Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

HELP! I just realized that I'm out of my 2mg Valium tablets and my pharmacy isn't open until Monday.  Can someone help me use my 5mg to liquify w Vodka

I'm currently on 6 1/2 mg

3mg AM

3 1/2 mg PM

I have my morning dose for today but need to liquify for my pm 3 1/2 mg and Monday morning's 3mg

THANK YOU!!

If you dissolve two 5mg tabs in 100 cc liquid, part vodka, each cc would equal 0.1mg.  Take 30 cc for the 3 mg dose.  Take 35cc for the 3.5mg dose.  Not sure how much vodka to use.  I only use 1.5cc of vodka for my 0.5mg ativan tab.  Probably use 5 times as much as you use for your 2mg tabs.

I hope someone else will chime in.  There may be a better way.  Good luck.

If you dissolve two 5mg tabs in 100 cc liquid, part vodka, each cc would equal 0.1mg.  Take 30 cc for the 3 mg dose.  Take 35cc for the 3.5mg dose.  Not sure how much vodka to use.  I only use 1.5cc of vodka for my 0.5mg ativan tab.  Probably use 5 times as much as you use for your 2mg tabs.

I hope someone else will chime in.  There may be a better way.  Good luck.

2ml vodka  for each mg diazepam.

So dissolve a 5mg tablet in 10ml  vodka.  If you add 40ml water you have 50ml, .1mg diazepam per ml.

THANK YOU BUILDER AND GINGERMINT!! -

This is the DUMBEST question I know but I'm TERRIBLE at math (long before Benzo's) So once I liquify:

How many ML is 3.5mg and 3mg??

This is the DUMBEST question I know but I'm TERRIBLE at math (long before Benzo's) So once I liquify:

Are you using builder's formula?  If so, he says:

.1mg diazepam per ml

3.5mg = 35ml

3mg =  30ml

WARNING: My Seroquel from last night has not worn off yet! Use this if you urgently need it right now or wait until someone with a working brain answers. I would vote for option number 2. ;)

Gard

Gard - THANK YOU!! I have my morning dose covered - its my evening one I don't have (3.5mg)  - so I'll wait for confirmation from Builder or SG57

Someone said there is a spreadsheet that will do the conversions for you? Where is that? I've been sitting on my laurels over here bc I'm on a hold - but with this "emergency" I'm realizing I better figure out how to do this and quick! and then once I DO go to the Liquid RX Valium (or try it at least) - maybe a little hands on now will leave me feeling more confident in all of this......

seriously - THANK GOD for SG and BUILDER!!!!! (and I'm sure there are others) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: RIGHT????

Are you using builder's formula?  If so, he says:

.1mg diazepam per ml

3.5mg = 35ml

3mg =  30ml

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, if your concentration is .1mg per ml, then 3.5mg=35ml and 3mg=30ml.

Just multiply by 10 (move the decimal one place to the right)

OK that makes sense and looked right - I guess I could have simply asked my 12 YEAR OLD!!!  :idiot:

Looking on the bright side - maybe my math skills will improve through this........thanks again! to BOTH of you

Builder, SG, or your 12-year-old.  Good options!  :thumbsup:  :laugh:

You wouldn't believe how many times I had to look at that math. I kept forgetting what I was trying to figure out. And then going back and starting over. :o

Sorry, no idea where the spread sheet is. I use the math gurus.

Diluting again now and getting my system down so I can do it in automatic pilot. So will be tapering again soon, knock wood. My doctor is leaning on me and I'm worried about getting rapid tapered so have to get this going! Then BEWARE of any attempts at math from me.  ::)

Gard

Gardner - I tried to PM you (it bounced) to say Thank you to YOU too - Your math was spot on and my last post didn't seem to convey that!  I'll be watching out for you here on the board (((HUGS)))

So what supplies do I need? Can anyone recommend a really good syringe thing? The only one I have is for my kids medicine from when they were not swallowing pills and it only goes to 10 ML and then what do I store my liquid Valium in?

I will probably TRY the liquid RX Valium bc it seems easier - just to dilute that and then see if I can get the math guys here to help me calculate my cuts - but if it doesnt work (Sounds like some have had a hard time with the RX Version) - I'll do this on my own - I now know from feeling this freaked out - that I need to wrap my brain around this MT and understand how to do it in case of emergency situations like this one........

I'm hogging the board here - sorry - Thanks again

So what supplies do I need? Can anyone recommend a really good syringe thing? The only one I have is for my kids medicine from when they were not swallowing pills and it only goes to 10 ML and then what do I store my liquid Valium in?

Oral syringes are NOT "precision instruments", and they all work pretty much the same.  Think of a syringe as a "liquid ruler"... you're just looking at the length of plunger travel to measure some liquid.  Most pharmacies will give you 1ml and 10ml syringes for free, or they are readily available from Amazon.

Any glass jar with gasketed screw top will work just fine.  I used salvaged food jars (pickles, salad dressing, olives, etc.) 

Ok thanks - so will i need the 1ML one for the micro cuts? is it easy to figure out what line to go to? That has me freaked out -

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself - I'll do this today for the larger dose and then come back once I have my RX Liquid Valium - I may go see my compounding pharmacist too and explain what I'm trying to do - maybe she can show me real life and make it easier for me - Luckily we do have some REALLY great compounding pharmacies here

Ok thanks - so will i need the 1ML one for the micro cuts? is it easy to figure out what line to go to? That has me freaked out -

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself - I'll do this today for the larger dose and then come back once I have my RX Liquid Valium - I may go see my compounding pharmacist too and explain what I'm trying to do - maybe she can show me real life and make it easier for me - Luckily we do have some REALLY great compounding pharmacies here

Like I said, its just like using a ruler.  You won't have any problem

Are you using Rx liquid, or compounded liquid?  They're not the same.

