Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi All

I haven't been around for a long time as hubby's health hasn't been good at the moment he is waiting to have a stent in his heart so the stress is a little high. I am holding at 3.5mg, furious with myself really. I micro tapered to 3 mg then with all the stress accidentally went back to 3.5, but feeling so stressed I am wondering if I have reached a tolerance where I feel like I should start to Dmt again. The anxiety is awful feels like I can't get a deep enough breath. Anyway just thought I would try back here for a bit of support, no one understands what it's like to go through this, I have lost all my friends over these stupid medications, so feeling a bit low.

Gardener great to see you doing so well, and hopefully I will get to know others in time.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

I'm so sorry your husband is unwell, that would up the anxiety level so anyone.  If you do try tapering, go very slow, I can't really say if it's a good idea or not.  How long have you been holding at the 3.5.  Thinking of you, Mary 💙💚❤️💜

Hi Mary

I have been holding at 3.5 since early 2016 holy hell didn't realise it was that long, I was also on amitriptyline which I decided I wanted off so went with that first, it been a horrible ordeal, I have been off the ami for just over a year now it caused horrible sx buzzy/vibrating brain which is only just lately starting to subside a little, but now I am wondering if I have hit tolerance and the only way out is down. The anxiety is terrible but also feel like I can't catch a breath which I know is anxiety, plus the aching neck etc that goes with it. It has been this way for a few weeks. I thought it may have settled after I took bromelain for a couple of weeks which had the opposite effect and sucked the v out of my system. Now it makes me wonder.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Hi All

I haven't been around for a long time as hubby's health hasn't been good at the moment he is waiting to have a stent in his heart so the stress is a little high. I am holding at 3.5mg, furious with myself really. I micro tapered to 3 mg then with all the stress accidentally went back to 3.5, but feeling so stressed I am wondering if I have reached a tolerance where I feel like I should start to Dmt again. The anxiety is awful feels like I can't get a deep enough breath. Anyway just thought I would try back here for a bit of support, no one understands what it's like to go through this, I have lost all my friends over these stupid medications, so feeling a bit low.

Gardener great to see you doing so well, and hopefully I will get to know others in time.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

I'm so sorry your husband is unwell, that would up the anxiety level so anyone.  If you do try tapering, go very slow, I can't really say if it's a good idea or not.  How long have you been holding at the 3.5.  Thinking of you, Mary 💙💚❤️💜

Hi Mary

I have been holding at 3.5 since early 2016 holy hell didn't realise it was that long, I was also on amitriptyline which I decided I wanted off so went with that first, it been a horrible ordeal, I have been off the ami for just over a year now it caused horrible sx buzzy/vibrating brain which is only just lately starting to subside a little, but now I am wondering if I have hit tolerance and the only way out is down. The anxiety is terrible but also feel like I can't catch a breath which I know is anxiety, plus the aching neck etc that goes with it. It has been this way for a few weeks. I thought it may have settled after I took bromelain for a couple of weeks which had the opposite effect and sucked the v out of my system. Now it makes me wonder.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Have you considered dlmt.  You have held a long time and been off the ami awhile too.  No expert here, but I might try a very slow dlmt.  We want you to be as stable as you can be with your husband going through his health problems but that is a long hold that hasn't helped and a dlmt would give you good control.  Just a suggestion.  Good wishes for you and your husband, love Mary 🙏💜☮️🙏💜☮️

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have been tapering my Ativan pill weighs 0.60 it is a 0.5 mg pill by weight I was reducing 0.01 every 3 days and then when I reach weight of 42 it started getting bad . I bought a lab grade scale to make smaller cuts so I started at  0.41.9 then the next day 0.41.8 and I am down to 0.39.9 but symptoms are bad . No sleep and anxious . Wired but tired .

Any suggestions ? Thank you Lisa

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have been tapering my Ativan pill weighs 0.60 it is a 0.5 mg pill by weight I was reducing 0.01 every 3 days and then when I reach weight of 42 it started getting bad . I bought a lab grade scale to make smaller cuts so I started at  0.41.9 then the next day 0.41.8 and I am down to 0.39.9 but symptoms are bad . No sleep and anxious . Wired but tired .

Tech are you exercising as much as your body can handle? I find if I walk daily about a mile or so my sleep is better and I’m not as anxious. If I do anything too strenuous I’m more wired.  I also had to cut out all sugar and caffeine :( if I have any I have badvsymptoms for days.

Hi tech. I’m looking at your dates and cuts. What percent of your dose are you cutting in a period of about 14 days? Is it around 5-10% I’m afraid if it goes over that, you’re going to feel it too much.

