Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Right now, I'm not using a solvent. Instead, I'm making a suspension with room temperature water and a vigorous shake before I draw up the amount to toss and again when I divide into the two doses. I know that's a controversial topic here. I will probably use a solvent to create a solution once my dose gets lower.

Why wait?  Why not do it right from the beginning?

And I really don't want to discourage you, but your really aren't making a suspension.  What your doing is putting your tablet in water, and hoping random "luck of the draw" will work in your favor.

Water does not have enough viscosity to suspend the particles.

Hey builder

Could you please check out my post on the tapering board please and see if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am stuck and not sure what to do.

Thanks so much ..I will check back later.. You have helped me before with my dry taper and with the brand change i have a few questions and i am terrible with the math.

deepcanyon

Hey guys and gals, dealing with a nasty sinus infection. Has anyone had trouble taking amoxicillin? My anxiety/panic is spiking and just wondering if it could be the culprit.

Hey guys and gals, dealing with a nasty sinus infection. Has anyone had trouble taking amoxicillin? My anxiety/panic is spiking and just wondering if it could be the culprit.

Hey Goya, go to the home page to search and just typed in amoxicillin and you will see people's posts on it ;). That way you don't have to wait  .  Mary ❤️

Hey Goya, go to the home page to search and just typed in amoxicillin and you will see people's posts on it ;). That way you don't have to wait  .  Mary ❤️

I always knew you were brilliant, Mary! ;D

:laugh: gardie until you said that, I thought you were brilliant  :laugh: :laugh:  luv ya 💜💜

Wow, I can't believe such a vanilla antibiotic has such adverse reactions to those in w/d. This has me so peeved. Getting an antibiotic these days is like getting an opiate. I asked for a Z pack which I've done fine with in the past and the dr purposely wrote the prescription for this crap.

I'm so tired of not feeling like everyone else. *sigh*

Wow, I can't believe such a vanilla antibiotic has such adverse reactions to those in w/d. This has me so peeved. Getting an antibiotic these days is like getting an opiate. I asked for a Z pack which I've done fine with in the past and the dr purposely wrote the prescription for this crap.

I'm sorry Goya, you are like most of us and we are here to help you if we can Mary ❤️

I'm not trying to scare anyone but please do your research if a dr gives you a prescription for ANYTHING

Here is a paper I found on antibiotics and seizures

https://biomedres.us/pdfs/BJSTR.MS.ID.001032.pdf

Under the 'Penicillins', you can clearly see they affect GABA

I knew something was wrong today after having took five 500 mg amoxicillin pills spread out over 1.5 days. My anxiety was through the roof and like another person on here once wrote, it was like I was standing in a puddle of water with my finger in an electrical socket.

I hope this didn't do any permanent damage but according to Wikipedia, amoxicillins half-life is 61.3 minutes, so hopefully most of that crap is out of me now.

I'm so angry because I had already been dealing with tolerence withdrawal and I specifically asked for a Z pack which is not a Beta-lactam class of drug. I had no idea antibiotics caused any of this but Z packs are super easy to use and I've been fine on them in the past.

I'm sorry Goya, you are like most of us and we are here to help you if we can Mary ❤️

Thanks Mary!

Do you think my baseline benzo symptoms will return once the antibiotic gets out of my system? I read some really bad stories of people going back into w/d whatever that means???

Is that like when people jump and have alcohol too soon?

Thanks Mary!

Do you think my baseline benzo symptoms will return once the antibiotic gets out of my system? I read some really bad stories of people going back into w/d whatever that means???

Is that like when people jump and have alcohol too soon?

Everyone is just different, you may go right back to baseline, you could have more trouble, there is no way of knowing until it happens, but right now we are going to believe you are going to have an easy to of it ;). Wishing you luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀. Just a tip.  Almost all drugs are somewhere under that search section, you can always go there before filling a prescription, keep you from wasting money and can find out how people have reacted to it.  💚💙

:laugh: gardie until you said that, I thought you were brilliant  :laugh: :laugh:  luv ya 💜💜

:2funny:

Hi everyone. I’m currently doing well on my DLMT but I need some help. I lost a link I thought I bookmarked and can’t find it. Can anyone post a link to the page where you put in your benzo, starting amount, taper rate, and it spits out an excel sheet. I need to think ahead on my taper for future traveling and want to look way ahead without crunching the numbers myself. Thanks to anyone who knows what I’m talking about.  :)

Annie

Thanks for weighing in. I realize I'm not as exact as I could be with a solvent, but I don't want to use alcohol or PG and want to be able to carry it with me to dose outside of my home. Do you have any suggestions for what I could use as a solvent that doesn't need to be refrigerated?

