Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi SG!  :)

So...I've been playing with numbers (again  ;))... and thinking if I were to manage .001g/daily after this cut settles, we could be looking at a 100 day taper to zero.  This cut I reduced .007 g.  We'll see how it goes as it's only day 3.  But I was thinking if this isn't too different (or difficult), then maybe I would begin a MT in a week or so.  Or cut .006-7 weekly rather than every 10 days.

It's probably not a good idea to change things as the taper has been going well with C/H at around 5% or .006 g.  I only increased the gram amount this time as I held an extra week for travel and wanted to catch up, so to speak.

Your thoughts?  I bet you'll tell me not to get carried away  ::) and stay with what has worked.  Just wondering if I couldn't speed things up a little bit...of course I would slow it down if I had any untoward sxs.

BTW, I was looking back at my calendar/diary for this year and noticing just how much my sxs have diminished over these last 6 months.  They creep back...but don't stay for long and aren't as debilitating as they were.  With much appreciation for the wise counsel you - and others - have given me.  A careful taper takes enormous patience and discipline...but I am beginning to see the end of the tunnel.

Mana :smitten:

Hi SG!  :)

So...I've been playing with numbers (again  ;))... and thinking if I were to manage .001g/daily after this cut settles, we could be looking at a 100 day taper to zero.  This cut I reduced .007 g.  We'll see how it goes as it's only day 3.  But I was thinking if this isn't too different (or difficult), then maybe I would begin a MT in a week or so.  Or cut .006-7 weekly rather than every 10 days.

It's probably not a good idea to change things as the taper has been going well with C/H at around 5% or .006 g.  I only increased the gram amount this time as I held an extra week for travel and wanted to catch up, so to speak.

Your thoughts?  I bet you'll tell me not to get carried away  ::) and stay with what has worked.  Just wondering if I couldn't speed things up a little bit...of course I would slow it down if I had any untoward sxs.

BTW, I was looking back at my calendar/diary for this year and noticing just how much my sxs have diminished over these last 6 months.  They creep back...but don't stay for long and aren't as debilitating as they were.  With much appreciation for the wise counsel you - and others - have given me.  A careful taper takes enormous patience and discipline...but I am beginning to see the end of the tunnel.

Mana :smitten:

I'd stick with what has been working and not try to speed it up.  As you go down the cuts get bigger on their own, so to speak.  If you have a formula that is working stay with it and try to make the goal keeping symptoms away, rather than getting free.  I'm glad it is working out for you.

[b3...]
After an unsuccessful attempt to cut and hold (10% at one time was way too much for me to handle) I'm back on the daily liquid titration. It got me from 2.5 to 2 and then I held there for a while before starting another cut. I don't have a proper daily schedule printed out but I'm taking 1.5 dry and liquefying .5 in 100 mL's of whole milk and removing 1.2 mL's a day. Does this sound ok? I'd appreciate some help from those of you who know more about this process than me.

Does anyone else find they get bad withdrawl symptoms when they come down with a cold?

It's winter in my country and I've caught a throat and nose infection from the kids which is no big deal but it seems I've suddenly gone down hill with anxiety and insomnia even though I've been holding for two weeks.

I'm guessing it's because I'm tired and run down, or maybe I've hit tolerance after two weeks already.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if colds can make withdrawl happen or if it could possibly be the cough medicine and throat lozenges? Are there certain medications I should avoid? Surely cough medicine cant trigger panic attacks like this?

Some days I feel I will never get off this stupid valium because at the moment I feel I could never live without it but just last week I was on top of the world and feeling better than I've felt in years. Ugggh, the rollercoaster of benzo withdrawl.

