Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I am having anxiety and obsessive thoughts about this micro taper. I've made a few mistakes, am going very slow and am mostly ok. Then I read Ed's blog.  Slaying the dragon.  He did everything right. Jumped after a slow taper and is now in acute hell.  How and why does this happen to certain people? Do most valium dlmt land ok?

My heart goes out to him. I'm so confused because I thought if you do this slow daily taper it avoids acute at the end. Is valium the culprit?  It's almost like he went cold turkey after a year and a half. Is there any other precautions to take to avoid something like that?

I wouldn't be discouraged. There are lots of people that do well I imagine. Me, it's one day at a time. My thoughts race a lot... I'm weighing with a jewelry scale, not on the liquid yet. Everyone is different. This is my third taper, (first time on cold turkey) and I've been on almost 10 years straight. I hope to be off by the end of August, but we shall see. One thing I do find helpful, I simply tell myself that I'm gong to be OK and glide through this taper process. I should write that on my bathroom mirror. I will beat this addiction and get off easily and smoothly. Most days I'm really struggling, but I find the self talk helps...  :thumbsup:  Maybe read some success stories... I should.

I am having anxiety and obsessive thoughts about this micro taper. I've made a few mistakes, am going very slow and am mostly ok. Then I read Ed's blog.  Slaying the dragon.  He did everything right. Jumped after a slow taper and is now in acute hell.  How and why does this happen to certain people? Do most valium dlmt land ok?

My heart goes out to him. I'm so confused because I thought if you do this slow daily taper it avoids acute at the end. Is valium the culprit?  It's almost like he went cold turkey after a year and a half. Is there any other precautions to take to avoid something like that?

I wouldn't be discouraged. There are lots of people that do well I imagine. Me, it's one day at a time. My thoughts race a lot... I'm weighing with a jewelry scale, not on the liquid yet. Everyone is different. This is my third taper, (first time on cold turkey) and I've been on almost 10 years straight. I hope to be off by the end of August, but we shall see. One thing I do find helpful, I simply tell myself that I'm gong to be OK and glide through this taper process. I should write that on my bathroom mirror. I will beat this addiction and get off easily and smoothly. Most days I'm really struggling, but I find the self talk helps...  :thumbsup:  Maybe read some success stories... I should.

Have you been on the Long Hold support group? (Sorry, I can't always remember where I "met" people.)  Many of us did a long hold when we got into trouble (for many months) and now are incorporating shorter holds regularly to give our brains and bodies a chance to catch up with healing.

My problem is anxiety, obsessive  thoughts and projecting doom. My taper is going well with the exception of 2 self induced mistakes I made. When I follow the rules, it works.  But reading stories of people who did the same, and end up in trouble concerns me. 

My problem is anxiety, obsessive  thoughts and projecting doom. My taper is going well with the exception of 2 self induced mistakes I made. When I follow the rules, it works.  But reading stories of people who did the same, and end up in trouble concerns me.

It's understandable that it concerns you. I obsess about the future and feel really frightened. If there is any comfort in saying that you are not alone... I hope that helps.

You said when you follow the rules, it works. That could be the case for you. You like many others, may do just fine. And knowing Ed, I'm sure he will be too. It just takes time. I feel like I'm in hell today myself. But I hope I'll be OK... and hoping you will be too!  :thumbsup:

It's understandable that it concerns you. I obsess about the future and feel really frightened. If there is any comfort in saying that you are not alone... I hope that helps.

You said when you follow the rules, it works. That could be the case for you. You like many others, may do just fine. And knowing Ed, I'm sure he will be too. It just takes time. I feel like I'm in hell today myself. But I hope I'll be OK... and hoping you will be too!  :thumbsup:

Yup. I'll be fine in time. I believe this with all my heart.

builder or SG i need some help with math please i am thinking of updosing from 2.75mgs of k to either 3.25 or 3.5 mgs due to the fact i have been holding at a yr at 2.75 i have to get some relief and get my life back. Could someone tell me what my doses in gms would be from a 1 mg tab weight .173 average dosing 4 times a day. I dry taper a nd have to weigh and crush the doses as i still can not swallow the small pills.

