Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Do y'all mean Karter Scientific graduated cylinders? I have been using them for my whole liquid taper with no trouble. I now have 3 of the 100ml size and they all measure exactly the same as each other. I don't know if they are 100% accurate (probably not) but they sure are consistent.

Do y'all mean Karter Scientific graduated cylinders? I have been using them for my whole liquid taper with no trouble. I now have 3 of the 100ml size and they all measure exactly the same as each other. I don't know if they are 100% accurate (probably not) but they sure are consistent.

I'm gonna get one, bad and builder clarified the email for me. My brain couldn't comprehend it. What a surprise. :)

Do not hold precision as so dear. For the first tear of my taper, I crushed my non-homogenous pills into a powder and weighed my doses on a $20 gemini scale reducing .001g at a time. As long as you are consistently lowering your dose, you will be fine.

Do not hold precision as so dear. For the first tear of my taper, I crushed my non-homogenous pills into a powder and weighed my doses on a $20 gemini scale reducing .001g at a time. As long as you are consistently lowering your dose, you will be fine.

I might have said this before, but...

Consistency is more important than accuracy!

I might have said this before, but...

Consistency is more important than accuracy!

Really? Did I miss that?? :o

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm kind of new to BB.  How do I follow this particular support group.  Im about to begin a SLOW liquid diazepam taper after a 4 week disaster of coming off too fast.  Im overwhelmed and scared to death because I now know the power of withdrawals and I don't really know what to do.  I just reinstated last night to 5mg of diazepam.  Im guessing I have to stabilize before tapering because I still feel weird but no where near what I was.  I have my brain back.

I'm kind of new to BB.  How do I follow this particular support group.  Im about to begin a SLOW liquid diazepam taper after a 4 week disaster of coming off too fast.  Im overwhelmed and scared to death because I now know the power of withdrawals and I don't really know what to do.  I just reinstated last night to 5mg of diazepam.  Im guessing I have to stabilize before tapering because I still feel weird but no where near what I was.  I have my brain back.

Yes, stabilize and give it time.  Be generous with time.  Don't taper until you feel good and ready.  This is about caring for the health of you brain/CNS, not drug withdrawal.

[82...]

Once you post to the thread, you're on it for life or until you delete your account (seriously).  So welcome to the thread!

Pooky - as Sg and Bad have said, taking care of your self  is key & you are doing that by reinstating and stabilizing. You have a good plan, after you have settled into your baseline of 5mg, then you may want to begin the MT. Remember - slow and steady is best. It takes along time for our brains to 'heal', adjust to not having the benzo. As you may have noticed by reading past post - Many on here are very gifted with walking you thru a MT & they are quite generous with their time and support for you. You are not alone, we will encourage you all the way.  :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard, Pooky! Yes, you're stuck with us now. Another good place to be stuck is on the Long Hold thread where people hang out who are recovering from cutting too fast.

Do you know about the "show new replies to your posts" link at the top of the page and the "new" button? Keeps me from getting lost!

Gard

I can't remember who pointed it out to me. It was someone on this thread. I said, "What orange button?" And the person had to convince me it was there! Benzo brains unite! :laugh:

Welcome Pooky...

Gard, -BG and yourself shoul run a weekly tutorial class...!!!

Thanks for the NEW tip... :)

Hi everyone... Hope all are doing ok...

I am holding for a while...

But if anyone has info on fat content etc, for Almond milk, and if the supermarket stuff is ok... That would be appreciated...

Cheers...

Welcome Pooky...

But if anyone has info on fat content etc, for Almond milk, and if the supermarket stuff is ok... That would be appreciated...

Cheers...

hey Cantfly I think you're in Australia right if my brain can remember? I looked silk Almond milk, on silks website. I'm not sure if you have silk brand there. One of them has 2 grams fat per serving. It was recommended to me needed 8.5 grams fat homogenized. But I know someone who uses the cashew milk by silk and according to website its only 2 mgs fat per serving. Do you have silk there?

Welcome Pooky...

Cheers...

oh and I did some studying on the making of milk at a creamery here in the US (whoever thought I would be doing that  :laugh:) but the homogenization process is what breaks up the fat microscopically and evenly distributes it through the milk. So the fat is all throughout the milk, benzos being fat soluble that's the idea behind it. :) milk is what I plan to taper off the rest of my k with.

Thanks Hope, i will see when out next...

Yes, i must get my lipids right...

Cant drink dairy...

Ta..

I did see a man use rice milk on here somewhere.

Thanks Hope, the Almond milk from our supermarket is less than 1% total fat, and a sip made me gag... -next option lol...

There will be a way, even if i have to Suspend in water...

Micro or bust.. Im not licking fingers for dust... -thats an opiate thing... :)

Cant, Could you use vodka or propylene glycol?

Nooooo... sorry...  I just tried, with the nicest of vodka... updosed, held, Tried...

But its the alcohol and me personally... a mis spent youth... best described as an allergic reaction i guess... same, same for 20 odd years... thought i would have grown out of it for 2ml per dose and a litre of water... (infact i didnt even consider it prior)

I asked about PG at chemist, but no luck, and i havnt noticed a description of it here... -Perhaps if someone has the time, -is it like alcohol? Or...??

No rush, i will be holding for a while yet...

But on a good note, I think i had my first micro window today!!! Yay..

Cant, Could you use vodka or propylene glycol?

Nooooo... sorry...  I just tried, with the nicest of vodka... updosed, held, Tried...

But its the alcohol and me personally... a mis spent youth... best described as an allergic reaction i guess... same, same for 20 odd years... thought i would have grown out of it for 2ml per dose and a litre of water... (infact i didnt even consider it prior)

I asked about PG at chemist, but no luck, and i havnt noticed a description of it here... -Perhaps if someone has the time, -is it like alcohol? Or...??

No rush, i will be holding for a while yet...

But on a good note, I think i had my first micro window today!!! Yay..

Here is the PG that I use.  PG is found in all sort of meds, cosmetics, foods.....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005PZBRUC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488034378&sr=8-1&keywords=pg&dpPl=1&dpID=41tPf4r1-bL&ref=plSrch

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [El...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [st...]
    • [Mh...]
    • [Li...]
    • [je...]
    • [le...]
    • [fa...]