Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hello Builder..I was hoping you could help me.....

Haven't had time to recently read this thread but I know SG right now needs to focus on his own health at the moment ( I  pray and hope he is doing well or better)

My question is that I recently switched from liquid to solid pills and the difference is very strong.... It feels as though for 6 months I was extremely under dosed on the liquid and I feel the difference and now I feel the very very strong effects....

1)Is this normal?

2) I can't believe the difference...it feels so strong and powerful compared to the liquid.. Will it take time to adjust?  I've been experiencing a little more dizziness, nausea, very heavy sedation etc...

3) could being under dosed for 6 months on the liquid have hurt or harm me even more?

4) logically it would make sense if I'm this over sedated to go down not up , correct? I can't imagine being this groggy and drunk all day long....

5) can someone please double check these calculations as I am new to the scale and thinking in terms of grams....etc....:

I am currently on .92 mg of kolonopin which I dose 3xs a day.... That currently comes out  to  .312 total grams for the day......

so for each dose I weigh out .104 grams for the day ... So 104 grams x 3 equals 312 grams which equals .92 mgs. for the day.....

6) are these calculations correct? 

I feel so extremely overdosed and sedated but I think its just the switch to pills...(and also that this dose is too high for me anyway). it really scares me the feeling... Like a zombie...But I think the liquid was my problem all along....

Sorry for all the laborious questions..  ( mostly concerned with question #5- just need to make sure calculations are correct)

I just need to make sure I'm  understanding  things right..

Btw... I feel All in all that the pills are a better fit for me.... the liquid didnt work for me...

your thoughts and answers on the above situation would be very appreciated....

Thank you kindly....

Bump please

Originally I used milk to taper off V unfortunately the milk did not sit right with me.  Alcohol 80 proof is what I used next.  That worked yet I changed to almond milk that seems more convenient for me and works just fine without alcohol.  Of course this is what  worked for me.  Builder and SG are awesome in helping you find your way.  That advice coupled with my personal trials is working.  Unfortunately the Ashton taper was too fast and I had to go slower on a daily taper.  Wow what a journey. 

Haven't had time to recently read this thread but I know SG right now needs to focus on his own health at the moment ( I  pray and hope he is doing well or better)

My question is that I recently switched from liquid to solid pills and the difference is very strong.... It feels as though for 6 months I was extremely under dosed on the liquid and I feel the difference and now I feel the very very strong effects....

1)Is this normal?

2) I can't believe the difference...it feels so strong and powerful compared to the liquid.. Will it take time to adjust?  I've been experiencing a little more dizziness, nausea, very heavy sedation etc...

3) could being under dosed for 6 months on the liquid have hurt or harm me even more?

4) logically it would make sense if I'm this over sedated to go down not up , correct? I can't imagine being this groggy and drunk all day long....

5) can someone please double check these calculations as I am new to the scale and thinking in terms of grams....etc....:

I am currently on .92 mg of kolonopin which I dose 3xs a day.... That currently comes out  to  .312 total grams for the day......

so for each dose I weigh out .104 grams for the day ... So 104 grams x 3 equals 312 grams which equals .92 mgs. for the day.....

I feel so extremely overdosed and sedated but I think its just the switch to pills...(and also that this dose is too high for me anyway). it really scares me the feeling... Like a zombie...But I think the liquid was my problem all along....

Sorry for all the laborious questions..  ( mostly concerned with question #5- just need to make sure calculations are correct)

Btw... I feel All in all that the pills are a better fit for me.... the liquid didnt work for me...

Thank you kindly....

Bump please

Describe how you liquified your K, and how you took it.

1)Is this normal?

Thank you kindly....

Bump please

Describe how you liquified your K, and how you took it.

I dissolved (2) .50 pills in 100 ml of whole fat milk... I would let it dissolve overnight put in fridge..... I would pull out whatever I didnt need......would shake a few times here and there.... Used 1 ml and 10 ml syringes.... I could barely reduce....

Divided that up into 3 tiny mason jars a day for my 3 doses....taken at 10:00am, 5:00 pm and 1:00 am,.,

the day I switched I felt sicker and never felt right... almost like a huge reduction.... It was horrific .... Getting worse and worse....especially the first hour after I dosed.... All sxs increased....I let this go on for months...

Now my third day on the pills there is a huge difference.... ( still symptomatic but better).... Its as if I am calmer and  i am actually getting the drug....( it is too sedating for me ; dosage too high but that is because of my own individual biochemistry) and being a lightweight/ hypersensitive...

Thank you builder for your time in reading...

Just wanted to make you aware that making stronger concentrations of the water/alcohol liquid at home requires use of more alcohol to keep the benzo dissolved.  I like to see people make liquids no higher than .01mg/ml since, at this strength, the water itself can keep the benzo dissolved.  If you wanted to go up to 1mg/ml the final liquid would need to be adjusted by adding more alcohol to ensure that the benzo is in a stable solution.

