Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Wishing you all a Window-ful Thanksgiving....or, at the very least, some moments of peace and gratitude and lots of pie!

(I am way past roasting a turkey. It is Pie Day for us.)

Gard :smitten:

Happy Thanksgiving Gard.

Enjoy those pies

Anne  :smitten:

Dear SG,

I am happy to hear you are feeling better.  The anesthesia probably did rev things up. So glad things are calming down for you.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anne :smitten:

Has anyone had experience with depression lifting as valium decreases?  I'm in a real funk .

Hope everyone has a happy day.

I've had that happen with Librium, which is also a depressing med and has the same active metabolites as Valium. I pushed hard to get lower and then held a long time. The depression is less now on my lower dose.

Has anyone had experience with depression lifting as valium decreases?  I'm in a real funk .

Hope everyone has a happy day.

My mood brightened as my taper progressed.

Thanks. Good to have something to look forward to. You know your bad when you'd prefer someone punch you in the face if it would remove the depression.

I am finally coming back to declare success! And yes mood increases as meds are gone. I think partially because I also feel so grateful to have beat this. I was so scared for so long And I really changed my life and my attitude through withdrawal.

I am now off k for 6 mths, ambien for 3, and my other battle was prednisone which I finished tapering from almost a month ago.

I have a few wavy moments, sleepless nights but they are fewer, shorter aNd I am so much stronger physically now!!! I have some issues with hormones and fibro I am still trying to figure out with diet and exercise. This will happen to everyone, you may still have health and anxiety issues to deal with so start working on those as soon as you feel well enough.

I am a huge advocate of positive thinking, meditation, relaxation, exercise of some sort. Whatever can help we need to use anything and everything that is positive!

Sending big hugs to those that need it. PM Me if you need to!

I am finally coming back to declare success! And yes mood increases as meds are gone. I think partially because I also feel so grateful to have beat this. I was so scared for so long And I really changed my life and my attitude through withdrawal.

I am now off k for 6 mths, ambien for 3, and my other battle was prednisone which I finished tapering from almost a month ago.

I have a few wavy moments, sleepless nights but they are fewer, shorter aNd I am so much stronger physically now!!! I have some issues with hormones and fibro I am still trying to figure out with diet and exercise. This will happen to everyone, you may still have health and anxiety issues to deal with so start working on those as soon as you feel well enough.

I am a huge advocate of positive thinking, meditation, relaxation, exercise of some sort. Whatever can help we need to use anything and everything that is positive!

Thank you for sharing, Butterfly! I'm so happy for you! :)

CONGRATZ Butterfly!

This is awesome, so happy for you!  Thanks so much for coming back and sharing your success.  I highlighted my favorite line of you advice to others.  I 100% agree.

Stay strong!

sharkey

this is so wonderful butterfly! thank you for coming back and letting us know.

it's nice to see you again! :smitten:

PrettyD

Congratulations Butterfly.

Thanks for brining hope into our lives.

I did not need to updose for Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy spending time with my husband and daughter.  Thanks to all of you for your advice on not updosing.

:hug:

I did not need to updose for Thanksgiving and was able to enjoy spending time with my husband and daughter.  Thanks to all of you for your advice on not updosing.

That is really great tntd!  It is those small victories that are so important.  Put some of those under your belt and you will be off the benzos before you know it.

Stay strong!

sharkey

I'm so glad! :)

Would someone  please be able to tell me where .001grams converts into on a 1ML syringe?

Would that be 1.0ML?

The relationship between dry weight (grams, milligrams) and liquid volume (milliliters) depends on how you mixed your liquid.

How many mgs of med did you mix with how many milliliters of liquid?

Would someone  please be able to tell me where .001grams converts into on a 1ML syringe?

Would that be 1.0ML?

The relationship between dry weight (grams, milligrams) and liquid volume (milliliters) depends on how you mixed your liquid.

How many mgs of med did you mix with how many milliliters of liquid?

Okay... It was .92 mg with 100 ml of milk...(  it started out with 1mg )

The reason I ask is because I could barely reduce on a daily basis up to the halfway point to .1 on a 1 ml syringe....( I believe .0005 on the syringe; you know I'm bad with decimals Builder, but I think you get the gist... Really trying to learn)  :-[

I switched to dry micro tapering and the lowest I can decrease  i guess that the scale can measure is .001 grams and I was just wondering how the two compared? I will be dropping 1.1 percent over a month making 4 cuts using this gram measurement compared to what I was doing....

I guess wondering if this is going to punch me more or pretty much it doesn't matter... (The milk just didnt agree with me; pills better but still very symptomatic)

Thank you....

Ah, memories. Geuax tigers! How long since I've seen you write that, Jeff? We have been at this way too long!

"Stay strong."  (More memories; now I'm getting sniffly.)

Gard :smitten:

I know, Gard. We need to get off this trashy drug stuff so we can go live a life. Oh....and Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!

And to you, too, Jeff! Thanks!  :hug:

Totally on a tangent, my son got a recruitment email from LSU that said, "Geaux Tigers." So now I finally get it!

Gard :laugh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pe...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [da...]
    • [ta...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [El...]
    • [Le...]