Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

And there are suggestions to hold for a few days... or weeks, or months....

that leads to a sxs based taper that is easier, in that life can go on while we taper.

That's the theory!  And many swear by it, say that after a good hold the taper can continue more easily as the body has caught up.  It sure makes sense to me!

I'm checking it out myself.  Day 6 of a hold...can't say I'm feeling better yet -- I've held for a few days here and there and felt really good. But I think my sxs right now means that I would have felt REALLY awful had I continued to cut.

Wishing you well!  You've come down so far!

SS

I held again for 30 days due to heavy work related stress in which I HAD to function as best as possible. Resuming today. Instead of dissoving 1 mg in 2ml vodka in 98  ml withdrawing 2 ml daily , I'm changing to 60 ml/withdrawing 1 ml daily. Do i still dissolve the 1 mg valium with 2  ml vodka?

Hi Magnolia

I know I titrate my xanax with alcohol and my ratio is 1:2:8.  I hope some Builder or one of the others math wizards stop by and help you. 

I held again for 30 days due to heavy work related stress in which I HAD to function as best as possible. Resuming today. Instead of dissoving 1 mg in 2ml vodka in 98  ml withdrawing 2 ml daily , I'm changing to 60 ml/withdrawing 1 ml daily. Do i still dissolve the 1 mg valium with 2  ml vodka?

It makes sense to me to keep using the 2ml of vodka. 

Gard :)

It's time to do the batch method of micro tapering. Please help me. I am at 6 mgs of Valium. I only taper 1 mg at a time. Take the rest dry

This works for me and I want to continue this. How would I prepare 1 weeks worth of valium (7 mg??)and micro taper at the rate of .5 mg per month. I've been doing the throwaway version for the last year and am very tired of it. Thanks for any help.

It's time to do the batch method of micro tapering. Please help me. I am at 6 mgs of Valium. I only taper 1 mg at a time. Take the rest dry

This works for me and I want to continue this. How would I prepare 1 weeks worth of valium (7 mg??)and micro taper at the rate of .5 mg per month. I've been doing the throwaway version for the last year and am very tired of it. Thanks for any help.

To make it a little more simple, why not do 10mg (approx 12 days supply.)

Dissolve 10mg in 20ml alcohol or PG, and add 80ml water.  This gives you 100ml, .1mg per ml

To do .5mg/mo reduction...

.5mg/30days= .0167mg/day.  Round down to .015mg/day

Your daily schedule will be:

5mg tablet  1mg (10ml) liquid

5mg tablet  .985mg (9.85ml) liquid

5mg            .970mg (9.7ml)

5mg            .955mg (9.55ml)

5mg            .940mg (9.4ml)

etc...

Just reduce your dose .015mg (.15ml) each day.

Builder,

Would I get a 10ml graduated cylinder?

Also since I'm going to be ingesting a lot less liquid will there be an adjustment.

[6f...]
I came so close to calling 911 today even though I have been to the ER so many times and they have never done anything to help. I just woke up with such a surge of adrenaline and was running around so manic and so depersonalized. This feels so impossible. 

Builder,

Would I get a 10ml graduated cylinder?

Also since I'm going to be ingesting a lot less liquid will there be an adjustment.

If you use a graduated cylinder, you're going to need a 100ml graduated cylinder. I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKIASI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some people prefer unbreakable plastic, but I think the glass is easier to read.

Where do I get a syringe that is that detailed? Drugstore syringes don't have increments of 10.

Hi Magnolis.  I use a 10ml and 1ml syringe. There are increments of 10 on the 1ml syringe.  So if you are starting at a 1mg cut, use the 10ml syringe to pull to 9 and the 1ml syringe to pull to .8 if you are cutting .02 per day or .9 if you are cutting .01 per day.  For an exact .5 cut I cut .015 for 2 days and .02 for one day.  That works out to exactly .5mg every 30 days. 

If you're confused about how to mix a week's worth of solution, just give a shout. :)--V

I came so close to calling 911 today even though I have been to the ER so many times and they have never done anything to help. I just woke up with such a surge of adrenaline and was running around so manic and so depersonalized. This feels so impossible.

