Starting taper soon--trying to understand and plan ahead

[sw...]

I'm about to start tapering in a couple of months after the rest of my dental work is complete.  I've moved and settled in and this is the last step before I'm financially stable (and orally healthy!) enough in case I need time off work to complete this.  Here are my questions:

I currently take 15mg of Valium (10mg morning / 5mg night).  I want to eliminate the nightly dose first.  If I place a 10mg tablet in 100ml of milk, I'd subtract 2ml every night in order to rid the nightly dose within 50 days? 

Ingestion--

Night 1:  98ml

Night 2:  96ml

Night 3:  94ml

etc.

Or instead of wasting half a pill every night, I could split the 100ml solution into two 50ml solutions from one pill and subtract by 1ml per night?

Ingestion--

Night 1:  49ml

Night 2:  48ml

Night 3:  47ml

etc.

That would be Phase 1.

Phase 2 will likely be subject to change depending on how Phase 1 goes, but am I getting this right?  Also, how do I figure out my actual dosage using the mg per ml conversion?  I'm a linguist, not a mathematician!

Thanks a lot for any help or advice... I hope everyone is having a decent night under their circumstances.

If you are on 15mg V and dose twice a day, what I would do is liquify the smallest pill you have and keep the other(s) dry.  Then split everything down the middle.

For example, say you have three 5mg pills.  Liquify just one in 50ml milk (be sure to use whole milk).  Each ml contains .1mg V.  Split the liquid into two 2.5mg (25ml) doses.  Your two doses each become 5mg dry + 2.5mg (25ml) wet.

Do this for a while to adjust, then when ready to begin cutting, prior to splitting the liquid in half remove .04mg (.4ml) per day.  Try this for at least two weeks to see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply SG,

I have 10mg tablets.  I take a whole one in the morning and I've been splitting  one of those for my 5mg evening dose for about 2 months now.  These pills don't split very well even with a pill cutter.  I'm assuming I could put a 10mg tablet in 100ml milk (this still achieves a .1mg/.1ml ratio?) and withdraw at a rate of .04mg/.4ml per day?

If I start off doing my evening 5mg dose like this I'd have two solutions of 50ml of milk containing 4.96mg of valium each?  That leaves me withdrawing at .4ml every other day rather than daily I think.

I guess my question is how do I go about putting a 10mg pill in milk to sucessfully withdraw my 5mg evening dose without taking the same dose two nights in a row?  i.e.,

Night 1:  4.96mg

Night 2:  4.92mg

Night 3:  4.88mg

etc.

Thanks again, this just isn't my strong suit and I'm duly appreciative!

With 10mg pills and a 15mg dose what I would probably do is liquify everything.  I'd drop three 10mg pills (30mg) into 300ml milk (be sure it is full fat whole milk) and split it in half for a two-day supply.  Then take one of the 150ml, take out the .4ml (.04mg) cut, and divide what's left in half again for your two doses.  This way the cut for the day is first removed then you just split what is left.

Thanks a ton SG, it finally clicked for me... just even out the doses!  I think I'm going to go ahead and get some oral syringes and other materials to start getting used to the liquid (and the method of making a solution) to at least make my evening 5mg dose more accurate than my pill cutter. 

I appreciate your time!