Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi Sharkey,

I'm new to this benzo taper stuff but have decided, like you, that micro tapers may be best to gradually give the brain time to readjust. Am I understanding that you were on Clonazepam, 2mg a day for about 7 years? If so, this gives me great hope because your taper was completed in less than a year. What success!  I was on Xanax for 30 years then 5 mos. ago put on Clonazepam 1mg two times a day and I am terrified to get started. I could use the input, encouragement, knowledge and tips from you and there's here. I am extremely grateful of all input!

Hi Mellow! Knock it out of the park. You can do it!! Great people here to help. Actually, I didn't realize that Sharkey was ever on that big of a dose and for that long. I connect with him via phone on occasion, so I'll have to ask. Can't believe I don't know that. He's a great guy. I was thinking he was only on the K for a year or so. My brain probably lost that info the day I got it!

Hang tight!

Jeff

You actually TALK to the mighty Sharkey, guru of the micro taper!???:o Now I will have to bow and pay homage to you whenever you come on to the thread, Jeff!  :laugh:

Gard :smitten:

Okay.  So, I am on day 6 of my DLMT of valium.  I was taking 4 uneven doses.  I know take 3 even doses and the loud from that fourth dose is evenly distributed though those three.  I take a total of 15mg pills and 5mg liquid.  Every day, my symptoms have gotten worse.  Worsening anxiety, heart palps, tachycardia, nausea, weak, exhaustion (probably from the panic attacks) etc.  I could not updose when I switched to liquid because I don't think my doc would do it.  However, my symptoms start about 3-4 hours before my next dose.  So, right in between my 8hr doses.  It is a struggle to make it to the next dosing time.  Does this sound normal for switching from 4 to 3 doses AND doing liquid (even if it is only ¼  of my total dose?  I do meditation, mindfulness, I try to distract.  This is just getting worse.  Is this par for the course?  I know I'm supposed to hold for 2-4 weeks to adjust.  Do these symptoms sound normal for what I have done?  My period is going to start soon (sorry guys for the TMI) and I am always 10x more symptomatic during that time anyway. 

I guess I just need reassurance that this is normal and will go away.  I will hold until I feel better.  I felt more stable on the 4 uneven doses.  I want to be sure I made the best decision and this is par for the course.  I have severe health anxiety, but luckily, meditation is helping with that and deep breathing and mindfulness. 

Any insight or advice is appreciated.  Thank you. 

Okay.  So, I am on day 6 of my DLMT of valium.  I was taking 4 uneven doses.  I know take 3 even doses and the loud from that fourth dose is evenly distributed though those three.  I take a total of 15mg pills and 5mg liquid.  Every day, my symptoms have gotten worse.  Worsening anxiety, heart palps, tachycardia, nausea, weak, exhaustion (probably from the panic attacks) etc.  I could not updose when I switched to liquid because I don't think my doc would do it.  However, my symptoms start about 3-4 hours before my next dose.  So, right in between my 8hr doses.  It is a struggle to make it to the next dosing time.  Does this sound normal for switching from 4 to 3 doses AND doing liquid (even if it is only ¼  of my total dose?  I do meditation, mindfulness, I try to distract.  This is just getting worse.  Is this par for the course?  I know I'm supposed to hold for 2-4 weeks to adjust.  Do these symptoms sound normal for what I have done?  My period is going to start soon (sorry guys for the TMI) and I am always 10x more symptomatic during that time anyway. 

I guess I just need reassurance that this is normal and will go away.  I will hold until I feel better.  I felt more stable on the 4 uneven doses.  I want to be sure I made the best decision and this is par for the course.  I have severe health anxiety, but luckily, meditation is helping with that and deep breathing and mindfulness. 

hi what liquid are you using? did you switch your dose amounts and started the liquid at the same time?

hi what liquid are you using? did you switch your dose amounts and started the liquid at the same time?

Yes, I switched doses and switched one of my 5mg pills to liquid by using 3ml of PG and 497ml of water and doing ⅓ with each dose.  I take 20mg total a day. 

Hi Sharkey,

I'm new to this benzo taper stuff but have decided, like you, that micro tapers may be best to gradually give the brain time to readjust. Am I understanding that you were on Clonazepam, 2mg a day for about 7 years? If so, this gives me great hope because your taper was completed in less than a year. What success!  I was on Xanax for 30 years then 5 mos. ago put on Clonazepam 1mg two times a day and I am terrified to get started. I could use the input, encouragement, knowledge and tips from you and there's here. I am extremely grateful of all input!