Could be worse. At least I'm not still on 30mg like I once was, used to feel this way every day. Now that I type that, I feel grateful. Sorry to have a big whinge I'm just scared and tired. Thanks for being here benzo buddies xxx

After an unsuccessful attempt to cut and hold (10% at one time was way too much for me to handle) I'm back on the daily liquid titration. It got me from 2.5 to 2 and then I held there for a while before starting another cut. I don't have a proper daily schedule printed out but I'm taking 1.5 dry and liquefying .5 in 100 mL's of whole milk and removing 1.2 mL's a day. Does this sound ok? I'd appreciate some help from those of you who know more about this process than me.

Well done for switching to a titration, I think it was a really wise step. Titrations have been a huge help for me but I use water with a tiny bit of vodka instead of milk because I can't handle dairy. How long does the milk titration stay fresh enough to drink?

I'm jealous, but SUPER CONGRATS!! Enjoy the blessing and the victory :)

Jeff

Jeff I can relate to what you say here. Both about mixed feelings when other people cross the finish line but also what you write in your profile below about the Wheel of fortune and feeling it will never end. I wish you well and hope your week is going as well as it can. Sending you blessings

You're tapering at 9% a month.  Generally, that is a careful rate, but that does not mean it is for everyone.

This is a 5.6% decrease over a two week period.  You can always decrease the amount you remove if symptoms ramp up.  For example if you decrease the amount removed to 0.6 mL/day, that would be about 2.8% decrease in a two week period.  You could start lower and then adjust your taper rate up or down depending on how you feel.

Anne

You're tapering at 9% a month.  Generally, that is a careful rate, but that does not mean it is for everyone.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[b3...]

Awesome, thank you guys very much. I was aiming for 10% a month so that's good.

JustDoToday33:

Thanks for the support. I don't like dairy too much either but I make the mixture in the afternoon and then refrigerate it and drink it about 24 hours later. I've thought of switching to the milk/vodka mixture just to cut back on doing dishes lol and also because like I said I'm not the biggest fan of milk anyway but for right now at least it's ok.

Awesome, thank you guys very much. I was aiming for 10% a month so that's good.

JustDoToday33:

Thanks for the support. I don't like dairy too much either but I make the mixture in the afternoon and then refrigerate it and drink it about 24 hours later. I've thought of switching to the milk/vodka mixture just to cut back on doing dishes lol and also because like I said I'm not the biggest fan of milk anyway but for right now at least it's ok.

Yeah it does mean doing dishes haha! But I'm glad your mixture is working well for you, that's whats important and I wish you well. You'll get there :)

SG57

Hi SG

Just got a question about my son Ben. He has a suspected concussion and is currently holding his dose

Although the new symptoms are consistent with benzo withdrawal but not typical of his symptoms over the last 3 years to date.

Not sure if it is a concussion or his existing cognitive symptoms being amplified to the extreme.

I guess its impossible to differentiate the two but hoping this hasnt caused too bad of a flare.

What are your thoughts on liquid titration over dry cut which we are currently doing?

There is a school of thought that the active ingredient isnt evenly distrubuted throughought the pill itself. Do you agree with that?

His taper has been reasonably managable until fairly recently and especially since experiencing new symptoms after his supposed concussion.

Thanks heaps,

Dave

SG57

Hi SG

Just got a question about my son Ben. He has a suspected concussion and is currently holding his dose

Although the new symptoms are consistent with benzo withdrawal but not typical of his symptoms over the last 3 years to date.

Not sure if it is a concussion or his existing cognitive symptoms being amplified to the extreme.

I guess its impossible to differentiate the two but hoping this hasnt caused too bad of a flare.

What are your thoughts on liquid titration over dry cut which we are currently doing?

There is a school of thought that the active ingredient isnt evenly distrubuted throughought the pill itself. Do you agree with that?

His taper has been reasonably managable until fairly recently and especially since experiencing new symptoms after his supposed concussion.

Thanks heaps,

Dave

I've never had much concern about the distribution of benzo in the pill.  And I'll point out that dry cutting with a scale has an advantage over liquids in that the dose is exactly the right weight each time.  I like liquids, that's for sure.  My biggest problems with dry scale cutting is that it limits the cut size and, for the same reasons, can be inaccurate.  At some point these limitation hinder what we are trying to do.  But Ben is using V and you have a very accurate scale so that makes these issues go away.  His cut is well above the smallest cut you can make.

