Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Body pressure

[Af...]

AfraidofNight, you describe very close how I have been feeling periodically with the chest/back pain.  I am wondering, I have problems with blood pressure regulation and am also on metoprolol and lisinopril.  I noticed this evening that 1/2 hour after the metoprolol er is when the chest/back pain cranked up.  I have been trying to taper off of it down to 1/4 pill every twelve hours but then my bp went up slightly so I went back to 1/3 pill every twelve hours that's when the chest/back pain started up again.  Just wondering about the interaction of the bp pharmacueticals and the muscles/nerves.  The lisinopril was giving me heart palps a few months ago about 2 hours after taking it and I settled on taking 2/3 of it.  I also have trouble breathing occasionally and it is soooo hard to meditate, who can when a hot icepick is in your chest?

By the way I have head pressure and body pressure at times to.  Just really sick of it after being off for so long.  There has got to be an end in sight.

Sweet pea

I have it also. It seems to get worse with sugar, stress, or negative thinking. When I'm calm its not here but is very unpredictable. I hate it too and I hope it goes away soon!

• 3 weeks later...

AfraidofNight, you describe very close how I have been feeling periodically with the chest/back pain.  I am wondering, I have problems with blood pressure regulation and am also on metoprolol and lisinopril.  I noticed this evening that 1/2 hour after the metoprolol er is when the chest/back pain cranked up.  I have been trying to taper off of it down to 1/4 pill every twelve hours but then my bp went up slightly so I went back to 1/3 pill every twelve hours that's when the chest/back pain started up again.  Just wondering about the interaction of the bp pharmacueticals and the muscles/nerves.  The lisinopril was giving me heart palps a few months ago about 2 hours after taking it and I settled on taking 2/3 of it.  I also have trouble breathing occasionally and it is soooo hard to meditate, who can when a hot icepick is in your chest?

By the way I have head pressure and body pressure at times to.  Just really sick of it after being off for so long.  There has got to be an end in sight.

Sweet pea

I sympathize with you Sweet Pea. In the beginning when I was going through interdose withdrawl almost immediately after my last dose of Klonopin my BP would spike and my heart rate. My anxiety would go through the roof as well. The muscle and nerve pain is most certainly Klonopin withdrawl. I reinstated back on Klonopin although my therapist wants me off of it. Mentally i don't feel like I'm in the right place mentally for it. I'm left with the chest pain/pressure and trouble breathing. I fear heart disease but I've had over 100,000 dollars worth of tests. They tell me it's my anxiety but it's constant. I too find it hard to meditate because im so sensitive to the fact I'm not breathing normally it's scary. My BP and heart rate has got better over time

• 3 weeks later...
I also have increased pressure in my head,neck and stomach. It is so uncomfortable but I believe its the bodys reaction or "looking" for the drug.Everything seems out of whack when going through dose reduction or stoppage. I have been suffering from this pressure for 4 years and have had every imaging test performed all with negative results. I wish you the best!!! And I hope some comfort comes your way :)