All we can do is try.  Sorry you're struggling. :)--V

Getting well marked 10ml and 1ml measuring syringes from pharmacies should be as easy as asking over the counter.

They're not for injecting. Only for measuring. I've not had problems, but I had to go to a few to get them.

I'm sure amazon would have these smaller syringes too.

peace

infoshare

Where do I get a syringe that is that detailed? Drugstore syringes don't have increments of 10.

My search was pretty easy. I just stopped in at our CVS and asked the pharmacy worker. She gave me a couple. I've been back several times in the past with no questions asked. Good luck!!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but micro tapering has worked the best for me by far.  I went from 20mg to 10 in 6 months with hardly any super rough symptoms, and then I went from 10 to 5 in another 6 months without any amount of huge suffering either.  Then for some reason my doctor thought things were taking too long and that cut and holding would speed up the process.  Shows how clueless doctors are.  So I gave it a shot and it was brutal.  It too much up and down.  I'd make a cut, feel awful for a week or two, then feel somewhat better and it's time to make another cut.  With micro tapering I feel sort of crappy all the time and it stays pretty level.  Plus I like the fact that if things get rough you can just hold for a few days.  If you're cutting and holding and feel awful your only options are to power through it or go back to the dose you were taking before.  I also like the feeling that you're doing a little something every day.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but micro tapering has worked the best for me by far.  I went from 20mg to 10 in 6 months with hardly any super rough symptoms, and then I went from 10 to 5 in another 6 months without any amount of huge suffering either.  Then for some reason my doctor thought things were taking too long and that cut and holding would speed up the process.  Shows how clueless doctors are.  So I gave it a shot and it was brutal.  It too much up and down.  I'd make a cut, feel awful for a week or two, then feel somewhat better and it's time to make another cut.  With micro tapering I feel sort of crappy all the time and it stays pretty level.  Plus I like the fact that if things get rough you can just hold for a few days.  If you're cutting and holding and feel awful your only options are to power through it or go back to the dose you were taking before.  I also like the feeling that you're doing a little something every day.

HI burfm,

I noticed in one of your posts you said you got stuck around 8 mgs V . I've been stuck there for a while, and my taper is slow....... Just wondering how you got over the 'hump', and if things improved after you did ? I'm just holding for now trying to stabilize ....

Thanks !

MiYu

HI burfm,

I noticed in one of your posts you said you got stuck around 8 mgs V . I've been stuck there for a while, and my taper is slow....... Just wondering how you got over the 'hump', and if things improved after you did ? I'm just holding for now trying to stabilize ....

Thanks !

MiYu

I actually had gotten down to 5mg but then had a relapse and that set me back to 10mg. From there I cut and hold till 8mg, and cutting and holding isn't my preferred method.  Micro tapering is.  I've also had a few personal things go down, I've updosed a few days here and there which has set me back, and I'm starting to focus on tapering off opiates.  It's a combination of those things I think.

Hello...I was given your names as I need help tapering off of Librium 5 mg capsules..has powder in it.  I'm interested in the the titration method as the weighing of powder sounds difficult to me.  I plan on buying a 100ml graduated cylinder and some syringes...so confused on what I'm supposed to do.  I would like to taper off 5% every month.  Some youtube videos say you can do it in water, milk or alcohol...I can't do milk for sure.  I need a step by step on how to do this correctly.  I'm worried the powder won't even dissolve in my water.  And that it will taste awful.

Someone please help!!

Thank you!!

Welcome Lib- I am also tapering off Librium. I don't know the answers to your questions though as I use a scale. I can't wait til I'm at your dose though! Someone will help you with the liquid process soon.

thank you!  Nice to know someone else tapering off Librium..not too many of them do.  I'm so afraid to do the weighing.  Is your Librium in capsule form? 

Hi Lib 18

builder is the guy for the math and instructions for dissolving the powder.  I've heard there are other math wizards as well but don't know their names.

Welcome to this group...

SS

[b7...]