I'm curious to hear your point of view with dry cutting. Since the drug isn't evenly distributed in the pill, wouldn't that cause the same problem with not knowing how much of the drug you're actually getting?

Suzie

The only solvents that are demonstratably capable of dissolving most benzos are PG and alcohol (and neither require refrigeration)  You can google solubility for specific benzos, and you might find other possible solvents.

Dry cutting/scale cutting is definitely not as consistent or reliable as liquid, but it seems to work.  The reason is even though the drug isn't uniforlmly distributed in a tablet, it is at least randomly distributed.

Now I have no definiitive evidence of what happens when the benzo is dropped in water, but since it does NOT dissolve, and water can't suspend it, it probably either floats to the top, or sinks to the bottom.  So depending on how you extract the liquid, you might get none at all, or you might get the entire concentration in one pull, and be left with no benzo at all in the remainder. 

And just fyi, based on my experience with (3) failed "water tapers", that's probably what happened.  After about 5-6 days, I felt like I had done a CT.

And I really don't mean to sound judgemental, but I will never understand why folks who want to get off of benzos are unwilling to follow one of the simple protocols that we know works.

Hi, Heathcliff here

I just want to put my two cents in here.  ;D Bravo Builder. I agree 1000%.

Diluting liquid diazapam with water in a 10:1 solution is so easy to prepare a child coulddo it. Builder is the person who explained the entire procedure to me. I have been on a 10:1 solution from almosttgebeginning of my taper... so easy to make exact measurements with a ten ml oral syringe and a 1 ml oral syringe. So easy to make microscopic dose reductions. I just don’t understand why anyone would try to squash and dilute pills when it is so unstable and you never know how much diazapam you are actually getting.  :crazy:

Im for liquid dilution all the way! Smooth sailing all the way down ot .001 if you want! (But that’s a bit nuts I think! )

Heathcliff  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OH..AND... IMPORTANT....

DIAZAPAM, DILUTED WITH WATER IS 100% evenly diluted. Does not need refrigeration, will last in the diluted form for at least 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ( Ive done that and it is fine!) .

I’ve taken the diluted solution on airplanes in my carry on bag and also in my checked baggage. And also on a cruise...noproblem!

Only thing to Remember is to keep the amount you carry in checked baggage (or in your purse around town,) is not more than 3oz because of laws in the USA. Also keep it in n a bottle with the original prescription from the liquid diazapam that you got from the pharmacist.

Of course you will have to get a prescription from your doctor for liquid diazapam.1ml:1mg Roxanne brand liquid is what I use. It is readily available in the USA.

And someone on the forum will be able to help you with knowing how to make the solution.

I can do that, but I’m not too good about explaining it. I sure there is someone who can tell you how. Builder and Zvalleyum and Bella helped me. I am foreveri indebted to them.

I hope this helps, Heath

Good luck and peace be with you!

Thanks Builder and Healthcliff for your advice and support. I have been home the last couple of days for dosing and have used almond milk. I see a huge difference. Healthcliff, those are good tips to keep in mind. I don't have liquid clonazepam, but will ask my dr at my next appointment. Need to remember to keep the actual prescription in my purse.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say be careful with antibiotics. I had a separate post here...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=220823.0

And others are chiming in with similar stories with amoxicillin.

It was overcast today and I had some odd light sensitivity. I also noticed elevated levels of anxiety and just getting mad for the smallest thing.

It's hard having no one to talk to about suffering from benzo's. I hardly see my psychiatrist because she is SOOO expensive and like most doctors these days, very spooked by benzo's. The only taper she really believes in is cutting small pills, sort of a cut and hold approach. I'd imagine mentioning antibiotics and what they did would be the fast track to this type of taper.

My mom is my safe person. She understands the basics, like if I just went c/t I'd probably be in the hospital but it's hard when there is no way to explain what this feels like and why we sometimes act like we do.

Trying to take it day-to-day now...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, 14 days is all the alcohol solution is supposed to last?  I have been using mine for longer than that I think...I guess I'll make up a new batch tonight. 

Also, to update on my microtaper, it is going pretty smoothly now.  I had a nasty cold with a fever last week and I felt pretty awful, but as I am beginning to feel better, I am not really noticing much with withdrawal right now.  Last night I took .027mg, so that is a pretty small amount.  I'm almost done now.  .025mg of k, is equivalent to half a mg of valium.  I'm almost DONE!!!

Does anyone feel alcohol in their system from dlmt with alcohol? I don’t want to smell, taste, nor ingest alcohol. Does It like evaporate before one ingests there dose?

If one uses milk, can you travel with it out of the house etc?

