Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

my advice is to do what ever is necessary to feel stable. you can start to taper again after you stabilize. Do not put your self thru torture because tapering is alot easier than jumping.

Hi All :)

I have been on a very long slow taper from 6mg diazepam using daily microtapering with holds. I was doing fantastically well and was almost there at .33mg when I seriously overdid things with stress and hard exercise and crashed badly. I had symptoms I had not suffered in 18 months. I tried a small updose to .50 for a couple of days with no help, I stupidly took 6mg on Sunday and then have been taking 2mg for the past 4 days. Yesterday I felt better but today is bad again. I also have hormone stuff happening which doesn't help.

I am wondering where to go from here? Stick at 2mg and wait for things to calm down and then taper down again? I am not worried about how long this will take, so if I have to stabilise and start down microtapering again I will. Do you think I will eventually stabilise at 2mg - I am tempted to go up to 4mg to get back out of bed. I am due to start a new job on Monday and can't do it like this.

Thanks for listening.

I agree with jr, and you seem to be doing that.  I don't know why you are not responding faster.  You felt well as low as .33mg V and, to me, that means your brain was almost totally back to normal.  I would not think it would be necessary for you to go much higher than .5mg like you did, so I am puzzled as to why that didn't work.  Perhaps it just needed more time?  I would think staying at 2mg will bring you around fairly quickly if you feel well enough to remain there and wait it out.

I have little experience with Diazepam but I do agree with SG that you did a sizable update that should have worked quickly for you. Perhaps it will need some time to build back up in your body. I am inclined to think that benzos do build up and when you cut too much , it depletes your blood concentration.

About 10 days ago I stopped using ro 10mg v and switched to 5mg pills for dlmt. Last nite I had some slight nausea which has continued today. Anyone's feel symptoms when changing pill Mg's for tapering?

my advice is to do what ever is necessary to feel stable. you can start to taper again after you stabilize. Do not put your self thru torture because tapering is alot easier than jumping.

Jr I ordered luer slip tip syringes and the 1 ml ones are for TB. is this OK? Also noticed there's luer lock slip tip. What's the difference? Thank you

What is the difference between luer slip tip syringes and luer lock tip syringes? Also I ordered the TB 1 ml. I needed that kind right? Thank you

[be...]
Luer lock is simply a more secure way of being able to attach a needle to the body of the syringe.  It attaches a bit like a screw instead of simply being pushed on.  It will have no bearing on its use for tapering.

Luer lock is simply a more secure way of being able to attach a needle to the body of the syringe.  It attaches a bit like a screw instead of simply being pushed on.  It will have no bearing on its use for tapering.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

About 10 days ago I stopped using ro 10mg v and switched to 5mg pills for dlmt. Last nite I had some slight nausea which has continued today. Anyone's feel symptoms when changing pill Mg's for tapering?

All pills are +/- the indicated dose. you may have some + in the 10mg and went to some - in the 5mg So what does all that mean? a slight decrease in meds. Or perhaps the fillers were different in the 5s and they bothered your GI

that's what I thought thank you bad.

I am wondering if anyone has tried micro doses of Lamictal/lomotrigen for daily anxiety and hypersensitivity that leads to agoraphobia. I read about it helping some people who are going through antidepressant w/d, which I am suffering from as well as the benzo withdrawal. A micro dose would be anything from .5mg to 5 or 6mg.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Hugs and healing  :smitten::hug:

I've put off going to the dentist since this journey began inApril.  So I went today.  It appears that benzo withdrawal is bad for your teeth. $4000 worth. I have read that novicane can cause problems with nervous systems of taperers. Has anyone had any negative reaction?

[be...]
Hi Mags - Not exactly your scenario, but I had two crowns started five days after my c/t.  Lots of novocaine.  I had no problem (with the novocaine).  My biggest concern was that I felt like I was shaking so much that the dentist might have a problem working on me.  She had no problems.

I am wondering if anyone has tried micro doses of Lamictal/lomotrigen for daily anxiety and hypersensitivity that leads to agoraphobia. I read about it helping some people who are going through antidepressant w/d, which I am suffering from as well as the benzo withdrawal. A micro dose would be anything from .5mg to 5 or 6mg.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Hugs and healing  :smitten::hug:

You are right about it helping people going through antidepressant withdrawal. The reason they can only use a small dose if because after about a month or so, reinstating the SSRI makes things worse due to receptor down regulation. For some reason, you can do that with a benzo but not with SSRIs. So if you're only in benzo withdrawal, you may be able to do a higher dose but do start with a small dose around 5mg. It probably won't have an effect on the symptoms you're describing until you get to 25mg (SLOWLY go up every week until you feel the desired effect). But as mentioned, you should be able to tolerate it if you haven't messed with your serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine.

I've put off going to the dentist since this journey began inApril.  So I went today.  It appears that benzo withdrawal is bad for your teeth. $4000 worth. I have read that novicane can cause problems with nervous systems of taperers. Has anyone had any negative reaction?

Novicane injections also contain epinephrine. That's the culprit. I usually go without for cavities but it looks like you need more than just that if you're talking $4000. Perhaps ask your dentist if there are any numbing agents which do not contain epinephrine.

Hey, just quick for my benzo brain...

Its 2ml 80proof vodka per 1mg V??

And added to water, it doesnt go off???

Thanks...

That should work.  I'd add water to make the total liquid 100ml per 1mg to ensure the V remains dissolved.

Novicane injections also contain epinephrine. That's the culprit. I usually go without for cavities but it looks like you need more than just that if you're talking $4000. Perhaps ask your dentist if there are any numbing agents which do not contain epinephrine.

They do have a numbing agent that does not rev up your system. Ask for it.

Hi Cal,

Thanks for your input. It's intersting that it should work better for benzo's. I did cold turkey off of buproprion in June so that may complicate matters. I was planning on starting at .5mg and holding it there for four days before I add another .5mg. So a very slow titration up because my CNS is super senstive.

I hope you are feeling better after your tinnitus and panic attack.

:hug: Hugs

[be...]

They do have a numbing agent that does not rev up your system. Ask for it.

Dentists usually have eugenol in their offices.  It's a good numbing agent.

They only use epi to help the novacaine last longer. My dentist just explained it to me. Just tell them no epi, it will still work just as well but will probably wear off faster.

I'm in a holding stage but preparing for DLMT. I started switching my evening dose to liquid last night and my sxs are through the roof today.

Is it possible the liquid affected me? Should I continue with tablets until I'm more stable then switch over or just stick with the evening dose being liquid?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [hu...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [je...]
    • [st...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [Ta...]