Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thank you from my heart pretty daisies it was severely bad  today..intolerable.....you've been very helpful... I can't cope anymore

I'm with others on here when saying that you never can tell if something is a paradoxical reaction or if it was just coming regardless. Many, many times I thought I was having a paradoxical reaction to a dose.  Even now though, I'm still not sure. This is tough stuff, but you will make it.

Best,

Ed

Hey Gang,  checking in haven't stopped by in a while.

Jr,  I see you jumped back in December,  congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Hey Gard, Sg, Jeff, Builder how you guys been?

The SharkenHeimer!!!! What up, dude!!??  You already know how I'm doing...my/our Tigers didn't even make the tournament. Bites!! Glad they finally got rid of Johnny Jones. What took those people so long? Anyway, nice to see your post on here.

I'll text you next week to let you know if I got the LSU coaching job...

Gotta geaux!

Jeff

Oh, here we geaux again! :laugh: :laugh:

When I was down to my last bit of Xanax , my doses became paradoxical. That is why I jumped off when I did. If you are still tapering and the doses become toxic , you may want to try a slight updose to see if that helps. Just saying.........

When I was down to my last bit of Xanax , my doses became paradoxical. That is why I jumped off when I did. If you are still tapering and the doses become toxic , you may want to try a slight updose to see if that helps. Just saying.........

That's interesting. Sounds like what happened at the very end of my trazodone taper. And I jumped, too.

I see you're all chatting about paradoxical reactions vs withdrawal sxs. I've been dealing with severe nausea for 12 days and I've been holding just as long. I'm starting to think it's because I'm not tapering and that I should start my DLMT again. Is it possible that with a small taper my body isn't recognizing that it's going down in dose and I'm having paradoxical or tolerance reaction?

The SharkenHeimer!!!! What up, dude!!??  You already know how I'm doing...my/our Tigers didn't even make the tournament. Bites!! Glad they finally got rid of Johnny Jones. What took those people so long? Anyway, nice to see your post on here.

Gotta geaux!

Jeff

Yeah, baby!! You got that right, Gard! By the way, what's a 'paradoxical reaction'? I did a quick Google search, but it wasn't clearly defined, so I just thought I'd ask. You can be my personal Google :)

Thanks!

Jeff

Gotta geaux!

Jeff

Yeah, baby!! You got that right, Gard! By the way, what's a 'paradoxical reaction'? I did a quick Google search, but it wasn't clearly defined, so I just thought I'd ask. You can be my personal Google :)

Thanks!

Jeff

I think it means the the drug has the opposite effect that the doctors/drug companies expect. Like trazodone is supposed to be sedating but at the very end of my taper it made me almost manic. Some people get the weird reaction right off the bat. I got mine at the end of my taper. Some people believe it is dose-dependent and could happen at any time during your taper, but I don't know about that. I've just heard people say it.

I think it means the the drug has the opposite effect that the doctors/drug companies expect. Like trazodone is supposed to be sedating but at the very end of my taper it made me almost manic. Some people get the weird reaction right off the bat. I got mine at the end of my taper. Some people believe it is dose-dependent and could happen at any time during your taper, but I don't know about that. I've just heard people say it.

That's correct.

I know a person who had a paradoxical reaction to a benzo the first time she took it. It immediately caused a panic attack. You would have thought the doctors would have recognized that but instead they put her on an SSRI to try to counter the panic attacks. She had a wild ride of it and is pretty much recovered a little over five years after she finished quickly "tapering" off of everything.

By the way SG I thought you'd like to know that I decided to hold for now. We'll see what happens from here. I did a bunch of reading about CTing from AD's and found a lot of people would start off ok and then hit a wall which it appears is what may have happened to me but it happened right as I was starting some changes with my benzo so it was hard to tell what was doing what. After reading story after story of people getting smacked three, four, five, even six months after a CT from and AD I figure that's probably what happened to me. It is going to be so hard to hold and for how long???? I really want to thank you for all your help and thoughts on the subject.

Hugs and healing :hug:

By the way SG I thought you'd like to know that I decided to hold for now. We'll see what happens from here. I did a bunch of reading about CTing from AD's and found a lot of people would start off ok and then hit a wall which it appears is what may have happened to me but it happened right as I was starting some changes with my benzo so it was hard to tell what was doing what. After reading story after story of people getting smacked three, four, five, even six months after a CT from and AD I figure that's probably what happened to me. It is going to be so hard to hold and for how long???? I really want to thank you for all your help and thoughts on the subject.

It can take a long time to get rid of CT symptoms, but tapering over them can make matters worse so I think you are smart to hold. I am 49 months free and it is still a daily struggle. It is interesting to hear about all the accounts of delayed reactions to AD CT. Prior to my benzo taper I got off lexapro in six weeks with what I thought was little problem. Several months later my benzo taper got really bad. Was it really the lexapro? I'll never know. I'd like to have a do-over on the last six years. I blame medicine as much as I blame myself. It is preposterous that this is not addressed.

It can take a long time to get rid of CT symptoms, but tapering over them can make matters worse so I think you are smart to hold. I am 49 months free and it is still a daily struggle. It is interesting to hear about all the accounts of delayed reactions to AD CT. Prior to my benzo taper I got off lexapro in six weeks with what I thought was little problem. Several months later my benzo taper got really bad. Was it really the lexapro? I'll never know. I'd like to have a do-over on the last six years. I blame medicine as much as I blame myself. It is preposterous that this is not addressed.

Amen! More than yourself! And lets not forget to blame the doctors who so freely prescribe things they know so little about. But they are the ones with the official initials after their names. The ones we were trained to trust.

I'm so sorry you are still suffering because of this. It is all so very, very wrong. :-[

Gotta geaux!

