Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I had to split up my dose due to fast metabolism before I found out mine was too fast and controlled it. I felt like I had to keep my " bedtime" dose the highest since I took it for sleep. Once I tried taking much off the day it messed with my sleep. You may have to try it both ways- so many people say keeping doses even is key- but that did not work for me. I was shaving tiny amounts off the day though. Hopefully others will weigh in with their experiences for you.

I had to split up my dose due to fast metabolism before I found out mine was too fast and controlled it. I felt like I had to keep my " bedtime" dose the highest since I took it for sleep. Once I tried taking much off the day it messed with my sleep. You may have to try it both ways- so many people say keeping doses even is key- but that did not work for me. I was shaving tiny amounts off the day though. Hopefully others will weigh in with their experiences for you.

Kittybeanbag, I tried dividing into 2 equal daily doses on my DLMT and had a lot of trouble sleeping. I decided for me that the sleep was more important for now. If my sx change as I get to lower doses I might have to rethink that strategy and opt for divided but with the majority saved for bedtime dose. But for now once daily seems best.  :thumbsup:

Hi

I was advised from another board to post my question here.

I am taking 2.5 mgs of klonopin.  I take 1 mg two times a day and .5 mg one time a day.

I want to cut 5 percent from the .5 mg pill and hold for a week or two.

The 1 mg and .5 mg pills all have an average weight of .170.  I subtracted 5% from 170 and came up with a 8.5 per cent cut. 

I have no idea if I am doing this right.  I would really appreciate it, if I could get some help!

Thanks

Taylor

Has anybody "seen" SG or Builder anywhere else on BB's? Trying to get some help for Taylor here. I very rarely go to any other threads.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi

I am taking 2.5 mgs of klonopin.  I take 1 mg two times a day and .5 mg one time a day.

The 1 mg and .5 mg pills all have an average weight of .170.  I subtracted 5% from 170 and came up with a 8.5 per cent cut. 

I have no idea if I am doing this right.  I would really appreciate it, if I could get some help!

Thanks

Taylor

Has anybody "seen" SG or Builder anywhere else on BB's? Trying to get some help for Taylor here. I very rarely go to any other threads.

Thanks!

Jeff

Builder used to be on the Valium thread a lot

But I haven't seen him there in a few weeks at least.

I have a feeling SG will not be contributing as much anymore. I have no idea, but maybe the many years of selfless service, he has so willingly given, turned into a thankless non paying job, that buddies have come to feel entitled to.

I begged him not to leave me!! I have a long way to go before I get to the smaller doses, but I told him that I needed him at that point and to please stay with us :)  He's been super over a long period of time. You too, Builder. I love you guys!! My mind is like a blank slate now. I would have no idea how to do the math for micro doses. Heck, I can't even balance my checkbook at this point!

Blessings to all!!

Jeff

Hi folks,

I've been trucking along with my micro taper and got walloped with a stomach virus this week. The last time I got one I was dry cutting and it was pretty bad. I was hoping it wouldn't be that way this time but it seems to be- my sxs are ramped up like CRAZY!! Is it normal even with the DLMT to have a sensitive nervous system like that?

I too have noticed, and asked those that dont miss much around here... -not to speculate... I just hope they are well, and all is ok...

Im sure if we all pull together, we can partially fill the gap... might be good for everyone...

So.. who loves maths... oops -arithmetic... :)???

Sorry, I haven't had internet access for a bit. I recall that SG had some health problems and was considering retiring. I don't know where builder went. I will go see if I can find either of them.

There are other math gurus on benzo buddies. Will try to see where they are.

Gard :smitten:

Builder was last on BB on Thursday but did not post. He has posted on the Titration forum lately, but not often.

SG shows to be on BB right now. He also posts on the Titration forum but not as often as he used to.

I think the Titration forum is the place to go if you don't get an answer here.

Gard

Builder was last on BB on Thursday but did not post. He has posted on the Titration forum lately, but not often.

SG shows to be on BB right now. He also posts on the Titration forum but not as often as he used to.

Gard

thanks Gard...

MC Super Sloth Investigations would be proud...

:)

Gard

Hey Gard!! Yep, SG is taking a break. He's been through so much, it can't be described. Sounds horribly painful. Just "talked" to him. We need to find a good math guru somehow and try to carry on forward with this thread. My brain just stinks right now as far as math. Plus, I see that more and more people are doing the dry cut thing. I've been doing the liquid micro taper from day one, so I'm not much help with dry.

1) By the way, is the Titration forum that you talk about just another thread here on BB? Does it have a specific name?

2) How can you tell if someone is on BB? I saw you mention it above.

Hope you're doing well, sis!!! Hugs to you.

Jeff

Cant, you are totally confusing this thread! They do not know what MC sloth has to do with anything! Next topic will probably be your mermaid bride! :laugh:

Jeff, Glad you are keeping in touch with SG. Tell him I think of him and wish him all the best.

Go to the home page and look for Titration Taper Plans in orange. I call it a forum and the stuff under the forums the threads.

To stalk someone, put them on your buddies list (under your forum profile/modify profile). When you look at your buddies list, you can see a green square for who's online. Of course, they could have left the BB screen up and walked away, but at least you know they're alive and kicking. ;)

Very rough week. Coping with a wave right now, but hanging in there. Hope you are, too!

Gard

Hi folks,

I've been trucking along with my micro taper and got walloped with a stomach virus this week. The last time I got one I was dry cutting and it was pretty bad. I was hoping it wouldn't be that way this time but it seems to be- my sxs are ramped up like CRAZY!! Is it normal even with the DLMT to have a sensitive nervous system like that?