Wait. Scratch that. I see you slowed down. Is there someone here cutting Ativan at a similar rate? I have a feeling I’m out of my league when it comes to the shorter acting benzos.

Annie

Hi mountain- it’s good to see you. I take the moderate approach with exercise now. Just walking. It does help!

[31...]

Going well here! It’s been just over a month since I began my DLMT. I’m 100 frickin per cent better!

.375 February 14

.32 March 14

Symptoms dramatically improving!

💕🎈💕

Hi tech. I’m looking at your dates and cuts. What percent of your dose are you cutting in a period of about 14 days? Is it around 5-10% I’m afraid if it goes over that, you’re going to feel it too much.

Wait. Scratch that. I see you slowed down. Is there someone here cutting Ativan at a similar rate? I have a feeling I’m out of my league when it comes to the shorter acting benzos.

Annie

Hi mountain- it’s good to see you. I take the moderate approach with exercise now. Just walking. It does help!

Good to see you too Rabbit and glad the exercise is going well and you’re hanging in there!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to BB and this thread seems like the most logical place to post my question, so I hope I'm in the right spot! I started liquid titration about two months ago and I have some anxiety about the logistics of dosing when I'm away from home. So much so that I often don't leave the house - which I know is not helping my symptoms. Anyway, what do you do if you want to go to a sporting event or concert with bag checks and you need to carry your liquid into the venue? How do you get around it? I'm sure I am overthinking this, but that's my benzo brain talking. I appreciate any advice and hope I can help others on this thread!

Going well here! It’s been just over a month since I began my DLMT. I’m 100 frickin per cent better!

.375 February 14

.32 March 14

💕🎈💕

That is fabulous news NMsafe.  .  I know I have done much better on dlmt 💙💚❤️💜💕

Hi everyone,

I'm new to BB and this thread seems like the most logical place to post my question, so I hope I'm in the right spot! I started liquid titration about two months ago and I have some anxiety about the logistics of dosing when I'm away from home. So much so that I often don't leave the house - which I know is not helping my symptoms. Anyway, what do you do if you want to go to a sporting event or concert with bag checks and you need to carry your liquid into the venue? How do you get around it? I'm sure I am overthinking this, but that's my benzo brain talking. I appreciate any advice and hope I can help others on this thread!

a note printed on your dr's letterhead from your dr signed and dated MIGHT work. big maybe. otherwise just take dose before and after the event and don't carry inside. also, just a caution, while in recovery once, i was out with 2 other recovering people in an ihop pancake house. some kids dropped a hit of acid in the tea bucket sitting on the counter by the restrooms while we weren't looking...maybe before we sat down , i'll never know. but it was something i'll never forget, 2 years clean and sober, trying so hard not to trip while tripping, while my friend's mother gave us milk and tried to talk us down for the ensuing 6 or so hours. i'm telling you this so you'll be aware of the possibility of someone adding something to your drink while in public. it happened to us in ihop on a regular day. concerts are sketchy so if you can bring your own or keep an eye on your drink at all times and keep it capped if a bottle or lid screwed down if a waterbottle/sports bottle type container.  i don't think you're overthinking, in fact i don't think there's a thing in MY OPINION when it comes to our safety and medication and conditions affecting those things. keep on the right track you're doing great! :thumbsup:

anyone switched to pill form  from liquid,  and what were the reasons

thank you... :angel:

Hi Bonty,

I haven't, but I know some people just don't tolerate the liquid and go back to pill form.

.375 February 14

.32 March 14

💕🎈💕

Reading this made my day!!!!! Sandia, you rock!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

[31...]

.375 February 14

.32 March 14

💕🎈💕

Reading this made my day!!!!! Sandia, you rock!!  :smitten::thumbsup:

Lol no you do!!

Hi everyone,

I used the method shown in my signature so I could make pills to carry on trips.

Hi everyone,

I used the method shown in my signature so I could make pills to carry on trips.

Susie I’m about 7 days into my dry taper using Bob’s method and it’s going really well.

Hi All

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Hi Mary

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Have you considered dlmt.  You have held a long time and been off the ami awhile too.  No expert here, but I might try a very slow dlmt.  We want you to be as stable as you can be with your husband going through his health problems but that is a long hold that hasn't helped and a dlmt would give you good control.  Just a suggestion.  Good wishes for you and your husband, love Mary 🙏💜☮️🙏💜☮️

Thanks Mary

Yeah I sort of came to the same conclusion, DLMT is what I have done for the ami and also coming down from 30mg of v to 3.5mg. It has worked well in both instances so time to do it again I think. I must admit I'm an old hand at making my own liquid as where I live they won't give me a liquid form of v. I think maybe I just needed a nudge 😂. Will make up a chart and do slowly maybe take 100 days to go down to 3mg thus chopping out 0.5mg. Thanks for the encouragement🙏🏻Xx