Thanks I’m holding right now, but can’t dry cut these darn solco k pin pills, scared of scales, didn’t take too well to compounded liquid last time so unsure what to do. Need simplicity, but I’m on mega high dose=4mg clonazapam per day. Thoughts suggestions. Someone to guid me when I’m ready? Thanks smart people, Scaredie

If you switched to all liquid at your current 4mg dose, the max amount of alcohol you would ever consume (only 1 time!) would be 3.2ml, or .1 oz.  And since your dose will decline each day, that amount goes down each day.

And if did 2mg tablet + the rest in liquid, then the max would only be 1.6ml, or .05 oz.

No one could possibly "feel" those amounts.

Do you not use a mouthwash?  You get lots more alcohol from your mouthwash than that.

Or you can use PG.

Oh, 14 days is all the alcohol solution is supposed to last?  I have been using mine for longer than that I think...I guess I'll make up a new batch tonight. 

Also, to update on my microtaper, it is going pretty smoothly now.  I had a nasty cold with a fever last week and I felt pretty awful, but as I am beginning to feel better, I am not really noticing much with withdrawal right now.  Last night I took .027mg, so that is a pretty small amount.  I'm almost done now.  .025mg of k, is equivalent to half a mg of valium.  I'm almost DONE!!!

Does anyone feel alcohol in their system from dlmt with alcohol? I don’t want to smell, taste, nor ingest alcohol. Does It like evaporate before one ingests there dose?

Thanks I’m holding right now, but can’t dry cut these darn solco k pin pills, scared of scales, didn’t take too well to compounded liquid last time so unsure what to do. Need simplicity, but I’m on mega high dose=4mg clonazapam per day. Thoughts suggestions. Someone to guid me when I’m ready? Thanks smart people, Scaredie

Hey Scardie, just curious...what's solco? I've been pumping klonopin through my system for over 25 yrs now, but I'm not familiar with solco. I've been tapering almost 4 yrs with a long haul left. I think you'll like the simplicity of a liquid microtaper. I've been a mess and brain-fogged for so long...I needed simplicity too!!

Good luck :)

Jeff

If you switched to all liquid at your current 4mg dose, the max amount of alcohol you would ever consume (only 1 time!) would be 3.2ml, or .1 oz.  And since your dose will decline each day, that amount goes down each day.

And if did 2mg tablet + the rest in liquid, then the max would only be 1.6ml, or .05 oz.

Do you not use a mouthwash?  You get lots more alcohol from your mouthwash than that.

Or you can use PG.

I’m currently holding, but that is very helpful. I will be using .5mg Klonopin tablets. That’s good that one wouldn’t feel those amounts, but cumulatively wouldn’t it still be putting alcohol into ones system? Say if they were allergic to it? TY, S -

Or you can use PG.

I’m currently holding, but that is very helpful. I will be using .5mg Klonopin tablets. That’s good that one wouldn’t feel those amounts, but cumulatively wouldn’t it still be putting alcohol into ones system? Say if they were allergic to it? TY, S -

Unlike benzos, alcohol does NOT accumulate in the body.  The normal human body metabolizes about .5 ozs of alcohol in an hour.

So if you did the 'one time max dose"  of  3.2ml (.1 oz), it would be gone in less than 10 minutes.

Or you can use PG.

Unlike benzos, alcohol does NOT accumulate in the body.  The normal human body metabolizes about .5 ozs of alcohol in an hour.

So if you did the 'one time max dose"  of  3.2ml (.1 oz), it would be gone in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks builder. This is sounding better & better, as long as I tolerate switching to liquid when my time comes. Aren’t you supposed to do like a week of liquid, without tapering, just dissolving tablets to see if one can tolerate liquid before totally jumping into a long term liquid taper plan? Thanks again

Hey Scardie, just curious...what's solco? I've been pumping klonopin through my system for over 25 yrs now, but I'm not familiar with solco. I've been tapering almost 4 yrs with a long haul left. I think you'll like the simplicity of a liquid microtaper. I've been a mess and brain-fogged for so long...I needed simplicity too!!

Good luck :)

Jeff

Solco is the generic clonazapam that I believe was originally made by qualitest, but is no made by solco. I had to crossover to it when teva was discontinued. Best wishes

Or you can use PG.

Thanks builder. This is sounding better & better, as long as I tolerate switching to liquid when my time comes. Aren’t you supposed to do like a week of liquid, without tapering, just dissolving tablets to see if one can tolerate liquid before totally jumping into a long term liquid taper plan? Thanks again

Builder, have we been corresponding between two different threads or support groups? If so could you please direct me to the other group we’re we had our last interactions? I can’t find it & im trying to keep track of what we’ve been over. Thank you

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [En...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ti...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Tu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Da...]