Absolutely. Just because you are mt instead of c/h you still have the taper experiences and ANY kind of disruption can cause all kinds of unpleasantitudes to happen. Even a simple head cold- or a visit to a daycare full of screaming babies. I read somewhere that as different areas of the brain heal during the taper it can make you more sensitive to certain things such as sounds one week and smells the next. It is absolutely notmal- but no less unpleasant to go through!

Builder has been in Belize for 10 days  visiting his missionary son and daughter-in-law, and 3 of his beloved grandchildren.  :smitten:

I did a couple of short posts, but I don't like trying to type on my iphone.

Nice to know I was missed.  ::)

Hi

Thanks

Taylor

Thanks!

Jeff

170 mg X 5% = 8.5 milligram cut.

Builder has been in Belize for 10 days  visiting his missionary son and daughter-in-law, and 3 of his beloved grandchildren.  :smitten:

Builder, I hope you have the very best time with family in Belize. Sounds wonderful! And again thanks for all you give!

Belize??!!! LOVE that place! You should buy yourself a chunk of land on the beach and stay there for a few dozen months :)  Some friends of mine bought property there years ago and finally made the permanent move last winter. I now have a great reason to go back there...it's a free place to stay!

Have a super week!

Jeff

What a pleasant surprise, builder. I hope your time in Belize was absolutely wonderful!

What a pleasant surprise, builder. I hope your time in Belize was absolutely wonderful!

Thank you.  My trips to Belize are always wonderful.  Mostly because I usually go when my grandkids are on spring break! ;)

Hi everyone,

I know this question has been asked many times but:

I need a better scale. I compare 2 gemini's and they can vary way beyond my comfort zone. I'm also starting to need to weigh bits because I split doses. Is there a step up from the gemini scales?. I'm in this for a long time, so I need to be sure of the weights. I've taken such a huge financial hit, due to this journey, what's a few more hundred? Thanks.

builder

Hi builder was wondering if you could help with a question on a dry microtaper, my son has come down from 30mg to just above 11mg using 5mg tabs. We have very accurate laboratory scales and would like to start incorperating 2mg tabs as his dose is getting lower. How would you approach this, we were thinking starting at 10mg and slowly introducing the 2mg tabs. He doses twice daily and I was thinking of adding/phasing in 2mg tablets at 1 a day which would mean for morning 1x5mg tab shaved to 4mg + 1x2mg tablet halved, repeat for night dose which gives us 10mg. Then I would keep shaving 5'mgs until we reach an even number and introduce more 2mg, does this sound reasonable to you as he is very sensitive and kindled and a straight swap to 2mg seems a bit sudden and could shock him. We are using the same brand for both tablets

Sorry for the long text

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

builder

Hi builder was wondering if you could help with a question on a dry microtaper, my son has come down from 30mg to just above 11mg using 5mg tabs. We have very accurate laboratory scales and would like to start incorperating 2mg tabs as his dose is getting lower. How would you approach this, we were thinking starting at 10mg and slowly introducing the 2mg tabs. He doses twice daily and I was thinking of adding/phasing in 2mg tablets at 1 a day which would mean for morning 1x5mg tab shaved to 4mg + 1x2mg tablet halved, repeat for night dose which gives us 10mg. Then I would keep shaving 5'mgs until we reach an even number and introduce more 2mg, does this sound reasonable to you as he is very sensitive and kindled and a straight swap to 2mg seems a bit sudden and could shock him. We are using the same brand for both tablets

Sorry for the long text

Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

The basic procedure for doing a daily  scale taper is the same as for a daily liquid taper.

Choose a taper rate and a time frame.

Ex 10% over 14 days:

For example, assume your 5mg tablets have an average weight of 150mg.  (10mg would weigh 300mg)

10%X 300mg= 30mg cut

30mg cut / 14 days= (approx) 2mg per day reduction

Progressively lower the pill weight by 2mg (weight) each day.

300mg

298mg

296mg

294mg

You can use this basic procedure with both 5mg or 2mg tablets, or a combination, although larger tablets will be easier to work with. 

Just weigh your actual tablets to get a real average weight, and substitute that actual weight for the theoretical 150mg I used in my example.

builder

Thanks for your response. Do you mean larger tablets in mg or size? I thought it would be easier to work with the 2mg once the dose got lower.

Larger tablets (5mg vs 2mg) make sanding/shaving easier and more accurate. 

Its the same principle as diluting liquid.  The more dilute the solution is the easier it will be to measure. A concentration of 1mg=10ml will be easier to make accurate measurments than a solution of 1mg=1ml.  The greater the mass or volume of the beginning product, the lower the error factor.

Larger tablets (5mg vs 2mg) make sanding/shaving easier and more accurate. 

Its the same principle as diluting liquid.  The more dilute the solution is the easier it will be to measure. A concentration of 1mg=10ml will be easier to make accurate measurments than a solution of 1mg=1ml.  The greater the mass or volume of the beginning product, the lower the error factor.

Ok that makes sense, 

What are your thoughts on doing dry tabs + liquid? Would that make for a more accurate reduction?

I saw some people posting about using PG as a solvent in conjunction with their dry tabs. Would you be able to explain the process? It's getting pretty rough at the moment so we are holding and trying to figure out the best method in which to taper. We have highly accurate scales that cost a small fortune which is an advantage but still would like to hear other options. Is there a preferred taper method to dry cutting?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [hu...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ro...]