Uhhh, thanks? This is very vague. I did my own search and saw a post by you of a graph from 2014 which clearly indicated that 30 mg of V can easily be dissolved by .9 ml of 80 proof alcohol. Have you changed your beliefs since then? If so, since you've been doing this since then, how about a link? Anyway I ordered some PG because I have no faith in this forum. As in, no "atta girl" again for my dropping another mg. Thanks gang.  :'(

You can do whatever you want, it is your taper. I was just trying to help. Sorry I disappointed you. Good luck.

OK so you're not answering my questions, about the graph you created and posted. This could be very helpful for others. I asked for clarity. I don't think that's unreasonable. The other piece was about feeling sad to not experience some support, as I have posted here and others have. This is a support thread.  ???

Just wanted to make you aware that making stronger concentrations of the water/alcohol liquid at home requires use of more alcohol to keep the benzo dissolved.  I like to see people make liquids no higher than .01mg/ml since, at this strength, the water itself can keep the benzo dissolved.  If you wanted to go up to 1mg/ml the final liquid would need to be adjusted by adding more alcohol to ensure that the benzo is in a stable solution.

Uhhh, thanks? This is very vague. I did my own search and saw a post by you of a graph from 2014 which clearly indicated that 30 mg of V can easily be dissolved by .9 ml of 80 proof alcohol. Have you changed your beliefs since then? If so, since you've been doing this since then, how about a link? Anyway I ordered some PG because I have no faith in this forum. As in, no "atta girl" again for my dropping another mg. Thanks gang.  :'(

You can do whatever you want, it is your taper. I was just trying to help. Sorry I disappointed you. Good luck.

OK so you're not answering my questions, about the graph you created and posted. This could be very helpful for others. I asked for clarity. I don't think that's unreasonable. The other piece was about feeling sad to not experience some support, as I have posted here and others have. This is a support thread.  ???

Healing me... I don't know if you realize this but SG himself at the moment is going thru a health crisis in the hospital..... The fact he is even trying to help right now I think may be difficult for him at the moment...

Just curious, would you need less of the Everclear since it's stronger? I just use 3ml of 80 proof per 5mg of L. Cheap 80 proof vodka is everywhere, I have learned. Only ever drank wine (and rarely) before, so this is a whole new world for me.

You really need to get past the association of alcohol and drinking.  For the purposes of liquifying a benzo for tapering, you are using the alcohol for its chemical properties, the ability to dissolve your benzo.  It has nothing to do with the the use of alcohol as a beverage or a sedative/intoxicant..

There really is no difference between using 1ml of Everclear or 2ml of 80 proof vodka.  Again, all your doing is using the alcohol to dissolve the benzo.  The alcohol in 1ml of 180 proof Everclear is the same as 2ml of 90 proof vodka.  So if you have access to 180 Everclear, then yes, you could use a smaller amount.  But there is no advantage to the Everclear if you only use half as much.

Actually, some data shows that 1ml of vodka will dissolve 1mg V, (but is marginal)  So since the amount of alcohol required is really so small, I would recommend using more than the minimum.

Yes, yes, I know it's just a solvent. I'm just saying how ignorant I am about alcohol in any form. I'm using 3ml because SG said it would be a good amount to use for 5mg L. I think it took some hunting for him to come up with that.

Another question. How long does it take for the alcohol to dissolve the benzo? Do I just swish it around and then add the water or should I be letting it sit awhile to make sure it's dissolved?

I'm having terrible symptoms since I went back to dissolving my capsules and am trying to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

Gard

I thought my original answer was support, but you don't seem to see it that way judging by your replies.  I was concerned your liquid would not dissolve all that V and I cared about that, so I pointed it out to you.

There is no way 30mg of V will dissolve in .9ml of 80 proof.  It may in 180 proof (if there is enough liquid to cover the pills), but not 80 proof.  The data I found says 1ml of 80 proof will dissolve only up to 1.9mg V.  I'm certainly capable of errors so if I stated this wrong in the past I'm sorry about that.

SG, I hope you are feeling OK. Good to see you here. And good to see you giving out support, whether or not it's accepted. Your patience and kindness is certainly appreciated!

Are you up to giving me a bit of advice? If I decide to go from dosing 3 times to 2 times, should I just do that all at once? I guess I would take the middle dose, split it in half and divide it between the 2 other doses. L is  pretty slow benzo. Would I expect much kickback from that?

Also, how important is it that the doses are 12 hours apart? Could they be off by an hour?

This is all about L being unstable as a liquid. I'm thinking I may do better if I mix the dose and take it immediately. But I couldn't do that 3 times/day. It would have to be twice.

Builder, if you're here, I'd appreciate your 2 cents, too!

Thanks!

