Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

MAA,

Dollars to donuts this is just a reaction to the heavy exertion. This has happened to me countless times. I wouldn't updose too much and just try to wait it out.  I know when you are in the grasp of a horrible wave, it feels as though it will never end. But it will. Trust me. This is temporary. You'll get back at it soon enough.

Best,

Ed

MAA,

Dollars to donuts this is just a reaction to the heavy exertion. This has happened to me countless times. I wouldn't updose too much and just try to wait it out.  I know when you are in the grasp of a horrible wave, it feels as though it will never end. But it will. Trust me. This is temporary. You'll get back at it soon enough.

Best,

Ed

:thumbsup:

I never use the little pan that comes with the gemini scale. I put pill directly on scale. Is that ok?  I guess I'm 3 months overdue in asking this question. Just saw a video where he used the pan.  I thought it was meant for powder.

Thanks

I never use the little pan that comes with the gemini scale. I put pill directly on scale. Is that ok?  I guess I'm 3 months overdue in asking this question. Just saw a video where he used the pan.  I thought it was meant for powder.

Thanks

When I was doing dry cutting I used to put the pill on the tray, too. Then I decided it was safer to use the pan and the tare function. That way you don't risk getting little bits into the scale's mechanism.

Gard

Everybody's quiet! Don't go away! I know I'll be needing the gurus in a big way when the time comes when I get to a "lower" dose. My brain's so fried that I've totally forgotten how to do the math for smaller cuts etc. One of my biggest nightmare's has been the thought of losing this MT group.

Rock on!

Jeff

I know lots of folks say averaging out is good enough but whatever company DAN is, the weights of their valium pills are all over the map. Everyone says dont switch generics during a taper but I didnt notice they had changed fromTEVA which were different bottle to bottle but fairly consistent in each bottle. These range- in one bottle- from .152 g to .165 and thats a big difference. What turds! I weighed them every morning anyway but damn.

I know lots of folks say averaging out is good enough but whatever company DAN is, the weights of their valium pills are all over the map. Everyone says dont switch generics during a taper but I didnt notice they had changed fromTEVA which were different bottle to bottle but fairly consistent in each bottle. These range- in one bottle- from .152 g to .165 and thats a big difference. What turds! I weighed them every morning anyway but damn.

When I was dry cutting, I would grind 10 pills into a powder and weigh out my dose, put it in a bottle with a little water and drink it!

So that's about a +/- 5% variation.  Based on the numbers posted on BB, that's about average.  (The FDA standard is actually +/- 15%).

But you your pills have always varied +/- 5%, and apparently, it was never a problem. 

Everybody gets obsessed with accuracy and precision when they begin to taper, but nothing has really changed.  It's the same med, with the same range of weight and active ingredient.

When I was dry cutting, I would grind 10 pills into a powder and weigh out my dose, put it in a bottle with a little water and drink it!

Jr can you elaborate on this for me? Also It says in your signature you switched to liquid, sorry if I've asked you before but what liquid are you using? Thank you

Hello micro-taperers;

I bought a glass 100ml graduated cylinder,  a 1 ml syringe, and a 10ml syringe.

I wanted to bounce this off of you who may have done it, or maybe

it's not a good way.

If I fill the graduated cylinder to the top with water, then grind up and add a 10mg V pill, dissolve it,

I will now have a solution that is 1mg V = 10ml, or .1mg V = 1 ml .

I can then put it in a small jar, with a lid (so no evaporation).

If I need to take a .8mg V dose, then I use my 10 ml syringe and extract

8ml of liquid. This is equal to .8mg of Valium.

For smaller doses under .1mg V, I can use the 1 ml syringe (A full syringe = .1mg V).

Somehow it's easier for me to think in terms of my dose, rather than what I am cutting.

One jar full will last me about 3 -4 days, less as time goes on.

Can anyone find fault or potential issues with this procedure?

Thank you, I appreciate it!

-Justaman

Hello micro-taperers;

it's not a good way.

If I fill the graduated cylinder to the top with water, then grind up and add a 10mg V pill, dissolve it,

For smaller doses under .1mg V, I can use the 1 ml syringe (A full syringe = .1mg V).

Somehow it's easier for me to think in terms of my dose, rather than what I am cutting.

-Justaman

1.  Use the cylinder for measuring water only; do not mix in it.  Instead, mix in the jar.

2.  Dissolve the 10mg V first in either 20ml PG or alcohol, then add 980ml water.  100ml is not enough to keep 10mg V dissolved.

3.  80ml will equal .8mg V.

Hello micro-taperers;

it's not a good way.

-Justaman

Your diazepam is NOT water soluble.  You must first dissolve it in a tiny amount of alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol, then add water to equal the 100ml.  I would suggest you put the tablet  and liquid in your jar to make the solution, just using the cylinder to measure.

And instead of a new batch each day (or each dose) I would make enough to last 10-14 days, and just draw out what you need each day.  Your solution can be safely stored at room temp, with no risk of degradation or spoilage.