I'm worried the powder won't even dissolve in my water.  And that it will taste awful.

Someone please help!!

Thank you!!

hi libs. welcome! you can't create a new topic here because this is already a live, neverending topic -- you can only reply in this topic/thread. this topic/thread is for all those using liquid microtaper for various benzos.

libr and gardener are the two tapering librium. so am i. i suspect we all use alcohol.

but you can use water too! no, it won't taste horrible. i get it only in tablet form here -- i am in india. no, i don't have to crush them -- librium tablets takes 5 minutes to dissolve in alcohol (80 proof vodka).

oscar used to use water to dissolve and taper. also newrain. both are absent from this board right now. i am posting their private messages to me about how they used to dissolve their capsules in water (there is nothing confidential in their private messages). feel free to ask questions -- builder and gardener will help you when they read this.

Hi Vineet2,

I used 5mgs capsules which is the smallest denomination you can get here in the states.  Can you get capsules in India?  The Librium in the capsules are water soluble so making a solution is very easy. 

Once you learn the best way to dissolve your tablet/capsule then dividing your dose during the day will help to keep you even keeled. 

Hi,

OK, i was using 480ml of water at the start.

My dose at the start was 30mgs Librium.

I used capsules only, i would gently pull the capsules apart and empty contents into the 480 ml of water and drop the capsule ends in also.

At the start i was cutting 2ml per day.

I divided my dose into 6 small jars and doses every 3 hours.

As my taper progressed, i had to reduce my cut according to how i felt, after some time i cut 1.5ml instead od 2ml per day.

You really need capsules Vineet, crushing tablets is a hassle.

You need:

A 10ml syringe.

A 1ml syringe.

6 small glass baby food jars.

1 large glass jar.

1 Glass jug.

You start by measuring out your water using the large syringe, this will be accurate (do not use a cylinder, they do not match with syringes and cause inaccuracy).

Once you dissolve your capsules in water in a large jar, put lid on tight and shake, then put in refrigerator for 2 . 3 hours.

Take jar and shake, then when settled, pour into a large glass jug and extract 2mls of solution using the 1ml syringe.

Pour the remainder of the solution into 6 small glass jars, make them even by using the 1ml syringe as a dropper to even the doses, eyeballing them is fine.

Take every 3 hours.

Please note:

You need capsules, it is advisable to space your doses out over the day and evening BEFORE you start tapering.

Do this for 3 weeks before you start.

Always listen to your body and if you feel bad, reduce your cut by a fraction, you should NEVER push when you start to feel bad, hold and wait it out.

As you get lower in dose your cuts will need to become smaller, this is not a percentage thing.

Keep your doses in the fridge at all times.

I hope this helps, it is super easy once you get going.

Oscar

HI burfm,

Thanks !

MiYu

HI burfm,

Thanks !

MiYu

I actually had gotten down to 5mg but then had a relapse and that set me back to 10mg. From there I cut and hold till 8mg, and cutting and holding isn't my preferred method.  Micro tapering is.  I've also had a few personal things go down, I've updosed a few days here and there which has set me back, and I'm starting to focus on tapering off opiates.  It's a combination of those things I think.

Thanks for responding Burf...... I'm very stuck right now .... Not going to updose , just going to hold where I am and hope things settle down . So far they seem to be worsening which is crazy.

I have used both liquid mt and scale .... I prefer the scale but as far as smaller increments liquid is better by far . I just don't seem to be able to do anything atm!

MiYu

Thanks for responding Burf...... I'm very stuck right now .... Not going to updose , just going to hold where I am and hope things settle down . So far they seem to be worsening which is crazy.

I have used both liquid mt and scale .... I prefer the scale but as far as smaller increments liquid is better by far . I just don't seem to be able to do anything atm!

MiYu

How long have you been sitting at that dose?  Maybe you're hitting tolerance.  I've noticed with Valium you have to really stay at a dose for a while in order for the symptoms to subside, but even when they do go away you never really feel completely normal.  Hang in there and start tapering super slow when you think you can.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [de...]
    • [Fi...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [Li...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Al...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [El...]