thanks

builder or SG i need some help with math please i am thinking of updosing from 2.75mgs of k to either 3.25 or 3.5 mgs due to the fact i have been holding at a yr at 2.75 i have to get some relief and get my life back. Could someone tell me what my doses in gms would be from a 1 mg tab weight .173 average dosing 4 times a day. I dry taper a nd have to weigh and crush the doses as i still can not swallow the small pills.

thanks

.173 x 3.25=.562/4=.140

.173 x 3.5=.605/4=.151

thanks

.173 x 3.25=.562/4=.140

.173 x 3.5=.605/4=.151

I get the same answers.  I hope you have seen at least some improvement over the past year, Deep.

SG and jr

thank you for getting back to me..as for getting back to me :)..and as for some relief i didnt see any until this yr i would say..i started to put on some weight so i weighed 123 today at the docs not to shabby beings i was down to 97 lbs and so malnourished..but as for the swallowing thats not alot better i can tolerate some foods some days and then some days the swallowing is bad..and also i cant watch anything on tv except like comedies, kids shows, cartoons things like that due to i cant take stress of any kind it not only makes my swallowing worse but it also makes my STV worse and the heart rate..so now I need help again...

he only updosed it 1/4 mgs to 3mgs to see if that will help he said we can do baby steps and wait and see..he said no use in going back up farther than needed..

he said that 3 mgs would be .130 4x's a day..and he said when i seen him in a month that if i was absolutely no better than we would go to .150..and could you please tell me how much that would be cause he wanted to go up to 3.25mgs but if the math was right then wouldnt that be like .140something?

thanks for the both of yours help i really appreciate it and all the help you give everyone here :)

deep

.150 is just short of 3.5 mg

Yay! Another math guru. :) We need all the benzo-free brains we can get around here.

I actually had a math question about percents the other day but today my brain can't remember what it was. :idiot:

Just curious at what rate others are micro tapering from. I'm using liquid valium in a 10:1 ratio and tapering 1mg at a time. Started off doing .03mL cuts (33 days per 1mg) daily but now am handling .05mL (20 days per 1mg.) cuts just as well. I just want this to be over as fast as possible but I've rushed before and crashed really hard. I'm doing pretty good but the thought of this taking almost 2 years of tapering just makes me cringe. Definitely, notice healing and lessening of sxs's coming down this way too. I hope its a somewhat smooth transition off when the time comes.

I started my daily taper from 9mg at .025mg/day.

I lowered my cut rate 3 times during my taper, and was at .010 near the end of my taper.

I started my daily taper from 9mg at .025mg/day.

I lowered my cut rate 3 times during my taper, and was at .010 near the end of my taper.

Sounds about right. I figure if I can handle higher daily cuts now I'll have some room to lower my cut percentage if need be. Thanks builder.

I cant go any faster than .001 a day, sometimes every other day. Right now at 6.5 ish mg which is .207 on the scale that leaves me with way over a year left to get off of 6 1/2 mg but it is what it is. I know many can go a lot faster- but its all so individual!

Have you been on the Long Hold support group? (Sorry, I can't always remember where I "met" people.)  Many of us did a long hold when we got into trouble (for many months) and now are incorporating shorter holds regularly to give our brains and bodies a chance to catch up with healing.

I'm with ya, Gard. I'm having to do a short hold every single time I cut, and I'm doing really small cuts. I don't even try to figure out what the percentage is each month because it would be incredibly depressing. Probably be about .0000001230047mg/month :) Time to completion would be years and years, so I don't need to know that. When I do cut, I just try to tell myself that "I'm one cut closer to jumping". Yee-haaa! Gotta geaux celebrate!

Hang tight, sweet lady!!

Jeff

I'm with ya, Gard. I'm having to do a short hold every single time I cut, and I'm doing really small cuts. I don't even try to figure out what the percentage is each month because it would be incredibly depressing. Probably be about .0000001230047mg/month :) Time to completion would be years and years, so I don't need to know that. When I do cut, I just try to tell myself that "I'm one cut closer to jumping". Yee-haaa! Gotta geaux celebrate!

