Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I'm in a holding stage but preparing for DLMT. I started switching my evening dose to liquid last night and my sxs are through the roof today.

Is it possible the liquid affected me? Should I continue with tablets until I'm more stable then switch over or just stick with the evening dose being liquid?

For some unbeknown reason, many people have a rough time switching from dry to liquid. It makes no sense but it does happen. When I switched to liquid, I did a slight updose just for this very reason. It was a little tuff but not too bad.

[ce...]

I'm in a holding stage but preparing for DLMT. I started switching my evening dose to liquid last night and my sxs are through the roof today.

Is it possible the liquid affected me? Should I continue with tablets until I'm more stable then switch over or just stick with the evening dose being liquid?

As jr50898 said, some people find a need to updose slightly when switching.  Just a small updose.  Maybe 5-10%.  Make sure you're mixing your meds well.

Dentist question. For those of you who ask for no epinephrine, what do you tell your dentist is your reason? I have never mentioned the benzo w/d issue to my dentist. I'd rather not get into a benzo discussion with her. My regular dentist left the practice and I don't know this new one at all.

[ce...]
I think that honesty is the best policy.  People who deal with your health are supposed to know about your medical history - including your meds.  I told my dentist about my benzo use and withdrawal.  She seemed far more knowledgeable than the sleep doctor that prescribed them to me. 

Hi Gard!!!

I also shared with my dentist and he immediately knew what i was talking about. He was the one explained why Novocaine has epi & how that would affect my brain. He also expressed why it is beneficial  for those of us with fragile or healing CNS to refrain from using it. If you feel too uncomfortable with sharing your benzo med info with that dentist. Then you may want to share that your CNS is in recovery and you must stay away from stimulants such as epinephrine. Then ask how they can accommodate for this.

How are you doing? I've missed our chats. :smitten:

Thanks for the replies, everybody.

Hi Kasey! I got hit by a huge wave and am holding. How are you doing?

Another dentist question. Is it because I am on benzos or because I am withdrawing from benzos that I don't want epinephrine? Since I have to start from scratch with a strange dentist, I want to get it right.

Also, what exactly does epinephrine do to us?

Thanks.

what liquid are you using?

Using whole milk

Using whole milk

did you drink on full stomach? Someone told me they had symptoms when switched to liquid but started drinking it with food on their stomach and it helped. Just an idea.

Dentist question. For those of you who ask for no epinephrine, what do you tell your dentist is your reason? I have never mentioned the benzo w/d issue to my dentist. I'd rather not get into a benzo discussion with her. My regular dentist left the practice and I don't know this new one at all.

I just said it made me jumpy, sweaty and feel terrible like my heart was going to bust out of my chest. It happened to me before during a root canal. When I had a tooth implant I said no epi, he said no problem. Apparently a lot of people on BP meds are told to say the same thing- I imagine most dentists wont find it to be a strange request.

I just said it made me jumpy, sweaty and feel terrible like my heart was going to bust out of my chest. It happened to me before during a root canal. When I had a tooth implant I said no epi, he said no problem. Apparently a lot of people on BP meds are told to say the same thing- I imagine most dentists wont find it to be a strange request.

Thanks, Kitty. I'm glad asking for no epi isn't considered weird.

Has anyone used this graduated cylinder from karter scientific and found the measurements to be accurate? With my paranoia I don't want to get it if it's off  :-[. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKIASI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29JIFH4ZXPNL8

That's the one I use. I have an extra, too, in case it breaks. I don't know if they're perfect, but they've been good enough for me.

Gard :smitten:

Has anyone used this graduated cylinder from karter scientific and found the measurements to be accurate? With my paranoia I don't want to get it if it's off  :-[. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKIASI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A29JIFH4ZXPNL8

That's the one I use. I have an extra, too, in case it breaks. I don't know if they're perfect, but they've been good enough for me.

Gard :smitten:

thanks gard all the ones I look at say approx on them.  Thats just more for me to worry about.  :P

Not sure, but its prob more that it costs to have them calibrated and certified at the official 20 degrees scale... forget what its called...

Hi Dad24boys,

I thought you might be interested in a way to move your doses around that would cause the least amount of w/d sxs. When I moved my doses even though I did it slowly I still had some pretty bad w/d's. I'm super sensitive due to my CT of buproprion in June though so you may not have as much difficulty as I did.

I would also recommend waiting until you are stable before you start moving your doses because it will most likely cause more w/d sxs. Your body will see the change as a cut because it changes the peak levels in your body. As Wellness explained it to me you won't have as high a level but it will be more steady. Changing from that peak to a steady level is what causes the w/d sxs.