Like I said, its just like using a ruler.  You won't have any problem

Are you using Rx liquid, or compounded liquid?  They're not the same.

You can use either a 10ml or a 1ml depending on how they are marked. I use both depending on how the syringes are marked.  :)--V

Question..been doing a liquid daily taper was doing ok got down to 6mg had to hold at that point I began taking the 2 mg pills I had instead  as I am holding there.  Now could changing from liquid to dry pills cause problems? 

Question..been doing a liquid daily taper was doing ok got down to 6mg had to hold at that point I began taking the 2 mg pills I had instead  as I am holding there.  Now could changing from liquid to dry pills cause problems?

No, its the same med.

Gardner - I tried to PM you (it bounced) to say Thank you to YOU too - Your math was spot on and my last post didn't seem to convey that!  I'll be watching out for you here on the board (((HUGS)))

I use a graduated cylinder for large measurements and oral syringes for small measurements. Got them both on amazon. Also, looked up on youtube how to measure properly with them, since I had never used them before.

Yes, I rarely PM, sorry.

Gard

Builder - for today I'm liquifying the pills with the great info you gave me (only bc I ran out of my 2mg pills)

Moving forward: My logic was to first try the RX Liquid Valium - then I need to dilute that (correct?) - so I wasnt sure if I should dilute myself (with your hand holding  :) or ask the pharmacist to do it - that was why I had asked you the other day all the differences......what was the difference between liquid RX and compounded - and you explained well -

If for some reason I can't tolerate the Liquid RX then I'll liquify pills I guess........

Does this seem rational ??

Is it ok to use the water titration spreadsheet.  I notice that the monthly taper rate increases as drug amount declines.  So that calculation isn't based on last dose but is calculated from original starting dose.  For some reason I like using a spreadsheet like that.  Summary. Although daily rate of delineate stays stagnant the calculated 2 week decline rate increases as taper progresses?

Builder - for today I'm liquifying the pills with the great info you gave me (only bc I ran out of my 2mg pills)

Moving forward: My logic was to first try the RX Liquid Valium - then I need to dilute that (correct?) - so I wasnt sure if I should dilute myself (with your hand holding  :) or ask the pharmacist to do it - that was why I had asked you the other day all the differences......what was the difference between liquid RX and compounded - and you explained well -

If for some reason I can't tolerate the Liquid RX then I'll liquify pills I guess........

Does this seem rational ??

If you can make a batch of orange juice by mixing a can of frozen concentrate with water, you can dilute your own diazepam!  :)

SG,

Hey. I was hoping you could help me with my taper. I am not sure if you have been around. I haven't been recently. I would love to talk to you this week if you are around. Thanks!

Gard,

Hi!  :smitten:

XO Maya

Hi Maya!! :D

Haven't seen SG lately, but builder has been here. But I'm up and down like a yoyo, so I might have missed seeing SG.

Hope you are doing OK!

Gard :smitten:

SG,

Hey. I was hoping you could help me with my taper. I am not sure if you have been around. I haven't been recently. I would love to talk to you this week if you are around. Thanks!

Gard,

Hi!  :smitten:

XO Maya

Hi Maya,

I'm around.  I haven't been posting much these days.  What's up?

Hi Maya,

I'm around.  I haven't been posting much these days.  What's up?

SG,

Thanks for answering. I had the worst wave of my taper and it lasted almost two months. I have just been out of it for like a week and a half. I don't know why it happened. I didn't even feel my last two cuts. Updosing makes me worse. I was cutting weekly or biweekly. I have been holding a little over a month. I want to start tapering again in a week or two but I want to try something different that is hopefully easier on my body. Physically my wave was bad and I have been having gut and hormonal issues. I have appts, testing and I have to work on healing my gut etc. so I want to start very slow like 5-8%. I want to try MT or some version of it.  I don't know if most who MT Valium cut every day. I am willing to try that but I think I may need some holds built in. I feel cuts right away and my body doesn't like a lot of change at once. You really helped me with my c/o and then with cutting every 3-5 days.

I was considering trying liquid but I think I will wait until I figure out my taper. I am scared my gut won't tolerate it or I will metabolize it faster.

My doses are also uneven. I just switched back to dosing every 8 hrs last week so things are more even. I had been taking my 2nd dose after 7 hrs because of inter-dose. I also am taking 3.5mgs when I wake up and before bed and 3mgs as my second dose. I am thinking of evening them out slowly in the next week. I am using all 2mgs pills and they weigh .150g.

I would really appreciate your advice. I hope you are doing well.

Thanks

:smitten:

Maya

Hi Maya!! :D

Haven't seen SG lately, but builder has been here. But I'm up and down like a yoyo, so I might have missed seeing SG.

Hope you are doing OK!

Gard :smitten:

Gard,

I miss you! I think of you often. I hope things are better now that you have lowered seroquel. I am doing okay. I took July off from tapering to taper protonix so now just Valium left. Things got really rough recently though. I was having issues eating again. I hope you are doing at least ok!

Lots of love

:smitten:

XO Maya

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]
    • [Fr...]
    • [PE...]
    • [ha...]
    • [le...]