Your syringe procedure is correct.

And yes, pulling out your dose is the only logical method.

Jr can you elaborate on this for me? Also It says in your signature you switched to liquid, sorry if I've asked you before but what liquid are you using? Thank you

it is really very easy. i weighed 10 pills on my scale and took the average weight. I then ground them into a powder. Lets say for example that the average weight is .130g for a .5mg pill. that gives you a constant of 3.85mg/g. (that is .5mg  divided by .130g.) Now lets say your dose is .25mg. that would weigh out to .065grams of powder. (.25mg which is your dose divided by 3.85 which is your constant will give you .065g of powder) throw it in a bottle and add a little water and drink it. rinse and drink. I used this successfully until I got to where my scales wouldnt accurately weigh my doses. that was .004g. then I switched to liquid.

it is really very easy. i weighed 10 pills on my scale and took the average weight. I then ground them into a powder. Lets say for example that the average weight is .130g for a .5mg pill. that gives you a constant of 3.85mg/g. (that is .5mg  divided by .130g.) Now lets say your dose is .25mg. that would weigh out to .065grams of powder. (.25mg which is your dose divided by 3.85 which is your constant will give you .065g of powder) throw it in a bottle and add a little water and drink it. rinse and drink. I used this successfully until I got to where my scales wouldnt accurately weigh my doses. that was .004g. then I switched to liquid.

thank you Jr. I'll have to reread that multiple times :)  what liquid did you start using? Thanks again nicole

Nicole, if you want to do liquid titration, benzos will dissolve in alcohol, propylene glycol, or fat. Most people seem to be using a small amount of alcohol (or PG) to dissolve their benzo and then adding water to dilute it to the point they can make accurate small reductions. Some people use all full-fat milk as their liquid. I like the alcohol and water method because it's easier to see what's going on in the water than in the full-fat milk. Plus it's easier to clean your measuring and mixing supplies. Others like the milk method. You kind of have to think through what you think will work best for you.

Gard

Nicole, if you want to do liquid titration, benzos will dissolve in alcohol, propylene glycol, or fat. Most people seem to be using a small amount of alcohol (or PG) to dissolve their benzo and then adding water to dilute it to the point they can make accurate small reductions. Some people use all full-fat milk as their liquid. I like the alcohol and water method because it's easier to see what's going on in the water than in the full-fat milk. Plus it's easier to clean your measuring and mixing supplies. Others like the milk method. You kind of have to think through what you think will work best for you.

Gard

the milk has to be refrigerated if you are making multiple doses. The etoh and water method requires nothing. I left mine sitting on top of a pie safe for 12 days at a time.

Gard

hey gard I have my plan all set up for milk. Just recovering from some Gigantic cuts I made. Kinda apprehensive about milk as it's more or a pain and unsure about solubility but I have spoke to many people that it worked for them. I think I'm allergic to pg so didn't want to go that route. And don't want to use alcohol. But I've had reassurance with the milk. I've heard that about cleaning the supplies from another person with milk. I'm going to be using all glass so hopefully that helps. Just going on a wing and a prayer after this hold. Thank you gard nicole  :-[

Gard

the milk has to be refrigerated if you are making multiple doses. The etoh and water method requires nothing. I left mine sitting on top of a pie safe for 12 days at a time.

yea the milk is more of a pain but too scared of alcohol and think I'm allergic to pg. Thanks Jr!

Nicole, yes, use the method you are comfortable with. I was nervous about alcohol but my doctor told me not to worry about such a small amount. And I don't drink milk and I don't want to deal with PG. So we each have our reasons. I'm glad you found someone to give you guidance on using it because I wouldn't have a clue! ;)

Gard

Hello micro-taperers;

it's not a good way.

-Justaman

1.  Use the cylinder for measuring water only; do not mix in it.  Instead, mix in the jar.

2.  Dissolve the 10mg V first in either 20ml PG or alcohol, then add 980ml water.  100ml is not enough to keep 10mg V dissolved.

3.  80ml will equal .8mg V.

Hello SG57;

Thank you ! I will use 2% alcohol (can't drink milk), with 98% water.

I wonder could I put 10 - 10mg tablets in 1000ml, to get 10ml = 1mg V ?

Thank you,

-Jman

Nicole, yes, use the method you are comfortable with. I was nervous about alcohol but my doctor told me not to worry about such a small amount. And I don't drink milk and I don't want to deal with PG. So we each have our reasons. I'm glad you found someone to give you guidance on using it because I wouldn't have a clue! ;)

Gard

the reasons I'm terrified of the alcohol is because it acts on gaba. And before I knew I was in withdrawal I took some ashwagandha which acts on gaba and I've never been the same since. I know it's a tiny amount of alcohol but still scared about the gaba thing. I don't know, maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion but that ashwagandha did some horrific things to me and found out later it works on gaba so..  But thanks gard

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [je...]
    • [an...]
    • [ti...]
    • [mc...]
    • [je...]
    • [du...]
    • [ba...]
    • [On...]
    • [Av...]