Jeff

Dude!  You are just joking about getting job here right??  That would be cool!  I have to admit I don't really follow basketball or baseball.  Especially now with my little ones.  Hope you doing well man!  Text me anytime!

Stay strong!

sharkey

when i was trying to taper from the klonopin (and even though i probably was going to fast) i had updosed on 5mg xanax i think it was and it caused my to have severe anxiety and hallucinations so that could of been a paradoxical effect.

Amen! More than yourself! And lets not forget to blame the doctors who so freely prescribe things they know so little about. But they are the ones with the official initials after their names. The ones we were trained to trust.

I'm so sorry you are still suffering because of this. It is all so very, very wrong. :-[

That's true...I blame the whole 'system' much more than I blame myself.  I trusted and made bad decisions trying to extract myself from the mess they got me into.  I blame the FDA, I blame the drug companies, I blame the doctors.  I would sue if I could.  I called 35 law firms and none of them would touch it...they like the low hanging fruit and big money.  The whole system is one big fat disgusting mess.

That's true...I blame the whole 'system' much more than I blame myself.  I trusted and made bad decisions trying to extract myself from the mess they got me into.  I blame the FDA, I blame the drug companies, I blame the doctors.  I would sue if I could.  I called 35 law firms and none of them would touch it...they like the low hanging fruit and big money.  The whole system is one big fat disgusting mess.

Well, that saves me the trouble of calling law firms. I tried one lawyer once on a related issue, and he said it would be impossible to prove. I know someone who has been working for months in the UK  trying to get the word out to the press, but it has exhausted her and there is little to show for it. The press only wants easy, sensational stories. She has said she has given her last interview. It's all so sad.

But at least we are here for each other and not alone.

Gard

Well, that saves me the trouble of calling law firms. I tried one lawyer once on a related issue, and he said it would be impossible to prove. I know someone who has been working for months in the UK  trying to get the word out to the press, but it has exhausted her and there is little to show for it. The press only wants easy, sensational stories. She has said she has given her last interview. It's all so sad.

Gard

Apparently, there is a lawyer in Texas who routinely takes benzo cases and typically wins by settlement. The catch is he requires up front money to cover his costs. He travels around the country, not just Texas. By the time I found out about him my statute of limitations had long since past, otherwise I would pursue it. Doctors need to be held accountable. Lawsuits are the only hope of stopping this. I think there's actually a lot of money to be made by lawyers, but they don't understand the problem. Their minds quickly default to 'drug addiction' and blaming the patient.

:thumbsup::hug:

Gard

Apparently, there is a lawyer in Texas who routinely takes benzo cases and typically wins by settlement. The catch is he requires up front money to cover his costs. He travels around the country, not just Texas. By the time I found out about him my statute of limitations had long since past, otherwise I would pursue it. Doctors need to be held accountable. Lawsuits are the only hope of stopping this. I think there's actually a lot of money to be made by lawyers, but they don't understand the problem. Their minds quickly default to 'drug addiction' and blaming the patient.

Hey SG,

Not that it matters at this point, SG, but what is the statute of limitations on this?

And friend, I'm massively sorry that you're still suffering after all this time. It truly, 100% sucks the big fat one, however, we DO appreciate and value all you do for us here on our behalf. As you know, I'm pulling hard for ya!!

Hoping and praying for better days for you.

Jeff

Gard

Well, I have no money so that counts me out.

Gard

Hey SG,

Not that it matters at this point, SG, but what is the statute of limitations on this?

And friend, I'm massively sorry that you're still suffering after all this time. It truly, 100% sucks the big fat one, however, we DO appreciate and value all you do for us here on our behalf. As you know, I'm pulling hard for ya!!

Jeff

I wonder, too. There's the "date of harm" and then there's the "date of discovery." Each state seems to have its own rules. I remember you posting that you still believed you were healing and would get your health back. If you now believe that you have permanent damage, your "date of discovery" would be after those posts. If you actually thought it would be worth the energy to pursue, that would be something to consider. I know I don't have the energy to pursue even if I had the money. I don't know if it would be worth it. The stress might make you so much worse. I would hate to see you go through so much stress. :(

The lawyer in Texas is Mike Mosher. There's some class actions being pursued in Canada and the lawyer there is trying to get united states lawyers involved. But in my opinion I think it's a lost cause. They cannot prove withdrawal. And a lot of us cannot even tell our doctors we are tapering because we can get cut off.  :tickedoff:

Hey SG,

Jeff

It varies by state, but is usually a few years.

The thing that really bothers me is the slow pace of recovery. It is unbelievably slow. It is scary, I have to admit, but I can see I am still improving.

Gard

Hey SG,

Jeff

I wonder, too. There's the "date of harm" and then there's the "date of discovery." Each state seems to have its own rules. I remember you posting that you still believed you were healing and would get your health back. If you now believe that you have permanent damage, your "date of discovery" would be after those posts. If you actually thought it would be worth the energy to pursue, that would be something to consider. I know I don't have the energy to pursue even if I had the money. I don't know if it would be worth it. The stress might make you so much worse. I would hate to see you go through so much stress. :(

That's all interesting.  Sad, but interesting. I don't remember ever posting that I was healing, but dammit, I'll take it!!

Hugs, sweet lady.

Jeff

Hey SG,

Jeff

It varies by state, but is usually a few years.

The thing that really bothers me is the slow pace of recovery. It is unbelievably slow. It is scary, I have to admit, but I can see I am still improving.

You're not kidding that it's slow. Crazy slow! If I taper any slower, I'll be going in reverse. It bums me out to think about the recovery after the taper, but I'm hoping that my slowness now will be a benefit in the future.

Hang in there, SG!

Jeff

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ca...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [In...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Re...]
    • [En...]