Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thank you all for your help! Can someone write out a milk 100 ml daily micro taper using the beaker and milk. I'm trying to get completely off and don't know a reasonable level to start at? Ideally, I'd like to drop 10% a month. Which would be 5mg. Can someone write out a first 2week micro taper given that amount? How much do I take out of the cylinder ?

Thanks for your help!

Love to all in this AWFUL situation

Since no one has answered this is what I would do. I would use a 5mg pill dissolved in 10ml vodka or propylene glycol and 40ml of water for your daily wet dose. That would be .1mg of V per 10ml of water. You you will need a jar, a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe. Use the 10ml syringe to measure the solution.  Once mixed you will have a 10:1 ratio. Each day for 30 days, you will be removing an additional 1.8ml from the 10ml syringe for one dose and taking the rest in a dry dose. So the first day you remove 1.8ml and the second day 3.6 and so on. If you want to make more than a day's dose, you can use the same formula using 6 5mg pills 60ml propylene glycol or vodka and 240ml of water to make 6 days worth. I believe my math is right but someone might want to check. At the end of 30 days, you will have removed 5.4mg.  :)--V

I know how easy it is to get a decimal out of place, but...

5mg V in 50ml liquid is 1mg per 10ml, NOT .1 (1/10th)mg per 10ml.

;)

Oops. I meant .1mg per ml. Thanks builder! :)--V

So I've held for six months at 1.2 mg klonopin after starting to microtaper from 1.25 mg a year ago. While I'm no longer having psychotic episodes, I think what is left is side effects:  DR, sedation, brain fog, feeling physically poisoned, slow vision and reaction time, disorientation, toxic sleep, confusion, poor concentration and memory. I am dosing four times a day because that's just how it ended up after cross from ativan 15 months ago. Tomorrow I am going down to three even doses a day to see if that helps or at least doesn't make things ten times worse. Doc thinks CUZ I'm a slow metabolizer im not processing the crap fast enough.

Question for when I restart MT soon after:  I am dissolving klonopin ODT wafers in 60 ml milk and have held at pulling 3 ml since March 1. Before that I was pulling .01 ml a day and still crashing but in retrospect some of that crashing may have been that my body just doesn't like this drug. I kept thinking the fog/sedation/vision would improve with the hold but this is twice the amount of klonopin I was on in the past and I only ever took it at night.

Anyway, what would be a recommended start up pull each day?  Some tell me to schedule in regular holds, like pull/pull/pull/hold/hold but I don't know if I just wait until I start deteriorating before I hold.

I fully intend to updose back to when I felt better (ha!) if a couple day hold doesn't help with new or worsening symptoms. Praying the hold did something for me and that dosing 3x a day may give a little relief without adding interdose crap. Thanks for the help!

Hi Lizagal and everyone, sorry Liza I can't answer your question but I'm curious too. I started my MT on July 17, very slowly, then have been dropping about .5 mg every 10 days. This was going along great but I'm suddenly back with Sx of mild everything but most noticeably nausea, morning anxiety and lack of motivation, brain fog, muscle spasm. I think I was going too fast. I'd also like to know if there's a pattern which works for other people. My b-doc told me to find my own rate of dropping. Wow you have my empathy and also to everyone on here who has/is suffering worse than I am. Or have.

Also I think there were outside things which added to my current return of Sx. I had a super busy week last week, feeling good and getting things done, and seeing my Mom which was always a huge trigger to get sicker and I hadn't seen her in months. I have not had my fresh veg juice since before the weekend and will force myself to make some today. I like it; just couldn't seem to DO it. You know how it goes. I'm defo going to hold for a bit and then look for a better pattern.

Reminding ourselves we're all doing what some wouldn't be able to. We are all so strong. Love to all, Charlotte

Hi Lizagal and everyone, sorry Liza I can't answer your question but I'm curious too. I started my MT on July 17, very slowly, then have been dropping about .5 mg every 10 days. This was going along great but I'm suddenly back with Sx of mild everything but most noticeably nausea, morning anxiety and lack of motivation, brain fog, muscle spasm. I think I was going too fast. I'd also like to know if there's a pattern which works for other people. My b-doc told me to find my own rate of dropping. Wow you have my empathy and also to everyone on here who has/is suffering worse than I am. Or have.