Hang tight, sweet lady!!

Jeff

:thumbsup:

Yes, one cut closer to jumping! I actually hope we slow people "walk off" rather than jump off. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? :smitten:

Hang tight, sweet lady!!

Jeff

Yes, one cut closer to jumping! I actually hope we slow people "walk off" rather than jump off. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? :smitten:

I certainly do hope you can just walk off. That would be the greatest reward of a slow taper. While I wasnt able to , I am feeling pretty good to just be off 3 months. I think healing is on the way.

jr, I'm glad to hear you are feeling good at 3 months out. :) I think that's a pretty good jump! I think I read that the benzo stored in our tissues takes awhile to come out and get processed so we still experience symptoms after we jump. Don't know if it's true, but it makes sense. I doubt anyone will walk off without stumbling a bit. So maybe I should say, "stumble off." :laugh:

I got impatient and made a bigger than usual cut last night so maybe I don't have the discipline to stumble off. Should kick myself in the behind, but I expect the benzo will do that for me shortly! >:(

Hang tight, sweet lady!!

Jeff

Walk off, fall off...I'd be happy just to be off! I'm going so slow that hell should be pretty cold by the time I get off the stuff. It's practically as much a psychological battle as it is a physical/physiological one.

Have a feel-gooder day!

Jeff

Hang tight, sweet lady!!

Jeff

Walk off, fall off...I'd be happy just to be off! I'm going so slow that hell should be pretty cold by the time I get off the stuff. It's practically as much a psychological battle as it is a physical/physiological one.

Have a feel-gooder day!

Jeff

Jeff, Maybe you belong with us on the Long Hold support group. Also, known as the chicken, turtle, sail, sloth group. Sometimes it seems we are having a contest of who can go the slowest. Maybe you'd win!

Gard :smitten:

[43...]

Hi everyone,

I'm really in a tough spot. I had been holding at 2.5 mg's of Klonopin for a while after a failed Valium substitution in early-mid December when I tried to change over to an all liquid solution earlier this week. I lasted 4 days and then I couldn't take it anymore and went back to dry. I know some people on this site say the fact that it's all liquid shouldn't matter but this is the third time I've tried and I get so slammed every time that I only last a few days. I have talked with others who have had difficulty switching and I don't know exactly why but I seem to be unable to do all liquid.

It is strange because the only taper I have had success with was liquefying .5 mg's at a time. I got down from 2.5 to 1.5 last year over about an 8 month period doing that before I got slammed from which I have never recovered. I am wondering if I should go back to trying that or if I should do a dry taper with a razor and scale (a method which has always seemed complicated and inaccurate to me). I'm told the method of .5 at a time is a bad idea because the doses won't be kept even but it did work for several months and I was at least somewhat stable during that time. I'm a bed ridden agoraphobic mess as it is right now and I don't know what to do. Do you think the .5 at a time liquefied is ok? Has the dry taper been easier for any of you who didn't do well with a liquid taper? I didn't do a proper crossover to Valium but I don't have a prescriber who would do one and even if I did 50 mg's sounds like an insanely high dose to be on when I did not do well on 10-30. Please, any input you could give would be greatly appreciated as I feel completely stuck. Thanks.

Hey FuzzyD...

For whatever reason, I didnt do well on the liquid V (vodka) and am at the moment pill splitting, but with long holds... -It took me a while to get ahead in healing, but the hold was worth it...

Just info..  Not sure your situation is the same...

Though unless having a to ic reaction, I do think the body prefers stability over changes...

Hope u find a way..

[43...]
If someone is having a toxic reaction what exactly would that entail? I mean I've been in tolerance wd so long that the meds have done nothing therapeutically for me for a long time but if it were a toxic reaction what exactly would that look like? I've read about people who don't process Klonopin properly and it builds up in their systems during a hold and it makes me wonder especially since updosing, holding for months and reinstating have done nothing for me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kl...]
    • [...]
    • [Mu...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Os...]
    • [El...]