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Hi All

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Hi Mary

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Thanks Mary

Yeah I sort of came to the same conclusion, DLMT is what I have done for the ami and also coming down from 30mg of v to 3.5mg. It has worked well in both instances so time to do it again I think. I must admit I'm an old hand at making my own liquid as where I live they won't give me a liquid form of v. I think maybe I just needed a nudge 😂. Will make up a chart and do slowly maybe take 100 days to go down to 3mg thus chopping out 0.5mg. Thanks for the encouragement🙏🏻Xx

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Sounds like a good plan, will be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts .  Love Mary, 🙏💙❤️

Hi everyone,

a note printed on your dr's letterhead from your dr signed and dated MIGHT work. big maybe. otherwise just take dose before and after the event and don't carry inside. also, just a caution, while in recovery once, i was out with 2 other recovering people in an ihop pancake house. some kids dropped a hit of acid in the tea bucket sitting on the counter by the restrooms while we weren't looking...maybe before we sat down , i'll never know. but it was something i'll never forget, 2 years clean and sober, trying so hard not to trip while tripping, while my friend's mother gave us milk and tried to talk us down for the ensuing 6 or so hours. i'm telling you this so you'll be aware of the possibility of someone adding something to your drink while in public. it happened to us in ihop on a regular day. concerts are sketchy so if you can bring your own or keep an eye on your drink at all times and keep it capped if a bottle or lid screwed down if a waterbottle/sports bottle type container.  i don't think you're overthinking, in fact i don't think there's a thing in MY OPINION when it comes to our safety and medication and conditions affecting those things. keep on the right track you're doing great! :thumbsup:

Wow, that sounds terrifying. I'm glad you made it through that experience. I know concerts can be sketchy, but something I love and afraid I would have to give them up while I am tapering. Thanks for your advice and kind words.

Hi everyone,

Thanks Bob. I looked at your video and although overwhelming, making a 31 day supply doesn't seem so bad. Do you then keep the pills in the original prescription bottle? I go to a lot of music festivals in the summer, where they do complete bag searches, so any single pill would most likely be confiscated if I can't hide it (which then makes be feel like a druggy). LOL. 

Hi everyone,

Susie I’m about 7 days into my dry taper using Bob’s method and it’s going really well.

Glad it's going well for you Mountaintop!

Thanks Susie! I wonder if your doc could help answer this question. Or maybe a police officer. I usually never refer people to their doctor after this has happened to me but maybe in this case they would know what a security person would check and confiscate. I was told at one point to always carry the pills in the bottle from the pharmacy or you can be arrested. In this case, I would think a dude at a concert won’t know if the pills you’re carrying are the original ones that came in that bottle or not. If you want to be extra careful I would go to a compounding pharmacy and have them mix your medication (the doc has to write you’re prescription to do this) and then the dosage on the bottle will match the pills in them. Make sense? I would be very surprised if a security guard would take someone’s prescribed meds but crazier things have happened. I’d run all of this by a legal person or your doc since I’m only guessing here. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

Thanks Bob. I looked at your video and although overwhelming, making a 31 day supply doesn't seem so bad. Do you then keep the pills in the original prescription bottle? I go to a lot of music festivals in the summer, where they do complete bag searches, so any single pill would most likely be confiscated if I can't hide it (which then makes be feel like a druggy). LOL.

Putting them in a prescription bottle is a good idea.  I have a small tube which is part of my key chain.  I keep in it a few aspirins and allergies pills and back when I was tapering, I would put this pill in it too.

Thanks for commenting Bob. I'll consider your method, but for now, I think I'll stay with the liquid, since it seems to be working. As Nomoredrugsforme said, I can always take it beforehand and not worry so much on my dosing time.

How is everyone doing today? I was reading through past posts. Gypsy, my heart goes out to you. Have you made your taper schedule? Hope your husband is doing well.

Suzie

Thanks for commenting Bob. I'll consider your method, but for now, I think I'll stay with the liquid, since it seems to be working. As Nomoredrugsforme said, I can always take it beforehand and not worry so much on my dosing time.

How is everyone doing today? I was reading through past posts. Gypsy, my heart goes out to you. Have you made your taper schedule? Hope your husband is doing well.

Suzie

Glad the liquid is working for you Suzie. How much are you reducing per day? I’m feeling pretty good. Since it was a quiet weekend I tried my luck reducing .002 the last two nights instead of .001 and so far so good aside from fatigue and usual AM jitters/anxiety. The sooner this can be all done the better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [En...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ti...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Tu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Da...]