Hi Mellow! Knock it out of the park. You can do it!! Great people here to help. Actually, I didn't realize that Sharkey was ever on that big of a dose and for that long. I connect with him via phone on occasion, so I'll have to ask. Can't believe I don't know that. He's a great guy. I was thinking he was only on the K for a year or so. My brain probably lost that info the day I got it!

Hang tight!

Jeff

You actually TALK to the mighty Sharkey, guru of the micro taper!???:o Now I will have to bow and pay homage to you whenever you come on to the thread, Jeff!  :laugh:

Well, if you remember Miss Gard, the Sharkey-Meister and I both went to LSU, so we're both die-hard loyal Tiger fans. Geaux Tigers!! Yowza :)

Jeff

Hi Sharkey,

Hang tight!

Jeff

Well, if you remember Miss Gard, the Sharkey and I both went to LSU, so we're both die-hard loyal Tiger fans. Geaux Tigers!! Yowza :)

Jeff

Ah, how could I forget? Well, that was a dumb question! I forget everything! :idiot:

Hi Sharkey,

you went to LSU??? im born and raised new orleans. when i talked to sharkey a few times i know hes from louisiana too. im not sure what part. are you from louisiana? nicole

Hang tight!

Jeff

Well, if you remember Miss Gard, the Sharkey-Meister and I both went to LSU, so we're both die-hard loyal Tiger fans. Geaux Tigers!! Yowza :)

Jeff

Hi Sharkey,

Hang tight!

Jeff

Jeff

i posted wrong. youre from louisiana?? im born and raised new orleans. i spoke to sharkey a few times and knew he was from louisiana wasnt sure what part. awesome you went to LSU! so i guess you hate tulane  :laugh: nicole

Yes, I switched doses and switched one of my 5mg pills to liquid by using 3ml of PG and 497ml of water and doing ⅓ with each dose.  I take 20mg total a day.

maybe switching your doses around and starting liquid at the same time revved you up some.

maybe switching your doses around and starting liquid at the same time revved you up some.

Do all of the symptoms.sound normal?  I feel far worse than before I switched to liquid.  As i said, it is only day 6.  I am an ultrarapid metabolizer of valium and also a slow enzyme metabolizer. So I don't know if that matters.  I've never cut valium, as I switched from Ativan (which I cut too quickly and it caught up!). I just want to be sure that these are normal and I should hold the course or if I should try to go back to what I was doing?  I'm completely new to the DLMT. 

Do all of the symptoms.sound normal?  I feel far worse than before I switched to liquid.  As i said, it is only day 6.  I am an ultrarapid metabolizer of valium and also a slow enzyme metabolizer. So I don't know if that matters.  I've never cut valium, as I switched from Ativan (which I cut too quickly and it caught up!). I just want to be sure that these are normal and I should hold the course or if I should try to go back to what I was doing?  I'm completely new to the DLMT.

i am still in holding considering how to pursue the rest of my taper. the jury is still out about why people sometimes feel symptoms from changing to liquid and some dont. ive asked every person i can find. it does seem to be a common thing. however its suggested as the way to get off a  lot. so still trying to make up my mind if i want to go that route. but many people seem to use it as a method to get off. some of have symptoms from the change some dont. however if you did any type of dose changes meaning switch from 3 to 4 or whatever that could be adding to symptoms. every change we make affects us. if you go to the titration board im sure builder will have a response about the change to liquid. hope you feel better. :)

i am still in holding considering how to pursue the rest of my taper. the jury is still out about why people sometimes feel symptoms from changing to liquid and some dont. ive asked every person i can find. it does seem to be a common thing. however its suggested as the way to get off a  lot. so still trying to make up my mind if i want to go that route. but many people seem to use it as a method to get off. some of have symptoms from the change some dont. however if you did any type of dose changes meaning switch from 3 to 4 or whatever that could be adding to symptoms. every change we make affects us. if you go to the titration board im sure builder will have a response about the change to liquid. hope you feel better. :)

I can try that.  Thanks. 

I can try that.  Thanks.

heres the titration board:    http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

I can try that.  Thanks.

