Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

[  what? then what are they talking about? i swear if i get one more contradiction. also one said ora plus and glycerin i forgot to put. but one said they get pure klonopin powder from ppga (initials probably wrong)? i remember one post saying that a bottle of the ora plus would last much longer than one poster expected. is it possible to use ora plus with the tablets? or do you need the pure powder like the compounder said they used?

"General Directions For Compounding ORA-SWEET*/ORA-PLUS Suspensions

[Ora-Sweet is an optional flavoring]

• Calculate the total amount of active ingredient and volume of solution needed to

create a suspension of the proper concentration. (Calculations are provided in the

examples above.) It may be wise to add approximately 10% overage for compound-

ing losses.

Crush tablets with a mortar and pestle to a fine powder. If the compound is

already in the powder form, use the mortar and pestle to smooth out the powder.

• Add a small amount of Ora-Plus and triturate to a thick, smooth paste. Add the

remainder of Ora-Plus by geometric dilution. The amount of Ora-Plus should be

50% of the total solution.

• Bring the suspension to a final volume using Ora-Sweet*. Mix briefly with a mor-

tar and pestle until a uniform suspension is formed. [Ora-Sweet is an optional flavoring]

• Dispense in a tight, light resistant amber bottle with appropriate labeling.

• Label with an expiration date. If the stability of the medication in an oral suspen-

sion or syrup is unknown, conservative dating is suggested.

•Depending on the medicinal agent used, label containers "Shake Well Before

Using," "Protect From Light," and "Keep Refrigerated."

"http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3068-pharmaceutical-liquids-to-make-suspensions/

Nope, not for Seroquel. Can't afford Ora Plus and nothing I can find will dissolve Seroquel. (Evil drug.) So I use a water titration method Anne taught me by making a video for me to show me how to crush and suspend Q in water then draw it up very quickly.

It would not surprise me if either PG or alcohol will dissolve Seroquel, but we were unable to determine that from info on the Web. Just an idea - you could try emailing or calling generic drug companies who make it and ask what dissolves it, if you wanted to dissolve it. It sounds like your current method is working, but I wanted to mention this.

That's an interesting thought. They probably do know. But would they tell me....?

[  what? then what are they talking about? i swear if i get one more contradiction. also one said ora plus and glycerin i forgot to put. but one said they get pure klonopin powder from ppga (initials probably wrong)? i remember one post saying that a bottle of the ora plus would last much longer than one poster expected. is it possible to use ora plus with the tablets? or do you need the pure powder like the compounder said they used?

• Calculate the total amount of active ingredient and volume of solution needed to

create a suspension of the proper concentration. (Calculations are provided in the

ing losses.

• Add a small amount of Ora-Plus and triturate to a thick, smooth paste. Add the

• Bring the suspension to a final volume using Ora-Sweet*. Mix briefly with a mor-

tar and pestle until a uniform suspension is formed. [Ora-Sweet is an optional flavoring]

• Label with an expiration date. If the stability of the medication in an oral suspen-

"http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/3068-pharmaceutical-liquids-to-make-suspensions/

Just to throw in helpful hint, I originally used a mortar and pestle I had in my kitchen, which was a mistake. It was porous even though it was stone. Got some funky flavors and interactions from previous spices I had used in it even though I had cleaned it thoroughly. After some research, I decide on a new one made of glass. I think porcelain is also safe.

Quetiapine

Solubility in water 3.29 mg/mL (20 °C

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine

Wow! How did you find that? I read that whole article and didn't see it until you pointed it out. But I don't see a citation, so I wonder where that figure came from. Or perhaps I am blind to citations, too. :(

Wiki frequently show the physical properties of drugs in a table on the right hand of the page.  That's where that info was.

ing losses.

thank you builder. im gonna research it. i have no idea how id make the cuts and all that and how much it would be a month to use it. ill research. thank you.

ing losses.

Just to throw in helpful hint, I originally used a mortar and pestle I had in my kitchen, which was a mistake. It was porous even though it was stone. Got some funky flavors and interactions from previous spices I had used in it even though I had cleaned it thoroughly. After some research, I decide on a new one made of glass. I think porcelain is also safe.

thanks gard i actually ordered a mortar and pestle in the beginning of this and it said porcelain but when i got it the pestle was like a cement type material at the bottom so there was no way i could use it. it was a really cheap one. they have stainless steel ones. those would definitely be smooth. if i go this route ill have to order another set.

Quetiapine

Wow! How did you find that? I read that whole article and didn't see it until you pointed it out. But I don't see a citation, so I wonder where that figure came from. Or perhaps I am blind to citations, too. :(

Wiki frequently show the physical properties of drugs in a table on the right hand of the page.  That's where that info was.

