Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I've updosed to my last stable dose but I'm struggling a lot still... the nausea is completely unbearable. I open my eyes and the hell begins. I'm frustrated beyond belief that such tiny little cuts have sent me into such hell. We've already decided that when I start tapering again that it'll be slower than I was before.  I was so excited and hopeful when I started DLMT because of all the great things we've read. I'm at 3 days of this updose and just looking for some comfort that I'll stabilize, hopefully soon, and that when I resume my taper I'll be able to actually do it.

Does it still take 4 days with liquid klonopin for the body to recognize the updose?

3-4 days would be about normal.

The updose group is suggesting that I hold for months to get stable after that tiny cut. I'm freaking out that I went from fairly stable and function one week to now having to hold for months because of the screw up I did. Months for .012mg. That's pretty crappy! Is that true or do you think since it was so small of a dose change that Ill stabilize sooner?

Does it still take 4 days with liquid klonopin for the body to recognize the updose?

i cut too much during my taper and updosed. it took a little over 2 weeks for my side effects to calm down.

Jr- were you cutting too much daily and sxs crept in or did you make a bigger cut like I did that set you back?

I was stupid and took a 25% cut because I was feeling so good. ten days later it all went to pieces.

25% in one day? Or over a week or something? Sounds like something I would have done previously.

I was doing dry and couldnt get my scales to weigh lower , so I decided to go from 4 doses to three for 2 weeks and see what happened. well it didnt take two weeks to go all to pieces. . so I up dosed and held for about 3 weeks and started a DLMT.

How long could I expect an updose on valium to take hold?

How long a cut or an up dose takes is totally an individual reaction. We all process these drugs differently. Valium has a long half life and it may take some time.

The updose group is suggesting that I hold for months to get stable after that tiny cut. I'm freaking out that I went from fairly stable and function one week to now having to hold for months because of the screw up I did. Months for .012mg. That's pretty crappy! Is that true or do you think since it was so small of a dose change that Ill stabilize sooner?

Hey Dad... -when i said possibly hold for months not weeks, CONSIDERING... I wasnt just talking about the few liquid cuts... I was talking about your COMPLETE history as I know it, from December to now...

How long could I expect an updose on valium to take hold?

For me - When I catch it right away, I can generally do a tiny updose and notice improvement within  24 hours, by day 7 i am generally back to my basline. if I do not adjust it quickly, i find that it requires a larger updose  not to exceed the amount I was last stable on.  :thumbsup:

Is it normal for sxs to be terrible one day and then manageable the next and back to terrible the next day?

It is as normal as breathing oxygen.  I never knew anything else.

I've lost all hope.... I'm on the edge of losing my sanity.

Dad, This is my opinion as I am not a dr. But from 10-27 to 01-24 you have cut 42 % of your meds. while this is only 15% a month, it may be faster than your system can tolerate. I suggest you go back to 1mg and hold till you feel better. do not lose hope because as surely as you are suffering today , tomorrow may be bright and sunny. When you are stable, I would think a DLMT would be the way to get off the last 1mg. Tiny daily cuts are more forgiving . Also, assess your depression and possibly increase the celexa by 10mg. When I jumped the depression was brutal.

I was going to say the same thing Jr. By looking at your signature you have cut fast. I know that the 10% every two weeks or whatever is the common amount, however, I know there's no way on this earth, I could go that fast. Could it be all the cuts added up? I believe you need to look at the big picture here. As far as updosing I can't give advice what you should do, but I know, bataid told my friend that updosing sometimes it gets worse before it gets better and people expect immediate relief and they don't hold long enough. There is no normal in this situation. What took someone a couple of days to feel stabilized, may take others much longer. You also tapered off something else before this, can't remember, that's another change. In my opinion and from what I have seen is not everyone's whole history is taken into account and that matters more than anything. Big cuts add up. Whatever decision you make, as far as updosing or whatever, I believe a hold is necessary. It could be that the mistake you made the other day might not even be the problem. It could be you've gone too fast and hit a wall. Just my opinion. I hope you feel better soon. Just noticed you were on 4.5 mgs k in July of last year??

See I think I had stabilized from those cuts with my previous hold of over a month. I started tapering bc I was feeling better and the first week of my dlmt I was doing so good. So I don't know if it's the previous cuts still.

The sxs didn't ramp up until I made the accidental double cut.

Does anyone know why 100ml graduated cylinders,are not consistent in their measurements. I just bought a 3rd and all three don't line up. Bought a plastic one for potential travel and it has much smaller increments.

Dad Well if you feel the accident you made caused the problem, and not how fast you've gone, then you just have to get it some time. How long that is, is up to your body. Nobody can say ok this many days is normal. Bataid like I said told my friend sometimes updosing can make things worse before they get better. And that people do not hold long enough. And the idea is not to updose too much. But you just have to give it a little time. This was the advice given to my friend by bataid. You can call them. It's an international call but they give free advice. Bataid.org

Starting about 4 nites ago, my brain scrambled . I liquefy 1 mg and use the spreadsheet. Last nite I felt those cramps and realized I drank what I should have tossed. Did this for about 3 nights resulting in a less,than 5% cut in 3 days. Through guidance from SG, I went back to the point I screwed up and now will hold AGAIN til this smoothes over.  Has anyone done this? Did it rectify within a few days?

Does anyone know why 100ml graduated cylinders,are not consistent in their measurements. I just bought a 3rd and all three don't line up. Bought a plastic one for potential travel and it has much smaller increments.

I wrote karter scientific about the accuracy of their cylinders. They responded that there's variations in the graduated intervals, forgot the range, and I wrote them back and they said my 100 ml cylinder could be 98 ml's or 102 mls. As builder and bad explained, as long as you use same one throughout doesn't matter if they're off that little bit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [be...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [be...]
    • [ca...]
    • [in...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [hu...]