Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Plz someone HELP. Read my story. Give me some advice plzzzzz

The Roadback supplements actually were the only thing that did kinda help me when i was trying to taper even though i never was able to taper properly but still i don't think that anything can help except a slow micro taper.

hello micro tapering peeps,

how does one know if they're having an adverse reaction to a benzo like a valium or any other benzo's or if it's just the withdrawal symptoms? and does having defective genes make someone be paradoxocal to benzos?

thanks for any answers to this?

Set free, It would be helpful if you would update your signature. Your last update is over a year ago.

The is the Daily MT group. I'm sure someone here could help you do that if it's what you need/want to do now, but we don't have enough information to know what kind of help you need/want. Are you trying to do a daily MT?

Does anyone have any information about high altitude being a problem when tapering. I have gone no where in 1 year. Am planning to go to Denver then Estes park with elevation of 7500sf in 2 months.  The chamber mentioned altitude sickness, which causes anxiety and insomnia. I don't want to cause myself any more distress. Anyone ever travel there during tapering or know anything about this.  I'm about ready to cancel from fear.

I read your story and assume you crashed in Feb 2017 and up dosed to 1 mg. It may be time to cosider a slow daily taper.

Hey Gang,  checking in haven't stopped by in a while.

Jr,  I see you jumped back in December,  congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Hey Gard, Sg, Jeff, Builder how you guys been?

Setfree,

Hang in there!!  I remember the days when I thought this would never end and I felt like benzos had me and I would never be free.  It's a hard place to be.  It's gets better I promise!!  If I can do it, so can you.  Where are you at currently?  Maybe we can help.  Are you currently taking 1mg?

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi, Sharkey!

I am doing a slow-motion taper and doing OK.

Miss ya here! Hope you're doing well. How are the kiddos?

Gard :smitten:

I read your story and assume you crashed in Feb 2017 and up dosed to 1 mg. It may be time to cosider a slow daily taper.

Ah, I'll bet you're right, jr.  Was it 2017, SetFree?  If so, that was not long ago at all and you are still recovering. But hang in there. Don't push too hard. It will get better.

Hi, Sharkey!

Kiddos are great!  Love them little guys!!  They growing so darn fast.  :thumbsup:

Hi, Sharkey!

Kiddos are great!  Love them little guys!!  They growing so darn fast.  :thumbsup:

Give them a hug from me!  :hug:  :smitten: (I am still in my eternal wait to become a grandma. No hope in sight!)

how does one know if they're having an adverse reaction to a benzo like a valium or any other benzo's or if it's just the withdrawal symptoms? and does having defective genes make someone be paradoxocal to benzos?

i'll ask this again. or maybe someone like SG57 can help me with this question?

Hi everyone. I am new to this board. This is my 3rd time on Klonopin and it has not treated me very well this time. I have never felt good on it. I am presently doing 6% cut every 2 weeks or so but I may be interested in a dry micro taper. My question is - how much do I reduce a day and when will I know to hold if I don't feel great on it to begin with? This is such a hard process. Any help or info would be much appreciated! My first 2 tapers were a breeze! This time I have depressed feelings, some anxiety, just all the way around gross - not myself. Encouraging words welcomed.

Hi everyone. I am new to this board. This is my 3rd time on Klonopin and it has not treated me very well this time. I have never felt good on it. I am presently doing 6% cut every 2 weeks or so but I may be interested in a dry micro taper. My question is - how much do I reduce a day and when will I know to hold if I don't feel great on it to begin with? This is such a hard process. Any help or info would be much appreciated! My first 2 tapers were a breeze! This time I have depressed feelings, some anxiety, just all the way around gross - not myself. Encouraging words welcomed.

OK, you're at .289 g (by weight)

.289g X 6% = .017g

.017g/14 days=.0012g/day.

Since your scale only reads 3 places (.001) you will have to round down to .001g/day.  Thats about 5%/14 days.

Liquid is much easier.

Goodness, that is a tough question and good one! I really don't know how one can tell the difference. either way both scenarios are tue reasons and motivations to get off any benzo. Perhaps someone will have more knowledge in this area & can provide clarity.  :)

Yes, bit above me but iv wanted to know...

I wonder if adverse would tend to be more of an initial, reaction type thing, with more continuity???

Would there be markers that show in blood tests??

If one had defective genes, would the problems be there from the start, thus any problems consistent throughout initiation, time on medicine, and tapering... -thereby making it a moot point??

Conclusion:

Further studies needed... lol

Thank you Builder. That helps a ton. I would love to hear from any dry cut micro taperers if there are any out there. How is it going for you? Thanks!

I have been on a dry cut microtaper for 8 mos, down from 11mg to 6.8 mg or thereabouts. Its been up and down due to 16 years of use and a prior failed taper- but its so simple with the scale. I know I will switch to liquid once I get on a lower dose but for now since Im cutting off .001 a night or every other night its at least easy for me to keep track.

I wonder if adverse would tend to be more of an initial, reaction type thing, with more continuity???

If one had defective genes, would the problems be there from the start, thus any problems consistent throughout initiation, time on medicine, and tapering... -thereby making it a moot point??

Conclusion:

If you actually did have a genetic condition that caused an atypical response to your benzo, then that condition has influenced your response throughout your benzo use. 

Your taper experience will not be changed as a result of a condition that has always been present.

Conclusion:

If you actually did have a genetic condition that caused an atypical response to your benzo, then that condition has influenced your response throughout your benzo use. 

Your taper experience will not be changed as a result of a condition that has always been present.

Meaning regardless those sxs will be there anyway?

Conclusion:

This makes sense. I had an adverse drug reaction due to a genetic defect many years ago. I had my first symptoms the first day. They rapidly worsened and within 4 days I knew I had to stop the med. I suppose it might not be that fast for everyone, but I would think it would show up pretty quickly.

On the other hand, I had a weird experience with another med. I was slowly tapering it and when I got to a very low level, suddenly I became hypomanic. I had never been manic in my life. Have always been a slow, tired type of person. At the time, I was exhausted from lack of sleep but couldn't stop walking. I walked until I had blisters. The doctor said just jump, so I did and the symptoms vanished. Weird.

Meaning regardless those sxs will be there anyway?

...meaning if you have genetic condition that influences how you respond to benzos, you have been experiencing it from the beginning of your benzo use.  It won't make your taper any different.

Hey Gang,  checking in haven't stopped by in a while.

Jr,  I see you jumped back in December,  congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

Hey Gard, Sg, Jeff, Builder how you guys been?

The SharkenHeimer!!!! What up, dude!!??  You already know how I'm doing...my/our Tigers didn't even make the tournament. Bites!! Glad they finally got rid of Johnny Jones. What took those people so long? Anyway, nice to see your post on here.

I'll text you next week to let you know if I got the LSU coaching job...

Gotta geaux!

Jeff

...meaning if you have genetic condition that influences how you respond to benzos, you have been experiencing it from the beginning of your benzo use.  It won't make your taper any different.

Goodness, that is a tough question and good one! I really don't know how one can tell the difference. either way both scenarios are tue reasons and motivations to get off any benzo. Perhaps someone will have more knowledge in this area & can provide clarity.  :)

i was asking this question for you pleasebehere, about the difference between an adverse reaction to benzo's/being paradoxical or whether it's just plain horrible withdrawal symptoms? i remember when i was trying to taper and i also felt like the benzo's were killing me and having an adverse reaction even though i was always tapering too fast. but now looking back, i know it was all the withdrawal symptoms for me. i can't say how it is for anyone else and anything is possible. i wish there was a way we could just know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Br...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Le...]