I was very paranoid about switching to liquid. So when that time came, I done an up dose and then started the liquid. It went fairly smooth. I think when I first started, I held the same dose for 5 days

the jury is still out about why people sometimes feel symptoms from changing to liquid and some dont. ive asked every person i can find. it does seem to be a common thing. however its suggested as the way to get off a  lot. so still trying to make up my mind if i want to go that route. but many people seem to use it as a method to get off. some of have symptoms from the change some dont. however if you did any type of dose changes meaning switch from 3 to 4 or whatever that could be adding to symptoms. every change we make affects us. if you go to the titration board im sure builder will have a response about the change to liquid. hope you feel better. :)

Well, I put this together a while back when I pointed out that the folks on Benzo Detox Recovery, which was basically daily liquid taper forum, never complained about having any problems with liquid.

Everyone here wants to ignore a very logical explanation, and try to find a completely illogical one.

So here goes...

This  will piss some folks off (but a lot of my posts do). 

BB is a scary, doom-and-gloom forum.  New folks post almost every day that what see here  scares them to death.  It causes panic, terror, anxiety, etc.    I get PMs asking if all the horror stories could be true. The vast majority of posts on BB talk about misery and sufferering. 

We actually have seperate forums to share dozens of different sxs.We have forums about dizziness, hair loss, digestive disorders, urinary disorders, sleep disorders,  de-personalization/de-realization, lonliness, weight loss/weight gain, panic disorders.  We have discussions about conditions that don't appear in any literature, except here on BB.

Benzo Detox Recovery was about recovery...about getting off of benzos.

Hi Sharkey,

you went to LSU??? im born and raised new orleans. when i talked to sharkey a few times i know hes from louisiana too. im not sure what part. are you from louisiana? nicole

Hang tight!

Jeff

Jeff

Hey Nicole. I just now saw somewhere up in the post where you asked if I'm from NOLA. Sorry I missed it earlier. Yep, grew up there then graduated from LSU. I get to NOLA and Baton Rouge fairly often to catch a Tiger's game, JazzFest, etc. Miss my Tigers and the great food!! Sharkey is from BR. I'm glad to know we got a NOLA girl here on BB. Take care!!

Hi Sharkey,

Hang tight!

Jeff

Jeff

Hey Nicole. I just now saw somewhere up in the post where you asked if I'm from NOLA. Sorry I missed it earlier. Yep, grew up there then graduated from LSU. I get to NOLA and Baton Rouge fairly often to catch a Tiger's game, JazzFest, etc. Miss my Tigers and the great food!! Sharkey is from BR. I'm glad to know we got a NOLA girl here on BB. Take care!!

awesome! i never asked sharkey where he was from but was happy to see he was from louisiana. yes NOLA all the way. ate etouffee last night! mardi gras is at the end of the month. will not be going.  :laugh:

the jury is still out about why people sometimes feel symptoms from changing to liquid and some dont. ive asked every person i can find. it does seem to be a common thing. however its suggested as the way to get off a  lot. so still trying to make up my mind if i want to go that route. but many people seem to use it as a method to get off. some of have symptoms from the change some dont. however if you did any type of dose changes meaning switch from 3 to 4 or whatever that could be adding to symptoms. every change we make affects us. if you go to the titration board im sure builder will have a response about the change to liquid. hope you feel better. :)

Well, I put this together a while back when I pointed out that the folks on Benzo Detox Recovery, which was basically daily liquid taper forum, never complained about having any problems with liquid.

Everyone here wants to ignore a very logical explanation, and try to find a completely illogical one.

So here goes...

BB is a scary, doom-and-gloom forum.  New folks post almost every day that what see here  scares them to death.  It causes panic, terror, anxiety, etc.    I get PMs asking if all the horror stories could be true. The vast majority of posts on BB talk about misery and sufferering. 

We actually have seperate forums to share dozens of different sxs.We have forums about dizziness, hair loss, digestive disorders, urinary disorders, sleep disorders,  de-personalization/de-realization, lonliness, weight loss/weight gain, panic disorders.  We have discussions about conditions that don't appear in any literature, except here on BB.

i was in half a dozen or so facebook groups for people in withdrawal before coming here and had to leave as the doom and gloom was rampant and videos allowed in some and i couldnt handle it. ive had a few friends have had to leave here as well as the sociology dynamic can be overwhelming. but no where else to go. i agree how it can be suggestive as i was very sick for ten months before i knew i was in withdrawal and felt better than i do now that i know that i am, but i did massive cut right after i found out. and i read a post on here many months ago how someone might do in withdrawal in they never knew had been on this group. i agree with that to a certain degree.

