Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

So I have been doing a pretty successful daily micro taper, although I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

Hey guys - I know, here i come with another question..... but i trust y'alls guidance! This afternoon I will go to the dermatologist. I have an area that he will probably want to biopsy.  Now, i know we must be very careful with what is used to deaden/numb the area as it can wreak havoc w our CNS. I was wondering what is best to use that will not stimulate or what i need to avoid? ( i posted this '?' on the v board as well)

thx ever so much! :smitten:

Fwiw... -I recently had some chunks chopped out, and had nil issue with the locals...

I was just at the dermatologist yesterday and had to get a mole scraped off for biopsy purposes.  They gave me a local lidocaine shot, and I didn't think to ask if it had epinephrine in it.  I slept OK last night and feel fine so far today.  If I have to go in to get a bigger chunk taken out, I'll ask for Lidocaine without epinephrine.  Hope it went well.

Glad you got through your procedure OK. Hope you get good news soon!

Biopsy went great - the doctor actually used saline solution injections and i felt nothing. It is healing up and now we await the outcome. I really appreciate everyone's input!! good information to have.  :smitten:

Hi all,

I've been dry cutting from 1mg of ativan and it was going smooth. I am taking my dosage  all at once at night and I wasnt having any problems until my last cut. I read about interdose withdrawal with short acting benzo's but I figured I will cross that bridge when I get there. I believe I am there now as the all day anxiety is getting unbearable. I am having other sxs such as GI issues, blurry vision, cramps, burning skin but none of those bother me as much as the anxiety. I have to make changes NOW as much as change scares me. I am going to start micro tapering with liquid titration and I got great advice from someone who it seems everyone has total faith in and so do i. My biggest problem is taking all my ativan at once and I know I have to change that so i just took .125 mg now and I'm going to take the other .625 at bedtime. I will do this for a few days then split my dose to .125 in the am, .125 midday and .5 at night. When I stabilize on the dosage split I will start my micro tapering. Does this sound feasible or do I need to consider a different plan.

Ringing,

I just replied to you on the Ativan thread.  I think what you're proposing sounds like a good plan.  I would recommend that you ultimately look at liquid Ativan, since it enables you to make smaller and more accurate cuts than pill splitting.  I get mine at a compounding pharmacy, but you can make your own, too. (Ask builder for guidance.)

Check out my schedule on the other thread.

NW Guy

Ringing,

I just replied to you on the Ativan thread.  I think what you're proposing sounds like a good plan.  I would recommend that you ultimately look at liquid Ativan, since it enables you to make smaller and more accurate cuts than pill splitting.  I get mine at a compounding pharmacy, but you can make your own, too. (Ask builder for guidance.)

Check out my schedule on the other thread.

NW Guy

Thank you, I dont know how I would get by without some of you here. I spoke to Builder and he explained how to do liquid tapering. I just found a compounding pharmacy close by but I will need a prescription refill first.

you can also get Ativan in a SR compounded formula. :thumbsup:

I actually just found a pharmacy near by that coumpounds meds. Today has been a positive day. Having a plan in place is half the battle and the past few days I was feeling hopeless because my plan stopped working after working so well through my first 3 cuts.

So I have been doing a pretty successful daily micro taper, although I am combining it with symptom-based holds....I am down to 1.15 ml V in the morning and .86 at night. Have been feeling energized, cheerful, and sleeping well - until the last two days. Then noticed that in spite of all the physical improvements, I am having trouble understanding text and following the thread of tv shows. Is this something that happens? You feel better physically but develop some brain fog? I am also experiencing some more panic (just today) - but I also hit a deer in my car this morning: car is a wreck and deer died in front of my eyes - so I am sure that is contributing to it...Anybody have similar experiences? I had been waiting a week or so with my little microtapers (up until the last two weeks) - then I started to feel so good that I kept dropping .01 o3 .02 ml a day, so maybe it is catching up to me?

I think the cog fog thing hits people at different times. It seems to be the area your brain is trying to heal up at any given moment can cause weirdness out of the blue. But that happens to me all the time! Watching a movie with my husband and halfway through cant even remember what its about. It is worse on some days better on others. And yes, being in a car wreck and seeing a deer die counts as a serious stressor! Glad you are ok- sorry about the car and the deer. It will pass❤

For what its worth I taper so slow its almost got built in holds in it. And I cant go any faster. Instead of reducing .001 on the scale each night mine is like .202 tonight, .201/202 tomorrow night, .201 the next night etc- I cant even do the .001 a day reduction. It hits me fast!

I have never posted on this forum before but curious if there are other people like me that have tapered extremely slowly but still get slammed all too often.  I've done so many holds yet I've been incredibly sick this entire taper...I'm assuming it's due to being kindled from a c/t off 2mg of klonopin that I had been on for 12 years , then reinstate the at 11/2 years from the c/t.

I just hit below 1 mg ( yes it's taken me almost 21/2 years to taper from 15 mg of Valium ) and I'm very sick, just as sick or worse than the c/t.  I suffer with brutal complete sleep deprivation and I developed gastroparesis from the Valium.

Just curious if there are any other horrible tapers like mine even with the daily micro taper?

Thanks,

Blue

I'm sorry about your symptoms, blue. I've had some awful times during MT, but not as bad as yours. It was before I learned I needed to incorporate holds and to get some ducks in a row in other areas of my life. I still have some periods of nasty symptoms but also have windows of low symptoms.