Also I think there were outside things which added to my current return of Sx. I had a super busy week last week, feeling good and getting things done, and seeing my Mom which was always a huge trigger to get sicker and I hadn't seen her in months. I have not had my fresh veg juice since before the weekend and will force myself to make some today. I like it; just couldn't seem to DO it. You know how it goes. I'm defo going to hold for a bit and then look for a better pattern.

Reminding ourselves we're all doing what some wouldn't be able to. We are all so strong. Love to all, Charlotte

I'm the same way. I was feeling pretty good last week and really pushed myself. Why? I guess because I could and it felt good to engage with my "old life".  This week has been rough and I had to hold for the first time in a while yesterday due to anxiety/physical sx.  I'm also trying to find the proper rate of taper, but it really is like hitting a moving target. My proper rate has accelerated and decelerated on a myriad of occasions over the past year.

Good luck to you,

Ed

Ed, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. It's nice to go on here and connect when I'm feeling anxious and alone, though. I'm one who feels like 70% better at night. So since I take my V at night, I would say, "I'm doing great, I'll just keep going for it". Well, never mind. I've probably had the longest hold of anyone on here, 13 mg for about 2 1/2 years. So what's a few days or whatever? But it does feel terrible. I've decided not to beat myself up and add to the misery though. I'm thinking that I should just hold before I have things like seeing Mom on the schedule. I did think about it.

Ah well, I do believe what Parker posted. Sx are signs that our bodies are healing. And for me, fortunately, work is a great distraction. I work in the afternoon/evenings and feel so much better almost always while there and afterward, although it's tiring. Hope we both, and everyone, feel much better soon!  :thumbsup:

Ed, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. It's nice to go on here and connect when I'm feeling anxious and alone, though. I'm one who feels like 70% better at night. So since I take my V at night, I would say, "I'm doing great, I'll just keep going for it". Well, never mind. I've probably had the longest hold of anyone on here, 13 mg for about 2 1/2 years. So what's a few days or whatever? But it does feel terrible. I've decided not to beat myself up and add to the misery though. I'm thinking that I should just hold before I have things like seeing Mom on the schedule. I did think about it.

Ah well, I do believe what Parker posted. Sx are signs that our bodies are healing. And for me, fortunately, work is a great distraction. I work in the afternoon/evenings and feel so much better almost always while there and afterward, although it's tiring. Hope we both, and everyone, feel much better soon!  :thumbsup:

We'll all get there at our own pace. Just have to stay the course.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ed

Hi, Jeff. Hi builder. I don't think I saw SG, but hi if you're there. Sorry, can't remember everybody. I've had bad cog fog for weeks and it seems to be getting worse. I will probably forget I posted this!

Here's my update from the slowest taper ever. With lots of help from Anne (the suspension queen of BB), I have learned how to suspend the Q and have successfully dosed it as a liquid for a week. Now I am going to start the world's slowest MT of it.

I have been in cog fog and dizziness for weeks. I don't know why. I can't seem to do the simplest things without messing them up. I fell down the deck stairs and sprained my ankle yesterday just from turning to set something down. I set myself down instead. And not gently! ::) So I figured I'd better not make guesses at how much to taper.

Any math gurus want to tell me if it's OK to cut 1 ml of my 200ml every day? The whole tablet is 25mg Q. I am cutting 65ml of the 200ml right now. So what kind of percent per month would that be. Is it too fast? I am wanting to get down to 100ml as my total Q dose before I start up the L taper again. But my brain can't figure out what a good pace would be. I can't do percents or anything. Heck, I can't even cook an egg without burning it, and I destroyed a recipe today that I have made hundreds of times. :-[ Total brain fry, I assume from all these meds. I need to get lower.

I have a question. I got really symptomatic seemingly out of the blue after wondering aloud if I was headed for a crash. I tried updosing and I still feel really symptomatic.

So my question is largely for people who say their taper went "smooth". Mine went pretty smooth up until this and now it's really bad. I'm not sure if this means that after holding for a bit I will do any good or not.

So when people talk about holding, what are you holding until? You're no longer in pain or discomfort or until it's tolerable? I can't believe that literally 2 weeks ago I was asking if there was something wrong with me that I didn't have more symptoms and now I'm in pain every day and wondering when this is going to get better.

I have a question. I got really symptomatic seemingly out of the blue after wondering aloud if I was headed for a crash. I tried updosing and I still feel really symptomatic.