Gard

Just curious, would you need less of the Everclear since it's stronger? I just use 3ml of 80 proof per 5mg of L. Cheap 80 proof vodka is everywhere, I have learned. Only ever drank wine (and rarely) before, so this is a whole new world for me.

You really need to get past the association of alcohol and drinking.  For the purposes of liquifying a benzo for tapering, you are using the alcohol for its chemical properties, the ability to dissolve your benzo.  It has nothing to do with the the use of alcohol as a beverage or a sedative/intoxicant..

There really is no difference between using 1ml of Everclear or 2ml of 80 proof vodka.  Again, all your doing is using the alcohol to dissolve the benzo.  The alcohol in 1ml of 180 proof Everclear is the same as 2ml of 90 proof vodka.  So if you have access to 180 Everclear, then yes, you could use a smaller amount.  But there is no advantage to the Everclear if you only use half as much.

Actually, some data shows that 1ml of vodka will dissolve 1mg V, (but is marginal)  So since the amount of alcohol required is really so small, I would recommend using more than the minimum.

Yes, yes, I know it's just a solvent. I'm just saying how ignorant I am about alcohol in any form. I'm using 3ml because SG said it would be a good amount to use for 5mg L. I think it took some hunting for him to come up with that.

Another question. How long does it take for the alcohol to dissolve the benzo? Do I just swish it around and then add the water or should I be letting it sit awhile to make sure it's dissolved?

I'm having terrible symptoms since I went back to dissolving my capsules and am trying to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.

Gard

I would trust SG's ratio.  He's more conservative about solvency ratios than I am. 

The benzo should dissolve very quickly, minutes, amybe seconds.  But I'm sure you're aware that only a small percentage of the powder in that capsule is actually L.  Other ingredients may be insoluble.

Are you up to giving me a bit of advice? If I decide to go from dosing 3 times to 2 times, should I just do that all at once? I guess I would take the middle dose, split it in half and divide it between the 2 other doses. L is  pretty slow benzo. Would I expect much kickback from that?

Also, how important is it that the doses are 12 hours apart? Could they be off by an hour?

In theory, just switching should not be a problem and many people can do that, but if you are struggling or just concerned about it, why risk it? Even though it seems it should not be a problem, we know that there are many who do have a problem.

As for spacing doses, I don't know how important it is for you. Do the best you can, but the bottom line is how you feel. My belief is that evenness is good to strive for, but it is difficult to quantify.

I would trust SG's ratio.  He's more conservative about solvency ratios than I am. 

The benzo should dissolve very quickly, minutes, amybe seconds.  But I'm sure you're aware that only a small percentage of the powder in that capsule is actually L.  Other ingredients may be insoluble.

Yes, I'm very glad about the small percentage. I weighed my Q and found out 25% of the tablet is Q. Horrible. My L is about only about 2% of the capsule. Much less worrisome.

I've been thinking I made need to mix and immediately consume the L if I can't get to the bottom of the stability issue. That's why I wanted to know if I need to let it sit in the alcohol for any length of time. Glad to hear it dissolves quickly.

Thanks.

Gard

I'm almost to 1mg of Diazapam from 20 about 16 months ago. I didn't start liquid titration until I was down to 4mg.  There are still some rough days, but they can't compare to the bad days when I was cutting and holding. It's definitely a smoother ride down.

In theory, just switching should not be a problem and many people can do that, but if you are struggling or just concerned about it, why risk it? Even though it seems it should not be a problem, we know that there are many who do have a problem.

As for spacing doses, I don't know how important it is for you. Do the best you can, but the bottom line is how you feel. My belief is that evenness is good to strive for, but it is difficult to quantify.

Yes, in theory. But if I decide I need to mix and immediately consume the L, I can only do it twice/day. I just can't make sense of the literature out there as to whether or not it's OK to let the liquid L sit for a day. I have to mix it ahead if I take it 3 times. It would be just too confusing and I would mess it up if I tried to mix 3 separate time/day. Actually, it would be 4 because I already have to mix and consume my Q immediately at 9PM.  :(

SG,

I am so sorry about your kidney stones. I have been there. The first time was over 10 years ago and I thought I was dying. It's the worst pain but it will pass for good. I have had to take pain killers for my kidneys for a month at a time and not had any physical dependence. Dilaudid can cause some stomach/digestive issues but you will be fine. I am sending you lots and love and light. I hope you feel better ASAP!

Hi Gard and Jeff  :smitten:

A question about taking it slow. When I'm stabilized my main symptoms are neuropathic pain in my foot or feet and sometimes minor twitches in my legs. Are those symptoms where you guys who believe in slow tapers would still hold?

CHEMIST or SMART PERSON without cog fog needed!

