so excruciating difficult to taper that reaching today was not possible.

tomorrow i would be close to where the initiator of this thread, oscar, was when he left BB for a long hold, i.e at 7.25 mg as per oscar's signature. i have a feeling that before i touch 7.25 mg librium, oscar will return. this means he should return in the next few weeks!

Congrats, V – this is indeed a great milestone!

[2c...]

o hi leslie! i thought you were upset with me and wouldn't talk, ha ha! really, man can sit in a chair and an eternity can lape in his head when in reality nothing happened!

yes, i'm proud of this accomplishment (7.5 mg librium). but i do not know if i can take the credit for it, LOL. among other things, the taper was too easy.  i think god and the love of people who cared, like you, take more credit for it!

Valley was the one who taught me how to DLMT and I will be forever grateful!!!  I have continued to reduce by .03 mg per day since I started the liquid method when I was at 2.5 mg of valium.  I have kept going the entire way despite some rough patches and am now down to .5 mg.  Lord willing, I'll jump on Jan 16. 

Thank you, Valley Um!!!!  I would not be where I am without your patient instruction!!!

Thanks gardenlady and congratulations on your progress! :thumbsup:

[3d...]

o hi leslie! i thought you were upset with me and wouldn't talk, ha ha! really, man can sit in a chair and an eternity can lape in his head when in reality nothing happened!

yes, i'm proud of this accomplishment (7.5 mg librium). but i do not know if i can take the credit for it, LOL. among other things, the taper was too easy.  i think god and the love of people who cared, like you, take more credit for it!

No worries, V – I don’t stop talking to people. :)

Just saw this reply now, and you should be proud – hope you can keep going!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I am at 1.25 mg's and feel sooooo sick!  So much for healing or this getting easier as I got lower.  Well I guess getting to 1.25 is something!  Starting my next taper tonight...🤞

Love reading how everyone else is doing, gives me hope!

• 2 weeks later...
I am just under 0.7 mg V and micro-tapering very slowly. At my current rate I will be at 0.5 mg on April 6th. I plan to jump at 0.5 mg per Ashton's recommendation. It is going pretty well with some tough periods every two or three days. I see a lot of people who jump at 0.5 mg and would to hear how it went. I want to do it but ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Cw...]
    • [ge...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]
    • [El...]
    • [Gr...]