So my question is largely for people who say their taper went "smooth". Mine went pretty smooth up until this and now it's really bad. I'm not sure if this means that after holding for a bit I will do any good or not.

So when people talk about holding, what are you holding until? You're no longer in pain or discomfort or until it's tolerable? I can't believe that literally 2 weeks ago I was asking if there was something wrong with me that I didn't have more symptoms and now I'm in pain every day and wondering when this is going to get better.

Cuts take days and sometimes weeks to show up. on the flip side, holds and up doses can take days, weeks or months to show up. That is why it is soooo important to not put a time or date on getting off. it will come when it comes!

I understand that. What I'm asking is this. When people say they feel their taper is going smooth what do they mean? I was trying to finish the last of my taper with a MT in the hopes that it would ease the effects. Now that I have any pain does that mean I can expect to have pain from this point forward? Or will it ease up at some point and it will be obvious to me when to continue?

I understand that. What I'm asking is this. When people say they feel their taper is going smooth what do they mean? I was trying to finish the last of my taper with a MT in the hopes that it would ease the effects. Now that I have any pain does that mean I can expect to have pain from this point forward? Or will it ease up at some point and it will be obvious to me when to continue?

Stephen... I would post this on the long hold support group thread... I think you get more responses....

I usually hold until I feel stable. This does NOT mean I am asymptomatic. It simply means that my symptoms have leveled off to a tolerable level and aren't jumping up and down and all over the place.  It's tough to see what is really going on with the big gap in your signature.  How much would you say you cut in the 30 days prior to gaining symptoms?

Best,

Ed

Stephen I think the question on the hold is a good one. I've finally started my mt and was told that I should have "little to no Sx". Well of course we all have Sx, but for me I want my life to be bearable. I was on the taper for 1 1/2 months and feeling good, still in the window. I've been holding for about a week now, and I'm feeling a bit better each day. I had a great window due to diet change before I started the taper, so I know how good I can feel.

My nausea has mostly gone and my mind is clearer. Still have the AM anxiety and general mild Sx. I, too wonder if I should start my taper again or wait a bit longer? Don't know how it works exactly. I think I'll start again this weekend if things keep getting better. Also about 3 days prior to the wave, I missed taking .5 mg V in my cut pills one night. Since it's V, I hoped it would even out but it may have been the major cause, along with a very busy and stressful week, good and bad.

To Gardener, so sorry to hear about your injury! Aaah it's horrible how this thing messes up our capabilities! For me, I wouldn't even try to make an old recipe; have a hard time motivating to cook past a salad or canned something. Hope you feel better! HM

To Gardener, so sorry to hear about your injury! Aaah it's horrible how this thing messes up our capabilities! For me, I wouldn't even try to make an old recipe; have a hard time motivating to cook past a salad or canned something. Hope you feel better! HM

Thanks, Healing. So I'm not the only one who has had their cooking skills hijacked!

My ankle feels better today but still is developing new colors. Need to stay off of it! :P So much for my daily walks, the whole 3 blocks but better than nothing, right?

I have been holding for a long time and also wish I could keep cutting. Waiting for a math guru help me set a pace. Or even anybody who can figure percents! My math skills went same way my cooking skills did. ::)

Gard

Has anyone here been on kolonopin switched to liquid but thought they were having problems from the liquid but were too symptomatic when they switched anyway and its hard to tell?

Please see signature for details.....

I've been really thinking of trying to go back to pills but I hesitate due to losing accuracy and I don't think I could deal with cutting trying to weigh it right...

Also I wouldn't think of doing this right away.... Just wondering if kolonopin users have had this problem with liquid....

Also, does anyone know if you were a poor metabolizer of kolonopin why dosing multiple times a days would make symptoms worse? I thought it would make it better because they were spaced apart?

Sorry for all my questions... Just trying to troubleshoot and figure things out..... :-\:-[

Hi, Jeff. Hi builder. I don't think I saw SG, but hi if you're there. Sorry, can't remember everybody. I've had bad cog fog for weeks and it seems to be getting worse. I will probably forget I posted this!

Here's my update from the slowest taper ever. With lots of help from Anne (the suspension queen of BB), I have learned how to suspend the Q and have successfully dosed it as a liquid for a week. Now I am going to start the world's slowest MT of it.

