Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I'm glad you still see some improvement, SG. So there is still hope to hang onto. Especially now that you are over those awful  :tickedoff: kidney stones!
  • Like 1

Hi ya friends,

Goodness SG - thanks for updating us on how you are progressing. several years ago when i was a baby buddy you were the first to help me out. you will always hold a special place in my heart!!

Got a quick question -  How can i treat a UTI? if i need an antibiotic - what is safe to take with valium? I know to stay away from Fluoroquinolones wh/ have been found to competitively displace benzodiazepines from benzodiazepine receptors which can precipitate acute withdrawal.  I truly only handle the zpack. will that work??? ( i need to call my doctor tomorrow and get some meds for this - im in a bit of pain and have tried to flush it out...)

thx  :smitten:

U r prob well aware... Cranberry juice(with low sugar) has been used for UTI with success...

-Though im not sure about its vitimins and WD...?

Kasey: I had a UTI a few times with my withdrawal and post withdrawal as well. I did fine on the antibiotic. No issues at all.  If the 'natural remedies' are not working you need to see your doctor and get an antibiotic as Badsocref said.    I think most of the doctors use Bactrum if I am not mistaken for UTI's.  If you don't want to take this one than be prepared to suggest another broad spectrum antibiotic that works. I end up on Bioxin (sp?) since I am allergic to almost everything else.    One thing i do is to make sure I eat yogurt every day so that I keep the good flora. You can also take a probiotic.  I would also suggest you not cut while you have this infection and give yourself some time to heal. No sense in stressing your body anymore. 

You will be fine.  Please don't stress about this - just take care of it.

By the way SG I thought you'd like to know that I decided to hold for now. We'll see what happens from here. I did a bunch of reading about CTing from AD's and found a lot of people would start off ok and then hit a wall which it appears is what may have happened to me but it happened right as I was starting some changes with my benzo so it was hard to tell what was doing what. After reading story after story of people getting smacked three, four, five, even six months after a CT from and AD I figure that's probably what happened to me. It is going to be so hard to hold and for how long???? I really want to thank you for all your help and thoughts on the subject.

Hugs and healing :hug:

It can take a long time to get rid of CT symptoms, but tapering over them can make matters worse so I think you are smart to hold. I am 49 months free and it is still a daily struggle. It is interesting to hear about all the accounts of delayed reactions to AD CT. Prior to my benzo taper I got off lexapro in six weeks with what I thought was little problem. Several months later my benzo taper got really bad. Was it really the lexapro? I'll never know. I'd like to have a do-over on the last six years. I blame medicine as much as I blame myself. It is preposterous that this is not addressed.

I would bet anything your prolonged w/d was caused by the fast taper and then immediate taper from the benzo. That's what happened to the woman on SA. It took almost six years and she is not yet fully healed but is very functional now.

It's so frustrating when this happens because you have no idea that the AD can cause w/d sxs. Most doctors don't even know and don't want to believe when they find out. I really feel for you SG. Then on top of that you had to go through kidney stones, ugh. You must be one strong person.

I have really enjoyed our discussions. They were very helpful.

Hugs :hug:

Mannose is something that tends to work for UTIs quite well in people who cant use antibiotics. The bacteria feed on the mannose molecules and as they feed they are flushed out. Its certainly safe and worth a try if antibiotics dont work or you cant get then at the moment. Any health food store should have it.

Thank you for all of your suggestions and help for this UTI. I am on bactrim, doing the Mannose, cranberry juice, vinegar water, yogurt....

You guys are a blessing to me! :smitten:

Has anyone started their DLMT in tolerance? I restarted my DLMT Wednesday (4 days ago) and I'm positive I'm in tolerance.  Just wondering if anyone had success with this while in tolerance - if sxs improved or not. I'm dying from nausea.

Dad were you in tolerance before you started taper? From my understanding once you've started tapering then you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

Has anyone started their DLMT in tolerance? I restarted my DLMT Wednesday (4 days ago) and I'm positive I'm in tolerance.  Just wondering if anyone had success with this while in tolerance - if sxs improved or not. I'm dying from nausea.

My wife had stomach problems when she tapered off K. the GI gave her doxepin and it went away.

My wife had stomach problems when she tapered off K. the GI gave her doxepin and it went away.

I tried hydroxyzine and I had side effects. I've come to the conclusion that less is more when it comes to meds.

And hydroxyzine helps me! Everyones systems are so different. I think sometimes we tend to lump ourselves together a lot because of the benzos- but everything else about each of us is so different- so many combinations of good things and trouble causing things. There is a whole lot of trial and error in this journey for most of us. And as for tolerance- probably most of us were in tolerance when we started our tapers but I too wonder if starting out as liquid would have made a difference. Im waiting till I get below 5 mg to switch over- preferably during a very good week with lots of distractions. Although I pretty much sublingual half my dose at bedtime anyway...

Dad: I had horrible nausea during my taper. I needed to take my doses with food that helped a bit. I also drank ginger tea - I made my own concoction because after reading a lot I realized I need to have 2 things plus the ginger, a bit of sugar, and lemon peel for the citrus.  So I use crystallized ginger with cane sugar in it (McCormick sells it but hard to find - and expensive - I get mine on Amazon), and then I add a large slice of lemon peel.  Steep it for at least 4 minutes. Don't drink too much because then it will have the opposite effect - one mug should be fine.

Nausea is a very common symptom of a benzo taper.  It disappeared when I started getting lower on my dose.  Benzos - the gift that keeps on giving - ugh!!!

Dad, I looked up Doxepin, got horribly sidetracked for hours... (for me), but you sprang to mind...

I left you a msg on one of your other threads...

:)

Hi

You forgot, "Geaux Tigers!"  :oops:

Yep, you're right! I should be shot for forgetting. My mind is still bummed because my LSU Tigers didn't even make it to the NCAA tournament this year  :'(  That's probably my biggest side effect (man, I wish).

Hugs, Gard!!

Jeff

Hi

You forgot, "Geaux Tigers!"  :oops:

Yep, you're right! I should be shot for forgetting. My mind is still bummed because my LSU Tigers didn't even make it to the NCAA tournament this year  :'(  That's probably my biggest side effect (man, I wish).

Hugs, Gard!!

Jeff

Well, we can just blame it on the benzos! What will we do one day when we don't have the benzos to blame? (Man, I wish. ::))

I am having anxiety and obsessive thoughts about this micro taper. I've made a few mistakes, am going very slow and am mostly ok. Then I read Ed's blog.  Slaying the dragon.  He did everything right. Jumped after a slow taper and is now in acute hell.  How and why does this happen to certain people? Do most valium dlmt land ok?

My heart goes out to him. I'm so confused because I thought if you do this slow daily taper it avoids acute at the end. Is valium the culprit?  It's almost like he went cold turkey after a year and a half. Is there any other precautions to take to avoid something like that?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kr...]
    • [No...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [hu...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Pe...]
    • [De...]
    • [En...]
    • [Bi...]