Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi all,

Am just beginning liquid mt at .003.at 2 week mark. Because I started at 11mg I liquefy 1 mg til that's complete. When I get to 10 mg in 2 weeks. Is there any advantage in liquefying  1 or 2.5  or 5?  Thanks

It really doesn't matter.

Most folks just use the minimum amount of liquid (1-2mg), and the rest by tablet.  But whatever is most  convenient is OK.

Dummy math question. Dry cutting with very accurate scale, went from 3.0 mg to 2.8 mg. On day 12 and feel terrible.

What is the % of this cut?

Believe me ask anyone on this board and you will know I have benzo brain.  just divided the smaller number by the larger number.  Got .93. 100-93. Is 7%

Thanks Mag. Can you tell me how you calculated that? Benzo brain...

3-2.8=.2

.2/3=.067 rounded up is 7%

1)  Subtract the new dose (2.8  ) from the old dose (3), difference is .2

2)  Divide the difference (.2) by the old dose (3)  .2/3=.067

Math Gurur needed!

Starting up again and want to try 10% per month.

Here's what I have

6AM 5mg capsule of L plus 5mg of L dissolved into 100ml liquid.

2PM same

10PM same

Total daily L = 30mg.

How much should I pull from each of my 3 jars of liquid L? I want to reduce the doses evenly.

Thanks!

Gard

Math Gurur needed!

Here's what I have

2PM same

10PM same

Total daily L = 30mg.

How much should I pull from each of my 3 jars of liquid L? I want to reduce the doses evenly.

Thanks!

Gard

30mg X 10% =3mg per month reduction

3mg/30 days = .1mg per day reduction

.1mg/3 (doses) = .033 mg per dose reduction

Isn't 10 percent of 3 mg. per month equal to .3 mg. per month? Which equals .01 reduction per day?

MirandaJane

Based on her post she's at 30mg/day.

Total daily L = 30mg.

If I was at 1.5mg Valium and cut .25 per month

Can anyone tell me what rate that was?

I was stable and now at 1 no longer stable

I was stable even at 1.25

Chemical terror and anxiety

Have held for a week

Do u think it will calm down w another 3-4 week hold? What to do?

Just wondering if I cut too fast

Jackson I'm not sure if it was too quick. It doesn't seem overly quick. I know that once I got down to 1.5mg and below, I could just never stabilise for some reason. It was horrible. I held for 3 weeks after each cut but it didnt help so I just kept going.

Hi shamu

How bad were you? I am so bad I cannot function literally in one week

Bed /couch terror/alathesia burning blah blah

Did it hit you that hard?

Did it get worse as you cut?

I will hold this for 3-4 weeks. If I can't get stable would you go on neurontin if you were me.. I don't see myself getting off w no acute

I am seriously in so much pain

I mean before I wasn't great but I will take that any day of the week. I was not in physical agony in my chest and crying Etc I appeared normal. So terrified shamu. Kindled so this is round 3. Afraid of heading into winter this unstable bc if I get the flu I am screwed.

I just recovered from pneumonia and a virus and stupidly cut while sick but thought I was ok

Would you updose to 1.5? Someone said updose to 1.25 or so. My heart is going crazy w PVC. My body isn't strong and it's taking a hit. Trying to drink a lot of water but seriously feel like going to a hospital but I know they just make stuff worse

Thanks!

Jackson if you're really really bad maybe you should just try and stabilise and stay there for a while. I tried to updose and stabilise and I was just gonna stay there for 6 months to a year at the same dose and enjoy life but the updose didnt work. I could have tried a bigger updose but didn't in the end. Maybe try 1.5 or even 2...? I know how bad this is to endure.

Math Gurur needed!

Here's what I have

2PM same

10PM same

Total daily L = 30mg.

Thanks!

Gard

Thank you!  Guess I have to do this round robin since my syringes are marked at .02 intervals. So .04 + .04 + .02. Back to writing every reduction for every dose on every day on my little cards so I don't mess up. :P Gosh, I hope my brain can still do this. It's been 8 months!

Yes I was microtapering

I was doing 1ml per day

At 1.56 I was good. Then I got sick twice. I did stupidly continue my taper but I actually was ok

This is what keeps happening. Round 3. I seem "fine" but the storm is underneath

I get to 1 and get slammed. Now harder than the first two times

I need to make it through this. I need to endure it I think

Would a hospital setting you think keep me safe or treatment? They will pull me off. I am completely burning today. Trying not to overreact to the sxs but I am literally on fire. I need help

Math Gurur needed!

Here's what I have

2PM same

10PM same

Total daily L = 30mg.

Thanks!

Gard

Thank you!  Guess I have to do this round robin since my syringes are marked at .02 intervals. So .04 + .04 + .02. Back to writing every reduction for every dose on every day on my little cards so I don't mess up. :P Gosh, I hope my brain can still do this. It's been 8 months!

Hold on, now I'm confused. I thought I understood this but now my brain is stuck.

I make 5mg of L into 100ml of L. How many ml do I pull from each dose?  :-\

Starting my daily micro taper tomorrow. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

Jackson, I hope you are finding ways to cope and feel better soon.

Hugs :hug:

Starting my daily micro taper tomorrow. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

Jackson, I hope you are finding ways to cope and feel better soon.

Hugs :hug:

There is nothing for you to be nervous about. One person's taper has nothing to do with yours. Each of us has our own experience. Just take it slow.

Good luck!

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the support.

I'm nervous because I'm already in withdrawal from an AD and in tolerance from the k, so I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms from both. Earlier this year my doctor made me drop 25% of my dose and I had a horrible withdrawal experience. I'm sure it won't be as bad this time because I'm micro tapering but the memories of the experience of both the CT from the AD and the benzo withdrawal earlier this year don't help with the nerves any. Going slow is the only reason I'm not freaking out about the taper :) Slow like the turtle wins the race!! I'm also hoping it will help with the tolerance withdrawal symptoms.

The only way out is through  :thumbsup:

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the support.

I'm nervous because I'm already in withdrawal from an AD and in tolerance from the k, so I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms from both. Earlier this year my doctor made me drop 25% of my dose and I had a horrible withdrawal experience. I'm sure it won't be as bad this time because I'm micro tapering but the memories of the experience of both the CT from the AD and the benzo withdrawal earlier this year don't help with the nerves any. Going slow is the only reason I'm not freaking out about the taper :) Slow like the turtle wins the race!! I'm also hoping it will help with the tolerance withdrawal symptoms.

The only way out is through  :thumbsup:

Yup, just take it slow. You'll do fine.  :thumbsup:

I just restarted my daily microtaper a week ago, starting with removing only .001 mg out of the 1.21 mg of klonopin I was at after reinstatement, crashing, holding for six months, trying to change to three doses, back up to four doses and trying a small updose.  All has been extremely difficult.  I'm praying that it's true that we can heal as we go down.  I did two Ashton 20% a month cut and suffers 5 years ago and it was worse than this and I didn't start healing on the way down--quite the opposite, I thought I would never survive the insanity.  So I would love to hear from people who were horrible at the start and as they did a slow taper they got better.  Seems absolutely impossible.  I know everyone is different, but I need some hope to hold onto.  Bless you all

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [hu...]
    • [El...]
    • [ry...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [se...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Li...]