I have been in cog fog and dizziness for weeks. I don't know why. I can't seem to do the simplest things without messing them up. I fell down the deck stairs and sprained my ankle yesterday just from turning to set something down. I set myself down instead. And not gently! ::) So I figured I'd better not make guesses at how much to taper.

Any math gurus want to tell me if it's OK to cut 1 ml of my 200ml every day? The whole tablet is 25mg Q. I am cutting 65ml of the 200ml right now. So what kind of percent per month would that be. Is it too fast? I am wanting to get down to 100ml as my total Q dose before I start up the L taper again. But my brain can't figure out what a good pace would be. I can't do percents or anything. Heck, I can't even cook an egg without burning it, and I destroyed a recipe today that I have made hundreds of times. :-[ Total brain fry, I assume from all these meds. I need to get lower.

Hi Gard,

So sorry to hear about your fall.  I hope that you are doing okay. 

You are on 16.875 mg at present.  If you were to cut 1 mL a day for a month (30 days) you will cut by 22%.  Is that too much?  I am not sure. Each mL contains 25 mg/200 mL = 0.125 mg / mL.  Cutting 30 mL (over a month) is 30 mL x 0.125mg/mL = 3.75 mg. 

16.875 - 3.75 mg = 13.125 mg 

and

3.75/16.875 * 100 = 22%.  So that would be a 22% cut in a month.  If you were to decrease by 0.5 mL a day, it would be an 11% cut.  This might be more doable. 

Anne  :smitten:

[a6...]

Right there with you, Journey2. Nowhere to go if things go bad ..... all of that makes going back on benzos impossible to take off the table for me - even when I know it will just prolong the inevitable. Sometimes I think, do this during retirement - but then I think - I want to enjoy my retirement. And then I think, well, you have young kids now, enjoy your time (which I can't fully). It's all very confusing.

Sorry that you have nobody to turn to if things go bad, but lets assume they wont. I'm trying to learn not to worry.

Hi Gard,

So sorry to hear about your fall.  I hope that you are doing okay. 

You are on 16.875 mg at present.  If you were to cut 1 mL a day for a month (30 days) you will cut by 22%.  Is that too much?  I am not sure. Each mL contains 25 mg/200 mL = 0.125 mg / mL.  Cutting 30 mL (over a month) is 30 mL x 0.125mg/mL = 3.75 mg. 

16.875 - 3.75 mg = 13.125 mg 

and

3.75/16.875 * 100 = 22%.  So that would be a 22% cut in a month.  If you were to decrease by 0.5 mL a day, it would be an 11% cut.  This might be more doable. 

Anne  :smitten:

Yes, I think 11% is much safer!

Sg/ Builder.... anyone please...Urgent.... Need help!... Severe symptoms..... Please look at signature first... please!

never got acclimated to liquid... Been doing for 4 months.....

I need to try something different to save my life......

currently at .94.5 mg of generic clonazepam....

Pulled out 6.50 ml so far.....

how do I switch over back to pills gradually....

I use (2) .50 mg pills diluted in 100 ml of whole milk....

Will this upset my symptoms more?    please please help.....

Doses taken 3 times a day.... I think i need to change that.... I believe I'm a slow metabolizer....

It's like I am in constant withdrawal since I started reducing back in may left over from ativan withdrawal... I never stabilized after 4 months... But symptoms got softer.... Now I am worse then ever...... I don't know what's going on....having stroke like symptoms taken by ambulance to er.... I. Believe I reduced too quickly and its all catching up.. Also with cycle.....

Please tell me if this could be a factor...

Dr confirmed benzo withdrawal..... Thank you so  much.....

Whatever I am doing is not working.... I have to see an addiction specialist and will present a plan to him to see what will work....

I don't know of any suggestions to fix this.... But everything will be under supervision of dr.... Please please help me....

Dear Pleasebehere, I'm sorry I don't know about the forms of benzo you're taking. I want you to know that I'm here and I read your post and I care about you. My only guess is maybe to hold your dose for awhile. Could not find any place in your sig where you did that and it got worse. It sounds like your doctor is at least aware that benzo is the problem. I really really hope the addiction specialist is one who knows about benzos which is extremely rare. If you can, print some Ashton stuff and bring it along. I'll take an un-PC step here and suggest something which I do; pray to the archangels, they will really come and hold you and help you heal if you ask. I can't see them but when I get really bad I ask for their help and I feel them. Sending you love and aloha, Charlotte  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sg/ Builder.... anyone please...Urgent.... Need help!... Severe symptoms..... Please look at signature first... please!

