Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

By the way, Bob, this is a super helpful website you've created!

https://benzodrytapermath.com

Thanks for the kind comments.

I think a lot of doctors are changing their minds about benzos.  Too late to do us any good but it will help the future people the world.

Gardie , Ailuron -

Just curious where you live? In the US?  Hope my doc gets “real” soon!

Yes, I'm in the US. Would rather my doctor had continued to be happy to prescribe forever until I was off.

[38...]

Gardie , Ailuron -

Just curious where you live? In the US?  Hope my doc gets “real” soon!

Yes, I'm also in the US.

CS, my best wishes that your doc soon gets "real" too - and to you and Gardie both - becomes as supportive as mine has (to my utter surprise and relief).

Mine only wants me to keep coming back he was no help in my taper.

Sadly, this is the way most doctors are. They are not informed. My first doctor who "helped" me taper said I could get off in 4-6 months. I believed him and crashed big time. Luckily, he was open-minded and listened to what I told him about Ashton and a cross-over to get me off the Xanax. (He was very anti-Xanax.) Then he left the practice. My current doctor, at first, was content for me to be on them forever. That enabled my long hold. I consider myself lucky compared to others whose doctors insist on a quick taper. I taper at my own speed from what I've learned here. I don't share much with my doctor. I just try to figure out what he wants to hear and tell him in order to get the script. My daughter knows exactly where my taper really is in case anyone would need to know that for medical reason. She's the only one who knows how low I really am. This has worked out well, as I am ahead of what my doctor thinks. So his rushing me right now won't catch up with me for quite some time. ;D

Sadly, this is the way most doctors are. They are not informed. My first doctor who "helped" me taper said I could get off in 4-6 months. I believed him and crashed big time. Luckily, he was open-minded and listened to what I told him about Ashton and a cross-over to get me off the Xanax. (He was very anti-Xanax.) Then he left the practice. My current doctor, at first, was content for me to be on them forever. That enabled my long hold. I consider myself lucky compared to others whose doctors insist on a quick taper. I taper at my own speed from what I've learned here. I don't share much with my doctor. I just try to figure out what he wants to hear and tell him in order to get the script. My daughter knows exactly where my taper really is in case anyone would need to know that for medical reason. She's the only one who knows how low I really am. This has worked out well, as I am ahead of what my doctor thinks. So his rushing me right now won't catch up with me for quite some time. ;D

You smart sneaky woman :D;D

Yes I’ve done something similar. My doctor still thinks I’m at 2mg a day. I’ve been filling my prescriptions on time so I have a stockpile that will hopefully last the remainder of my taper. I hope I’ve had my last appointment with this terrible doctor.

Definitely sneaky. :thumbsup: Not sure about smart with what's left of my brain.::):laugh:

Yes I’ve done something similar. My doctor still thinks I’m at 2mg a day. I’ve been filling my prescriptions on time so I have a stockpile that will hopefully last the remainder of my taper. I hope I’ve had my last appointment with this terrible doctor.

IMHO, that's the way to do it. When I started this, I blindly trusted my doctors and pharma and followed their directions. I learned the hard way that that was a mistake. Hard but valuable lessons. :thumbsup:

Yes I agree. I ask so many more questions now and research every drug no matter what the doc tells me. And I advise all of my friends to do the same. This doc told me if I stopped taking k then I’d never sleep again. I look forward to contacting him one last time and telling him I’m done and I’m sleepibg just fine. What a sweet day that will be.

Day 3 of the microtaper. I have symptoms but so far manageable. Hope this continues to go well.

Definitely sneaky. :thumbsup: Not sure about smart with what's left of my brain.::):laugh:

Your brain is in excellent shape, don't doubt it for a minute  ;):smitten:

[38...]

Gardie, click the following link to a post here on BB. It is likely to comfort you regarding your brain:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=149922.msg2014010#msg2014010

Mary is right - your brain is just fine. We all have fine mental abilities - just look at our posts - clear, ungarbled, logical, witty, totally cognizant. It's just that our GABA receptors have been messed up - which makes our lives so very difficult - unwilling prisoners to a drug. And any fast escape from this imprisonment ends up in excruciating misery. We are forced to serve a full sentence or suffer badly.

The old platitudes "Be sure to consult with your doctor about this medication", "Ask your physician if this medicine is right for you", "Call your doctor if you have any of these side effects", etc., etc. - they all sound like pretty bad advice nowadays, don't they?  I have an instantly bitter reaction every time I hear them.

Keep "stockpiling", you very wise woman!

Ailuron

Gardie, click the following link to a post here on BB. It is likely to comfort you regarding your brain:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=149922.msg2014010#msg2014010

Mary is right - your brain is just fine. We all have fine mental abilities - just look at our posts - clear, ungarbled, logical, witty, totally cognizant. It's just that our GABA receptors have been messed up - which makes our lives so very difficult - unwilling prisoners to a drug. And any fast escape from this imprisonment ends up in excruciating misery. We are forced to serve a full sentence or suffer badly.

The old platitudes "Be sure to consult with your doctor about this medication", "Ask your physician if this medicine is right for you", "Call your doctor if you have any of these side effects", etc., etc. - they all sound like pretty bad advice nowadays, don't they?  I have an instantly bitter reaction every time I hear them.

Ailuron

;D ;D

Hi everyone,

May I join you?

I’m heathcliff....new here on this forum. I’d like you advice/opinion  on this please...

I was on7.5 mg valium for about 6 mos and. started tapering off back in January 2016.

After 3+ years I am now down to 0.245 mg

Is it crazy to try to just reduce by .001 every day. Then in 245 days I could be off this poison!

I may have to hold for a while if I start getting wdsx but is it worth trying? Or is nuts!?