Sorry to hear about the concussion.  My youngest daughter had a bad one when she was young and has been prone to them ever since.  She has had about five now.

SG I really need your help...i have been in the hospital twice..i am down to 100lbs and my hr went to 258 and i was admitted and diagnosed with Supraventricular tachycardia none of the cardio docs would talk about the benzos being any cause of it or the pvcs....something they said either surgery or live with it..my husband best friend and son all thinks the palps and the the hr going haywire is benzo related

since the swallowing problem started and i have updosed to 2.75mgs

i have to crush the pills and put them on a med paper and then take them..i am not well and it hit me today how the pills were being done

i was taking .75mgs .75mgs .50mgs and .75mgs to get the 2.75 a day

so today it hit me i am having some days that are really bad and then some days i can tolerate..i cant drive anymore and most days dont leave my chair unless i have a doc appt.

so i took out the crushed pills that i had cut with a pill cutter and weighed the weighs for the day some of them are making my days .012gms off and i know thats alot and i am sure some days are more and thats got me on a merry go round.

so i was thinking either taking the average .173 of 1 mg tabs and you do the math for the doses and i will just crush the pills for the week up and weigh it out on the scale in powder and then it would be more accurate..i could do up to 2 weeks worth at a time.

so would i need to know the average for you to give me the weights? or can i just crush all the pills up in a mortal and pestal and then tar out the med paper and put the powder on it? if i can do that what would the weighs be for my 4 doses?

sorry this is so long and makes some kind of sense cause i am in a really bad place and need to pull out and this sounds like it will help

thanks for all your help

deep

SG, I think I have messed up my cross so bad.....my brain is so confused, I wonder if I show you how I am doing this if you can help at all,  you have been so very patient with me and I have messed things up out of desperation...  my liquid solution is 1ml/1mg.  I am still feeling very very sedated and tipsy on the v.  I know v sedates you, but I am pretty drunk feeling...is this too much v?

2:00 am I take 3 mg v

6:00 am "  ""  3 mg v

10:00 am        .535 ml a

2:00 pm        .535 ml a and .50 mg v

6:00 pm        .535 ml a and .50 mg v

10.00 pm      .535ml a and .50 mg v and 6.5 ambien

I have 2 doses left to cut yet, and 1.5 mg of v left.  still experiencing lots of interdose sxs....I stupidly listened to a friend, (NOT ANNIE) and she said to get a lot of v into you first and then do the cutting of a and the ID wouldn't be so bad....I don't know if covering some of the doses I have left with more of the v taken from those 2 in the middle of the night doses of 3 mg v would be helpful, I want to end up with 3 doses a day of 3 mg v each.  would that be too much moving around for my CNS?  I would love to get rid of the 2:00 in the middle of the night dose for sure, hate waking up,  I  have to show progress for the doctor...I have an appointment in a month or so.....my husband and I keep throwing ideas around and I'm not sure which works....my worst id sxs are at the 10 in the morning and 2:00 afternoon dose.  Would it be better to get rid of those doses last?  My v doses are so out of balance, does that matter at all?  We just cut the 2 oclock dose today and added .50 of v, but wondered if we should cover the 10 o'clock morning dose with some v since I experience so much withdrawal there? (I never covered it because there was so much v during the night, 6mg.)  thought it would cover the ten oclock dose....when will I learn to listen to the right people?????  so sorry to bother you again...just wondered if you had any thoughts about where to go from here....thanks again stella bee....(I didn't know crossovers were so difficult) 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ho...]
    • [Da...]
    • [...]
    • [Cr...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [mi...]
    • [...]
    • [Vo...]
    • [ge...]
    • [La...]
    • [Ch...]