Doses taken 3 times a day.... I think i need to change that.... I believe I'm a slow metabolizer....

It's like I am in constant withdrawal since I started reducing back in may left over from ativan withdrawal... I never stabilized after 4 months... But symptoms got softer.... Now I am worse then ever...... I don't know what's going on....having stroke like symptoms taken by ambulance to er.... I. Believe I reduced too quickly and its all catching up.. Also with cycle.....

Whatever I am doing is not working.... I have to see an addiction specialist and will present a plan to him to see what will work....

I don't know of any suggestions to fix this.... But everything will be under supervision of dr.... Please please help me....

IDK, Please.  I wish I had answers.  We've been all around this is the past and it is a hard one to figure.  These drugs do some weird things that we don't understand.  It could be that the drug itself is a problem, but my usual suspicion is that, somehow, you are getting shorted.  That could be wrong, but it does happen.  I think Liza mentioned this to you on the Long Hold thread and I thought that was a good thing to check.  Is there anything you are doing that could be speeding the K out of your body?  Other meds?  Foods?  Detoxes and cleanses?  What is your diet like?  Do you eat processed foods?

Dear Pleasebehere, I'm sorry I don't know about the forms of benzo you're taking. I want you to know that I'm here and I read your post and I care about you. My only guess is maybe to hold your dose for awhile. Could not find any place in your sig where you did that and it got worse. It sounds like your doctor is at least aware that benzo is the problem. I really really hope the addiction specialist is one who knows about benzos which is extremely rare. If you can, print some Ashton stuff and bring it along. I'll take an un-PC step here and suggest something which I do; pray to the archangels, they will really come and hold you and help you heal if you ask. I can't see them but when I get really bad I ask for their help and I feel them. Sending you love and aloha, Charlotte  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much Charlotte!  Bless you so much!  Your response comforted me immensely.....

IDK, Please.  I wish I had answers.  We've been all around this is the past and it is a hard one to figure.  These drugs do some weird things that we don't understand.  It could be that the drug itself is a problem, but my usual suspicion is that, somehow, you are getting shorted.  That could be wrong, but it does happen.  I think Liza mentioned this to you on the Long Hold thread and I thought that was a good thing to check.  Is there anything you are doing that could be speeding the K out of your body?  Other meds?  Foods?  Detoxes and cleanses?  What is your diet like?  Do you eat processed foods?

I stopped the foot detoxes and supplements...and eat all organic... I do eat alot of smoothies with spinach kale and blueberries....

.. I believe you are right... The drug itself is a problem and doesn't agree with me.... It's working halfway.... how do you deal with that.... Nobody can tell me...  Do I rapidly come off? Switch to Valium? I guess a doctor who is benzo wise can help?

I have to get off of this safely though... I don't know how.... I'm really thinking its the liquid.... I had the hardest time adjusting to that and got sicker....

Do you know of a mathematical equation on how to go back to pills gradually like part pills and part liquid on the current dose I'm at which is 94.50mg......

I have to try something....

I stopped the foot detoxes and supplements...and eat all organic... I do eat alot of smoothies with spinach kale and blueberries....

.. I believe you are right... The drug itself is a problem and doesn't agree with me.... It's working halfway.... how do you deal with that.... Nobody can tell me...  Do I rapidly come off? Switch to Valium? I guess a doctor who is benzo wise can help?

I have to get off of this safely though... I don't know how.... I'm really thinking its the liquid.... I had the hardest time adjusting to that and got sicker....

Do you know of a mathematical equation on how to go back to pills gradually like part pills and part liquid on the current dose I'm at which is 94.50mg......

I'm sure you mean 94.50ml. Right?--V

currently at .94.5 in mg of generic clonazepam....

I'm sure you mean 94.50ml. Right?--V

I'm confused V because I was under the impression that the milliliters I was pulling out equals to 94.5 mg.... Such as if I  pulled out 6.50ml so far that translates to 94.5 in mg... At least that's what I thought?

Is that what I'm doing wrong maybe?

SG57 in his infinite patience and kindness was helping me with this.... Maybe he could chime in?!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Sw...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [ge...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]