Is it going to fast?

What the consensus here?

Thanks!

Heathcliff :thumbsup:

From the Ashton Manual:

"...1mg or 0.5mg diazepam per day which you are taking at the end of your schedule is having little effect apart from keeping the dependence going. Do not be tempted to spin out the withdrawal to a ridiculously slow rate towards the end (such as 0.25mg each month). Take the plunge when you reach 0.5mg daily."

(emphasis added)

I cringe thinking that Ashton considers .25 mg per month a "ridiculously slow rate" to taper.... I am reducing by that amount now, and I am at 3.99 mg... if I try to speed it up, my symptoms ramp up to the point that I cannot function well.

Hi Candace ,

I am tapering the equivelant of .20 mgs of valium a month , that's all I can manage without my nervous system going completely haywire, and I'm not even on a super low dose yet . My taper has been hellish , I've gradually been able to work up to this amount in the last 6 month . For a whole year I was bedridden and only tapered .5 mgs V ! I though I would never be able to taper .

I'm doing better  with the .klonopin , valium wa short legs for me, thoigh I still  2 mgs to deal with after the K .

And I'm not functional , I can barely leave the house ..... So Ashton is wrong IMO .

Heathcliff , Hi !! Good to see you ! I say take your sweet time and do what feels right , you've done that all along and are so close now ... Might as well walk off !

Love, Miyu  :smitten: :smitten:

Gardener99 - Congrats on moving along and getting lower.  Not much longer now.  I'll hit 2.5mg Librium this week which equals 1mg V according to Ashton.  Then for the final (yet still long) descent. 

Ailuron

;D ;D

Hi Gard !  :smitten: :smitten:

So glad to see you are doing well with your taper ... What a long haul hey ?

I'm trudging along ... Wish I could go faster , but doing all I can manage and still stay sane ....

Love, Miyu  :smitten:

Gardener99 - Congrats on moving along and getting lower.  Not much longer now.  I'll hit 2.5mg Librium this week which equals 1mg V according to Ashton.  Then for the final (yet still long) descent.

Wow, 2.5! So happy for you, lbr!!! :clap:

Ailuron

;D ;D

Hi Gard !  :smitten: :smitten:

So glad to see you are doing well with your taper ... What a long haul hey ?

I'm trudging along ... Wish I could go faster , but doing all I can manage and still stay sane ....

Love, Miyu  :smitten:

Hi, Miyu. Good to see you, too. So glad you're making progress. That's what matters. We can do this! :smitten:

Ailuron

Hi Ailuron ,

Just wanted to acknowledge your post and say hi .... I tried to respond to your PM but was unable to .

, and apologize for not including you in my earlier response .

I don't often post in this group , but I wish you all the best on this difficult journey  , and hope you find all the good support and kindness you need here ,

Love, Miyu

MiYu, Gardner,

A big hi to you both, my old time friends!

Can’t tell you how good it is to see you both again.

Iglad to see you are both holding on to your slow tapers. Me too

I’m at 0.235 valium. It’s been three years that I’ve been tapering, can’t waitforotto end! But I. Still going slow,. Hopefully I’ll be off in a year or  sooner?i

Once again...so good  to see you....now we need to see what happened to Valleyum

Talk soon,

Debbie,.

MiYu, Gardner,

I’m at 0.235 valium. It’s been three years that I’ve been tapering, can’t waitforotto end! But I. Still going slow,. Hopefully I’ll be off in a year or  sooner?i

Once again...so good  to see you....now we need to see what happened to Valleyum

Talk soon,

Debbie,.

:hug: You're doing great!

MiYu, Gardner,

Talk soon,

Debbie,.

Great to see you too Heath  :smitten:  keep going , as Gardie said , you're doing great ! Awful how long it takes .... I'm going on 3 years too , amd not even half way . I'm taking more steps for my general health though and that seems to be helping .

LOve , miyu

( yes , where has Valleyum gone ?) 

Ailuron  :hug:

I hope this past cut you just made goes well and your symptoms ease quickly ....

Thanks for your message  :) ,  we all need so much reassurance, I feel like a 2 yr old a lot of the time !

Miyu

Hi All

I haven't been around for a long time as hubby's health hasn't been good at the moment he is waiting to have a stent in his heart so the stress is a little high. I am holding at 3.5mg, furious with myself really. I micro tapered to 3 mg then with all the stress accidentally went back to 3.5, but feeling so stressed I am wondering if I have reached a tolerance where I feel like I should start to Dmt again. The anxiety is awful feels like I can't get a deep enough breath. Anyway just thought I would try back here for a bit of support, no one understands what it's like to go through this, I have lost all my friends over these stupid medications, so feeling a bit low.

Gardener great to see you doing so well, and hopefully I will get to know others in time.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

Hi All

I haven't been around for a long time as hubby's health hasn't been good at the moment he is waiting to have a stent in his heart so the stress is a little high. I am holding at 3.5mg, furious with myself really. I micro tapered to 3 mg then with all the stress accidentally went back to 3.5, but feeling so stressed I am wondering if I have reached a tolerance where I feel like I should start to Dmt again. The anxiety is awful feels like I can't get a deep enough breath. Anyway just thought I would try back here for a bit of support, no one understands what it's like to go through this, I have lost all my friends over these stupid medications, so feeling a bit low.

Gardener great to see you doing so well, and hopefully I will get to know others in time.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy

I'm so sorry your husband is unwell, that would up the anxiety level so anyone.  If you do try tapering, go very slow, I can't really say if it's a good idea or not.  How long have you been holding at the 3.5.  Thinking of you, Mary 💙💚❤️💜

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [He...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ni...]
    • [MP...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [je...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Re...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Ro...]