I continue to struggle with symptoms since I dissolved my L and wonder if mixing up my L a day ahead is actually  OK. I am pretty sure that the answer is somewhere in this article. It seems to be a very thorough study of L in solution, but I don't understand all of the points it is making. Would anyone care to explain how this relates to me? I have been on L for nearly a year and am trying to again to liquid titrate off after a 9-month hold.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2813522/

Previously I did liquid titration but it only required dissolving 1/3 of my dose. I remember it was a miserable time but not much else. I don't think the neuropathy was a bad its it is now and all I've done is dissolve. Now I must dissolve 1/2 of my dose. Eventually I will have to dissolve my whole dose. Each evening my daughter helps me do my measuring and dissolving for the next day. She puts my morning dose next to my bed (1 capsule of L and 1 bottle of liquid L and extra water for rinsing) because I am in such a Seroquel fog in the morning it needs to be right there. The other two doses I take at 2PM and 10PM, so they sit around longer. Everything is at room temperature.

Hope that made sense.

Thank you!

Gard

I continue to struggle with symptoms since I dissolved my L and wonder if mixing up my L a day ahead is actually  OK. I am pretty sure that the answer is somewhere in this article. It seems to be a very thorough study of L in solution, but I don't understand all of the points it is making. Would anyone care to explain how this relates to me? I have been on L for nearly a year and am trying to again to liquid titrate off after a 9-month hold.

Previously I did liquid titration but it only required dissolving 1/3 of my dose. I remember it was a miserable time but not much else. I don't think the neuropathy was a bad its it is now and all I've done is dissolve. Now I must dissolve 1/2 of my dose. Eventually I will have to dissolve my whole dose. Each evening my daughter helps me do my measuring and dissolving for the next day. She puts my morning dose next to my bed (1 capsule of L and 1 bottle of liquid L and extra water for rinsing) because I am in such a Seroquel fog in the morning it needs to be right there. The other two doses I take at 2PM and 10PM, so they sit around longer. Everything is at room temperature.

Hope that made sense.

Thank you!

Gard

Hi gard. The researchers indicated that the results of the study should be "interpreted with caution" meaning the results were not consistent. It did mention some degradation of the ratio of CDP (Librium) and doxepam when made into a solution but I wouldn't think you need to worry too much as it states that rapidly was 9 days.  :)--V

Hope that made sense.

Thank you!

Gard

Hi gard. The researchers indicated that the results of the study should be "interpreted with caution" meaning the results were not consistent. It did mention some degradation of the ratio of CDP (Librium) and doxepam when made into a solution but I wouldn't think you need to worry too much as it states that rapidly was 9 days.  :)--V

OK, so V is claiming to be smart and have a working brain. But he talks to chickens. Hmmmmm.... :laugh:

(I know V from Long Hold and would never say that to a stranger! Probably.)

So if rapidly is 9 days, then 1 day is safe. Good. Did you happen to understand a thing they said about temperature or ph or anything like that? Thanks!!

Gard :angel:

Hope that made sense.

Thank you!

Gard

OK, so V is claiming to be smart and have a working brain. But he talks to chickens. Hmmmmm.... :laugh:

So if rapidly is 9 days, then 1 day is safe. Good. Did you happen to understand a thing they said about temperature or ph or anything like that? Thanks!!

Yes. The temperature was kept stable (room temp). The gist of the article had to do with the degradation of Librium (CDP) into doxepam when made into a solution. They were focused on using it in pumps in a hospital setting. They felt that CDP had more anxiolytics effects than doxepam but it took 9 days to degrade to doxepam. Because they weren't sure of the ratio of doxepam to CDP, they recommended using Valium as a solution in the pumps.

P.S. You were supposed to keep quiet about my talking to chickens.  :laugh::)--V

Hope that made sense.

Thank you!

Gard

Yes. The temperature was kept stable (room temp). The gist of the article had to do with the degradation of Librium (CDP) into doxepam when made into a solution. They were focused on using it in pumps in a hospital setting. They felt that CDP had more anxiolytics effects than doxepam but it took 9 days to degrade to doxepam. Because they weren't sure of the ratio of doxepam to CDP, they recommended using Valium as a solution in the pumps.

P.S. You were supposed to keep quiet about my talking to chickens.  :laugh::)--V

OK. I will never mention that you TALK TO CHICKENS! :-X  (And you won't mention that I'm tapering a whopping 1%/month.)

I see. If I had known then what I know now about Librium, I would have risked the Valium. Too late now. Onward! :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

A question about taking it slow. When I'm stabilized my main symptoms are neuropathic pain in my foot or feet and sometimes minor twitches in my legs. Are those symptoms where you guys who believe in slow tapers would still hold?

Builder, did you see this question? How would you proceed if you were me?

(And you won't mention that I'm tapering a whopping 1%/month.)

Hey...whatever works!  :thumbsup:

;D Now watch me try to rationalize this to StephenD....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ch...]
    • [be...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [SB...]
    • [...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Sh...]