Here is what she had to say to me:

"a gradual change is always better. 

If you do a gradual change of your dosing time, and if you do the change in dosing time one hour at a time, it would take about 4 days for each change to fully come to equilibrium in your blood, but by the second day you would probably have a good idea if you were going to feel any different. So anywhere from 2 to 4 days for each one hour interval would probably be enough.

What times are you currently taking your doses ?

What times do you think would be good times 8 hours apart?

Are you using 0.5 mg tablets?

Here is another option to consider.  What if... we divided the total dose that you are currently taking by three and split the dosing time to 8- hours interval.  Here is what I mean.

Your total dose is now 1.25 mg, so we divided it by three, it is about 0.4 mg per dose.  So then we would take 0.1 mg from the morning dose and 0.3 mg from the evening dose and slowly migrate them to the afternoon dose.  Here is what it might look like:

If you are planning to take your doses at, say, 7 am, 3pm, and 11 pm for example.

Step 1,  0.4 mg at 7 am, 0.1 at 8  am, and 0.3 mg at 10 pm and 0.4 mg at 11 pm

Step 2,  0.4 mg at 7 am, 0.1 at 9  am, and 0.3 mg at 9 pm and 0.4 mg at 11 pm

Step 3,  0.4 mg at 7 am, 0.1 at 10am, and 0.3 mg at 8 pm and 0.4 mg at 11 pm

Step 8,  0.4 mg at 7 am, (0.1 +0.3) mg at 3 pm, and 0.4 mg at 11 pm"

This is based on my dose of course. You would have to adjust it to fit your dose leve. Also the times you dose will be your own  ;D

I hope this all makes sense. If not just let me know and I will try to clarify.

Hugs and healing.  :smitten::hug:

[ce...]

All measurements are approximate (some are more approximate than others).  Even if you're using a serialized, NIST-traceable, class A grad cylinder, the measurements will only be approximate (but the error range will be known). 

As long as you use the same graduated cylinder (and use it the same way each tie), it doesn't really matter how accurate it is.

As long as you use the same graduated cylinder (and use it the same way each tie), it doesn't really matter how accurate it is.

:thumbsup:

Consistency is more important the accuracy.

:thumbsup:

Consistency is more important the accuracy.

Uh oh. I just grab whichever one I see and use it. But they are made by the same company. I suppose wouldn't hurt to compare them to each other to make sure. (Duh! :laugh:)

Hi,

Just wondering if people go all the way down to a 0 dosage(or as close to it) or stop sooner?

Today's dose will be 0.88 (8.8 ml) of valium with my daily liquid cuts being 0.0375 (original dose of valium was 3.75mg when liquid microtaper began). By my reckoning I'll be as close to 0 in around 23 days.

I feel alright, but I'm a little bit edgy and completely exhausted and lethargic with zero motivation and mildly depressed. I attribute these symptoms to the valium, but its an easy target for blame. I guess like most people, when the finish line is close you want to rush towards it.

I'd be keen to hear anyone's thoughts on what dose they stopped at and if it worked for them.

So close but yet so far.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just wondering if people go all the way down to a 0 dosage(or as close to it) or stop sooner?

Today's dose will be 0.88 (8.8 ml) of valium with my daily liquid cuts being 0.0375 (original dose of valium was 3.75mg when liquid microtaper began). By my reckoning I'll be as close to 0 in around 23 days.

I feel alright, but I'm a little bit edgy and completely exhausted and lethargic with zero motivation and mildly depressed. I attribute these symptoms to the valium, but its an easy target for blame. I guess like most people, when the finish line is close you want to rush towards it.

I'd be keen to hear anyone's thoughts on what dose they stopped at and if it worked for them.

So close but yet so far.

Thanks.

hi what liquid did you use for your taper? Thank you.

Thanks, Builder.

I probably won't stop before 0.5mg, but I think there's a mental victory to be gained in stopping before fumes.

Hopefreegirl, I do as Builder had suggested which works really well. Diluted the valium in vodka and added water. Couldn't have been easier.

All the best.

Hi,

So close but yet so far.

Thanks.

I tapered all the way to zero and had a good 1st week. then the acute lasted for about a week and since then it has been up and down. I think your original dose plus the length of time you were on it plays significently into how you feel when you jump. I have only known 3 people who just walked away. Not trying to scare you because stopping is very doable. Hope for the best and expect the worst. Good luck and press on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bl...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [je...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [kn...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Li...]
    • [or...]