So here goes...

I am in no way offended by your answer.  I do not read the doom and gloom stories on here, nor do I have any expectations for how I will feel.  I just know what has actually happened.  All I wanted to know was if it sounded normal for moving from 4 doses to 3 while also switching that "lost" dose to liquid.  If they weren't "normal or typical" I was going to make an appt with my doc.  I know you can cause yourself to feel bad, just by thinking it.  But, honestly, I still have to take care of my kids, and do my normal daily routine.  Us I started my own business.  So, I  just want to be sure these should subside as my body adjusts to the changes in dosing times and method....

I know some people aren't bothered and others are.  No idea why.  Could be placebo.  But I honestly don't have an expectation to feel any way, other than get up and go about my day.  What happens, happens.  I just wanted to run it by people who have done this before and have been around longer than I have to ensure it is normal.  That's all.

I know some people aren't bothered and others are.  No idea why.  Could be placebo.  But I honestly don't have an expectation to feel any way, other than get up and go about my day.  What happens, happens.  I just wanted to run it by people who have done this before and have been around longer than I have to ensure it is normal.  That's all.

There is no other logical explanation.  How is swallowing a tablet with a glass of water any different than taking the same amount of the same med as a liquid?  Once you swallow the tablet, its liquid within seconds anyway.

And even among those who say its different, they report different effects.  Some say its faster, some say its slower.  Some say its stronger, some way its weaker.

And like I said, on BDR, where everyone was on liquid, there was never any discussion about liquid causing any issues.

There is no other logical explanation.  How is swallowing a tablet with a glass of water any different than taking the same amount of the same med as a liquid?  Once you swallow the tablet, its liquid within seconds anyway.

And even among those who say its different, they report different effects.  Some say its faster, some say its slower.  Some say its stronger, some way its weaker.

And like I said, on BDR, where everyone was on liquid, there was never any discussion about liquid causing any issues.

could it be because in essense we are basically changing our dose amounts usually when crossing to liquid, down dosing some doses and updosing other doses and this is an adjustment? and most of us have made mistakes already and cns sensitive? maybe an idea...

Well i have settled out over the last few days... so maybe the placebo got drunk and went to sleep...

I am rather sure that for me it was nothing to do with the valium being in a tablet or liquid form...

-I think it was a reaction to the alcohol (2ml) in each dose... and that this was a personal thing for me. Its been like this for 20yrs or so, to some extent, Im just a bit more sensitive and vaunerable right now...

When i drank more water with my dose things got better quick... 

So -less than a week of yuck, (digestive, fatigue and sleep patern), and all is fine... -less pain than a normal cut...  -Ready to go...

Probably a better way for me is to squirt it in a glass of water or juice, rather than suck it out of the syringe, so to speak...

Pls dont make me mix water and vodka with NO Valium, to prove my theory, that only really applies to me anyway...!!!

Cheers...

I mix with fat milk and that works fine for me Cantfly !

Thanks Shake, ur an angel...

But i cant drink milk...

-if its a lingering problem, your angel sisters have suggested a nut milk...

:)

In my case, I am on capsules that are very slow to dissolve. Actually, they don't dissolve in anything I've tried and shellac is one of their ingredients.  So when I dumped them into vodka, I may have changed where and how fast the med was absorbed in the digestive tract. I noticed an uptick in symptoms, so I did one small capsule at a time and waited a week in between. I have another med that is a tablet and disintegrates in plain old water very quickly. No change in symptoms when I suspended that one. I did not add a solvent, however, just water. I sometimes wonder if adding a solvent changes something. But I am no biochemist. I think being paranoid does increase symptoms, so I always make changes slowly and in very small increments to make me less paranoid. And thumbs up to avoiding horror stories as much as possible. I think even Ashton says focusing on symptoms can make symptoms worse. Worry does cause chemical changes in the body so it is perfectly rational. Maybe this isn't rational, but when I am in a bad wave, I mostly stay off BB, just skimming to find the posts of people I know the best and posting little or nothing. Then focusing my my mind on other things the rest of the day.

Gard

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [li...]
    • [mo...]
    • [gu...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [st...]
    • [Kr...]