I think you'll find Jeff is in a boat similar to yours. Every tiny step is painful for him. :(

Hang in there. Today we are each one day closer to freedom.

Gard

Blue, I am so sorry you are suffering so. I can tell you are a strong person, as you are and have endured much and continue to persevere!  There are several who can empathize with your plight. You are not alone, we are here for you, keeping hanging in there, you have made huge progress and healing is so very slow, but it is happening. As you know, it can take a bit of time for our brains heal - but they are.  :smitten:

I have never posted on this forum before but curious if there are other people like me that have tapered extremely slowly but still get slammed all too often.  I've done so many holds yet I've been incredibly sick this entire taper...I'm assuming it's due to being kindled from a c/t off 2mg of klonopin that I had been on for 12 years , then reinstate the at 11/2 years from the c/t.

I just hit below 1 mg ( yes it's taken me almost 21/2 years to taper from 15 mg of Valium ) and I'm very sick, just as sick or worse than the c/t.  I suffer with brutal complete sleep deprivation and I developed gastroparesis from the Valium.

Just curious if there are any other horrible tapers like mine even with the daily micro taper?

Thanks,

Blue

Holy cow!! Yep, I feel your pain. Stopping CT off of 2mg of K is enough to ruin anyone's life. My heart goes out to you. I was on a huge dose of the K for well over 21 yrs before starting this taper, and I'm having a lot of the same issues that you are. Killer insomnia and rotten GI issues are a drag. If I cut any slower, I'll be in reverse. I haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to all of this, so I just kind of forget about it and go on each day as best I can. It's like what many others have said for so long.....if you're in hell, keep going. The other thing I've learned is that less is more. I no longer try every supplement known to mankind to help with the sx. I just try to eat as much real food as possible, keep moving, and put positive things in my head and managed life stressors. You're doing to the right things. Keep at it!! Big Pharma is not going to win!! YOU will. Next! :)

Jeff

Next! You made me smile, Jeff. :) I'm in a bad place and needed to smile. Not just the taper, but some other stuff coming up that I'm afraid of. Holding because I need to get stable. I always hate it when I hold. It does make me feel like big pharma is winning. Wish I could say "next" to what's ahead, but I can't. Have to go through it. Then I can start tapering again.

Hi, my names Tom and I'm addicted to slow tapering. Its been an issue for quite some time, a year and a month to be exact.....trying not to count the days with some hahaha's

Next! You made me smile, Jeff. :) I'm in a bad place and needed to smile. Not just the taper, but some other stuff coming up that I'm afraid of. Holding because I need to get stable. I always hate it when I hold. It does make me feel like big pharma is winning. Wish I could say "next" to what's ahead, but I can't. Have to go through it. Then I can start tapering again.

Howdy, sweet lady!! Well, they say "you gotta go through it to get to it". It'll be a distant memory before too long, but I wish you nothing but hugs and smooth roads while you do it. At least it isn't this time last year. You've come a looooong way. Keep the faith, and grab hugs coming your way (you too, tnt).

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. You're a sweetheart. You are exactly right, a least it isn't this time last year. What a nightmare that was! Also seems some upcoming events have been postponed, so I may take another hack at my L again before I hold. All on the sly. Both my doctor and my therapist seem to think I need to be on this drug. It's very disheartening. Don't know what I'd do without BB!

Gard :smitten:

I'm just checking in to follow this thread and say hi! I just started my microtaper with a gram scale (this is day 3). I already know quite a few of you, just hoping to learn more about microtaper.  :smitten:

BlueSwan - I've had a horrible taper too, with gastroparesis. I'll send you a PM with my gastroparesis story and how I have successfully dealt with it.  Good luck,

MirandaJane

BlueSwan - I've had a horrible taper too, with gastroparesis. I'll send you a PM with my gastroparesis story and how I have successfully dealt with it.  Good luck,

MirandaJane

oh... -you have a possible solution to this mess???

Gardener99, Kasey, and Ultra...thank you so much for the input and support, it is greatly appreciated.  I thought by doing a slow micro taper ( with many holds ) that it would be less painful but I assume I'm kindled from the C/T off 2 mg of klonopin. During the year and a half of the C/T my Dr was medicating me with so many different meds and AD's that I'm sure they further disrupted my fragile CNS ( I guess they were C/T's too as he would start me on a med, rip me off and start another one...I was too sick to even question it  :'( ) , when I ended up at the ER the Dr had good intentions with reinstating me but sadly it back fired.  Anyway....guess at this point I just have to keep going and try to get through this.

Jeff...I'm so sorry for all the suffering that you have gone through. I hope that these Drs are held accountable for what they have done to so many innocent souls. I'm the same as you...tapering so slow it's kinda mind boggling!  Good point re the supps, I'm gradually trying to eliminate the supps that I have been using and improving my diet which is also challenging due to gastroparesis.  I truly appreciate your support, Jeff....I wish you well and a 100% deserved recovery  :)

MirandeJane...thank you for contacting me.  Boy the gastroparesis sure puts the *boots* to you while tapering doesn't it?!?!  I barely tapered last year, when I first developed GP I was in and out of the hospital and tapering became almost impossible at that point but I'm back at it and hopefully on the last lap of benzo w/d. I'll deal with dropping the last AD when I'm benzo free. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better.

Thank you everyone for being so kind and caring...I don't feel quite as alone now. Wishing you all healing and happiness  :smitten:

Blue

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [le...]
    • [Av...]
    • [de...]
    • [...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [hu...]
    • [gu...]