Do you think wiki is generally reliable these days? I remember when it was considered the wild, wild west. I haven't really kept up with the debate, so I'm not sure what to think.

ing losses.

thanks gard i actually ordered a mortar and pestle in the beginning of this and it said porcelain but when i got it the pestle was like a cement type material at the bottom so there was no way i could use it. it was a really cheap one. they have stainless steel ones. those would definitely be smooth. if i go this route ill have to order another set.

I like my glass one. Very smooth. And not a speck porous. 

This is what I got. It was bigger than I thought it would be, but it turned out to work pretty well for me. From the directions above, you might need a bigger one. I'm only mixing one day's worth at a time because Q is not stable in water. (I think!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PYVJ4O8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quetiapine

Do you think wiki is generally reliable these days? I remember when it was considered the wild, wild west. I haven't really kept up with the debate, so I'm not sure what to think.

Very probably a spec from AstraZeneca.  It's probably in of those 75 or so footnotes, but I think I'll just take Wiki's word for it.

ing losses.

This is what I got. It was bigger than I thought it would be, but it turned out to work pretty well for me. From the directions above, you might need a bigger one. I'm only mixing one day's worth at a time because Q is not stable in water. (I think!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PYVJ4O8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

oh I like that one! Thank you gard! :)

Quetiapine

Very probably a spec from AstraZeneca.  It's probably in of those 75 or so footnotes, but I think I'll just take Wiki's word for it.

Thanks.

ing losses.

oh I like that one! Thank you gard! :)

Here's their 8oz size. And they come even bigger. I'm not sure what size you will need.

https://www.amazon.com/Capsuline-8oz-Glass-Mortar-Pestle/dp/B00F3KFECQ/ref=pd_sbs_121_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00F3KFECQ&pd_rd_r=3D5627DM8NHP331G7NGD&pd_rd_w=AcGd4&pd_rd_wg=Fiqve&psc=1&refRID=3D5627DM8NHP331G7NGD

[c3...]
Just curious to know if some people are dissolving their pills into oil instead of alcohol, PG, milk, water...  If so, do you drink the oil straight or mix it with something (like a smoothie)??

Just curious to know if some people are dissolving their pills into oil instead of alcohol, PG, milk, water...  If so, do you drink the oil straight or mix it with something (like a smoothie)??

when I called a bunch of compounding pharmacies to pick their brains to see what liquid they used, one said an Almond oil base. What the entails i have no idea.

I'm feeling frustrated again. I tapered .00095mg for three days and on day three I woke up with really bad sxs. Now I'm going to have to hold again after only tapering .00285mg  :tickedoff: I feel like this is going to take the rest of my life to get off of.

I really thought that going this slow would be a cinch! I was really happy when yesterday I was still at my baseline. Well, this is what a sxs based taper looks like I guess. I hope I don't have to hold too long though. I feel like that's all I'm doing is holding.

Sorry for the rant.

I hope the rest of you can figure out your tapers and go at a decent rate!

Hugs and healing.  :hug:

I'm feeling frustrated again. I tapered .00095mg for three days and on day three I woke up with really bad sxs. Now I'm going to have to hold again after only tapering .00285mg  :tickedoff: I feel like this is going to take the rest of my life to get off of.

I really thought that going this slow would be a cinch! I was really happy when yesterday I was still at my baseline. Well, this is what a sxs based taper looks like I guess. I hope I don't have to hold too long though. I feel like that's all I'm doing is holding.

Sorry for the rant.

Tntd, dont b sorry, that would have been so disappointing, not nice at all... lets hope, demand even, that you are back to baseline tomorrow... :)

Best wishes...

Sorry for the rant.

Take all the time you need to taper. Tapering is really the easy part, Jumping is the hard!

Sorry for the rant.

Take all the time you need to taper. Tapering is really the easy part, Jumping is the hard!

Yikes, jr, that sounds ominous! :o

Hey guys! I have been doing my dlmt since last week.  Things were going ok and then I accidentally dropped twice as much as I was supposed to on Saturday and yesterday and today my sxs are up. I'm pretty anxious and on the edge today. I'm assuming I should hold where I'm at for a day or two? Is this normal with a mess up like that?

Hey guys! I have been doing my dlmt since last week.  Things were going ok and then I accidentally dropped twice as much as I was supposed to on Saturday and yesterday and today my sxs are up. I'm pretty anxious and on the edge today. I'm assuming I should hold where I'm at for a day or two? Is this normal with a mess up like that?

I've done it and just hold for a few days.  :)--V

I've done it and just hold for a few days.  :)--V

Did your sxs increase too after?

Very normal! I would up dose to what I was supposed to be taking and then hold. As long as we are tapering ,we can maintain a slight bit of control over our side effects. It is not uncommon to cut too much. I done it myself more than once.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [...]
    • [Po...]
    • [bi...]
    • [mc...]
    • [...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [jo...]